Old 05-05-2008, 05:45 AM   #1  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

S/C/G: 291.8/286.8/199

Height: 5'4 1/2

Arrow W.O.W. Memorial Day Challenge - Week 8!

2 weeks to go, yall!
JasonsLea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 07:49 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/130

Height: 5'1

Ok - I'm back. I know that I'm having severe motivational issues.. but I also know that getting back on here - posting amongst those that will support me through this helps. Also I realize that I am making progress. I used to "diet" for a week - then completely fall off for a month.. 2 months.. a year! I know what I want - i knwo what I have to do.. I just have to stay the course. Change when necessary - but keep moving forward! This is it. i may falter - i may fall (it's not uncommon for me to trip upstairs anyhow) but this is it!!!

I've gained a lot back but I know that going back to IE and cutting out a lot of the stuff that I've allowed myself to eat these last few weeks - I'll drop it quickly again. It's the 60# that's been stuck on me for over 10 years that I'm going to struggle with. - BUT I'M WORTH THE STRUGGLE!!!! Falling of fthe wagon for a few days is far better then the past - but it's not going to get me where I need to be.

So I'm WEEDing again

W - DRINK IT!! 64+ oz a day
E - Be sensible - McD's doesn't cut it, either does Little Caesers, Burger King, or Arby's... AND STOP DRINKING SO MUCH POP!!! When you're thirsty WATER!!!
E- MOVE! Do a video everynight. Even if it's a shorter one - MOVE!!!
D - Don't give up on yourself - in the end you're all you've got!

Last edited by Enygirl; 05-05-2008 at 07:50 AM.
Enygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 08:02 AM   #3  
The Sky is the Limit!

S/C/G: 227/ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

Talking Hi Girlies

Back from Havasu. Fried to a crisp. Had a great day of just cruising and hanging out on the lake Saturday. We stocked our place and left the boat there so that this coming Sunday we can just head straight up again! Gotta get my butt in gear this week cuz I will be there ALL of next week.

Jlea
- Once again, thanks for starting the thread and YAHOOIE! on the upcoming apartment move in.

Eny- BRAVO... YOU ARE WORTH IT!. We all have roadblocks... anticipate them and pick another path! Here's to a new start girlie!

Good girls on the pigpen building, weight maintaining, and new new scale purchases! For those of you that posted, the thread was SUPER QUIET this weekend. What's up? We all need a shot of adrenaline!

Song for the day... "Burning for you" by BOC - more cowbell! Figured my flesh is on fire and I need to get my muscles burning so... how appropriate.

Weed for the day -
W - Gonna go 80 oz... need to rehydrate badly!
E - Walk at park on lunch break, Mmunches, Arm workout
E - 1550 or less
D - I no longer need to punish, deceive or compromise myself. Unless, of course, I want to stay employed.

Have a great day ladies! TTYL

Last edited by Nixmom; 05-05-2008 at 08:05 AM.
Nixmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 10:23 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 175/150

Height: 5"2

JL- Congrats on the apartment.

Eny- Hang in there. The main thing is we've all been there and we all support each other!

Nix- Glad to see you had a nice weekend.

TOM is MIA. Starting to panic a bit despite having a TL after 2nd child.
Grazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 10:54 AM   #5  
Calorie Counter

Height: 5'4"

GOOD MORNING EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!! Its MONDAY WAKE UP and SMELL THE W.E.E.D. Okay wake up and remember your WEED!!!!! I got up early and went to the gym. My intentions were to run 5k again but didn't have it in me this morning. I couldn't get my mind set in the right zone. I blame the lack of coffee for not getting on the treadmill first. I did 35 minutes on the elliptical and 25 on the tread. I decided to try interval training on the treadmill 3 minutes at 3.2 mph and 3 minutes at 4.2 mph. I did that for about 20 minutes then walked at 3.5 for 5 minutes. I intend to do pilates and weights later this morning.

Shari thanks for starting this weeks thread, How's it going?

Enygirl Good for you coming back here. I think coming here even when I am having setbacks helps me keep mindful of everything I put in my mouth.

Nixmom SUNBURN!!! yeah, me too. not as bad as yours it sounds like, but I am still pink. One of the first nice days of the year here and I forgot to lather us up with sunscreen.

Grazer, A couple of times I have had those scary late moments (I had TL after Tommy)

Well I need to get to my WEED or the D which is suprise suprise housework. So here it is:
W 120 oz
E 60 minutes cardio done! 20 minutes weights, 20 minutes pilates
E 1200 cals
D HOUSEWORK woo-hoo
jcatron243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 01:05 PM   #6  
Cowboy Fan 4 Life!

S/C/G: 248/236.6/140

Height: 5'0"

Ladies I am here. I'm convinced the stress keeps the fat on my butt and everywhere else. I had no time for anything other than school this weekend. I'm super tired. Not sure how i did eating wise....that's how busy i was. I'll try to do better and stay on plan today though. But yes, I am here.
Holyteror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 03:12 PM   #7  
One Day At A Time

S/C/G: 318/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

We DO need a shot of adrenaline! I'm here, back, recommitted for the zillionith time....here we go. What a weekend. I think I was intoxicated for at least 50 % of it....Friday night we rented Saw 2 and 3 (we got hooked after the first one last weekend...what a creepy, gory, thrilling movie...anyone else see them?) and it was one of those nail-biting experiences that I just kept drinking my BL....faster and faster....funny how much you can drink when you're distracted and in suspense. Saturday had a small party, two other couples came over and we drank and played games. Sunday was invited to poker game....guess where? a bar of course. But hey, I came in second place in both tournaments. They had this really neat Bud Light cooler, temp set at 20 degrees and the beer came in this tall metallic type bottle. The coldest and best beer I've ever had. Must buy one of those sub-arctic fridges!

SO enough drinking, ENOUGH fast food, ENOUGH period. This mini break from work was supposed to help get me back on track, not set me back even further. So I've been laying around all day, half hungover, mostly sleep deprived, now I'm up eating a healthy breakfast and have the chicken marinating for the grill and will cut up the veggies in a minute. Will get to the gym. For sure. Or at the very least a walk in the neighborhood.

Weight was back up to 251, and I gotta say, I thought it could have been worse.

Personals when I get back from picking up Robert, I've missed ya'll, and yes, it has been slow lately, the ends of the challenges tapers off a bit. But I promise to do my part to get us ROLLIN again. Love to all xoxooxo Michelle
NurseMichelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 04:07 PM   #8  
aud
lc lifestyle

S/C/G: 254/234/139

Hi Everyone - Long Time No WEED!

Just caught up with all the Posts . . . I see that last we visited I was singing Pour Some Sugar On Me . . . how psychic of me here in retrospect!

STILL laid off . . . body clock STILL not sure what schedule it should be on . . . STILL full of excuses . . . Stress-Eating thru this Election - Polls open @ 4:30 am tomorrow and run for 24 hours . . . oddest election EVER - made somesigns over the weekend to Post at the Union Hall . . . getting ready to make a zillion calls to remind folks to vote - I've got two fellas running against me - we shall soon see how it goes - keep me in your VIBES WEED'ers!
aud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 05:43 PM   #9  

JCat- Great job on running 5K. I ran a little yesterday and realized I need new shoes. I tried to put the C25K program on my MP3 player but it wouldn't work.

HolyT- Like I've posted several times before: Give me an emotion and I'll eat to it!

Nurse- I liked the SAW movies too. Any excuse to drink is okay in my books!

Aud- I've missed you. Good luck on the election.

I ate well today- mindful and not too much sugar. I'm avoiding doing my Pilates or Yoga as I planned. Like I keep posting- I struggle with that type of strenght training even though I know it's good for toning.

WEED for tomorrow:

W- keep it up
E- OP
E- cardio
D- "Ain't nothin' gonna break my stride, Ain't nothin' gonna slow me down.." What a great cardio song!
Old 05-05-2008, 07:48 PM   #10  
mtiger

S/C/G: 251.5/177/145

Wink

Hey, Hey!! So many of you have been here and posted already. I think there have been more posts today than all weekend long. So I have been working my tail off and now I have sore knees. So I am going to just walk (although fast) tonight. Couldn't work out with my friend after school so I am on my own. I got the new, new scale and I think I like it. I am ready to rock. I am coming to grips with the fact that my body is just going to lose slowly.
But, it's okay. I am learning to accept.

Shari- Thanks, of course

Eny- You've got the right frame of mind. Get on the bandwagon with the rest of us. We are going to make some progress.

Nix- Ouch!! I hate sunburns. Glad to see you back for the week. Get busy girl!!

Jcat- That's the nice thing about a treadmill, you can tell how fast, inclines etc. I figure if I walk, then jog that is some interval training also. Keep up the great work.

holyt- I hated those weekends that were all about school and no time for me. Just remember, this too shall pass.

NurseM- this is why I am glad I don't drink. If I did I would easily drink way too many calories. Well, it's over, so time to get back with the program. Let's go.

Aud- Good luck. It will all be over soon.

Grazer- C'mon, you know what you need to do.

W- 3 bottles, and I haven't even had one yet.
E- WATP 45 min./3 miles
E- 1400-1500
D- Trust that life will bring you joy.

See ya tom.
mtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 08:33 PM   #11  
The Sky is the Limit!

S/C/G: 227/ticker/145

Default Cinco de Macko...

So I fumbled around this morning looking for something semi on plan to throw in the lunch sack. Got to work and LOW AND BEHOLD its flippin cinco de Mayo potluck day. Forgot all about it. Ate like a horse. Moped around like Eeyore ( "I just wanna go home" ) because I couldn't flippin breath I was soooo stuffed. Got 1/2 my water down so far and gonna push for the rest before bed. My scale when I got home this evening... up 5 lbs. TOM is in route, I'm over carb exhausted and I HAVE TO PULL IT TOGETHER!

Did get some yoga in this AM. Gonna do a hardcore speed clean on the house (which means a good hour) and try to regroup for tomorrow. BF is in the barn shifting crap around. DS is at the gym. The house is virtually all mine. Would love to cuddle up with a book, but know that I need to keep moving!

Love, love, love that you ladies are here. Makes me grin everytime I get to see a new post! Want to do personals, need to scrub the shower though. So maybe I'll be back later to post some more. Want to get creative with my WEEDs from this point through the end of the challenge. NEED TO PICK IT UP!

be back later
Nixmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 10:13 PM   #12  
Calorie Counter

AHh no jury duty after all so I do work tomorrow. I'm getting ready to go to bed. I am going to try and get in a workout tomorrow after swim lessons. The Y closes at 8 I think so I have some time to workout. I just want to get in 30 minutes (chances are I wont though).
I babysat my nephew today so I wasnt able to do my strength training. Then from lunch on I seemed to just eat. Oh well tomorrow will be great. then I will get in good workouts on wed and thurs mornings.
I plan on running each day. I have to get some coffee in me before I go so I will have to get up by 5. Good night everyone!
Old 05-06-2008, 01:22 AM   #13  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

S/C/G: 291.8/286.8/199

Height: 5'4 1/2

yall!

Glad to see everyone, it's time for me to get to bed but just wanted to send out a .

Eny!

Tomorrow is WI!
JasonsLea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 05:22 AM   #14  

Finally did the Yoga video. I can concentrate for about 6 poses then I start feeling bored. Managed to get it done.

Can't forget my song for the day "Ain't nothin' gonna break my stride, ain't nothin' gonna slow me down, ohhh, I got to keep on movin...."
Old 05-06-2008, 06:02 AM   #15  
Calorie Counter

quick workday weed:

W64 oz
E maybe hit the treadmill for a 30 minute jog after swim lessons but probably just extra laps
E1200 cals
D get through today, two more days off after this.