S/C/G: 254/234/139

Height: 5'6"

Quick HI ALL!

Be Back Later . . .
aud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 07:12 PM   #32  
Calorie Counter

Height: 5'4"

Well I think I am calling in sick for one more day. The kids will go to school and I will have the day to myself. Not that I can do anything outside of the house, but I may go to the Y from 6-8 and get in a really good workout and swim. I need to be out of the house so Tommy has a good day at daycare.

I also may just go into work. I'm not the kind of person to call in sick just because I can, but I am thinking a day to myself sounds so good. I feel better, with only a few coughs. The way our sick leave works is the first day we don't get paid the second we do, so I will still get paid regardless. SIGH WHY do I have to have work ethics????? I'll probably end up going in tommorrow but I have to call in the next 45 minutes to say whether I will be in or not. I'll let you know.
jcatron243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 10:56 PM   #33  
Cowboy Fan 4 Life!

S/C/G: 248/236.6/140

Height: 5'0"

lol cuz you're like me that's why. lol
Holyteror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 12:54 AM   #34  
The Sky is the Limit!

S/C/G: 227/ticker/145

Default Urgggghhhh!

I'm flippin exhausted. Want to do personals but can't focus out of left eye right now. Stayed OP with food, no exercise today, waters down.... so for Tomorrow

W-64oz plus
E- 2.5 miles and/or 40 minutes
E- Same ole... at or under 1500
D- do dit dome dleep.
Nixmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 01:04 AM   #35  
Cowboy Fan 4 Life!

Nix i just noticed that we share a similar goal. I gotta work harder though, i'm behind LOL

Took Captain to the vet...even my dog's overweight *sighs* The vet says I gotta cut out his treats and nibblies i put in his kibble. Otherwise i'll have to go with their $45 a bag science diet. I don't want that kind....i buy pedigree so i can help rescue puppies (love the Echo commercial) but i did find out they have a weight managment version of the food. I'll go get some for him tomorrow. We don't go to the park like we should so we went this afternoon. He's worn out, and frankly, so am I. We walked to the park, about 4 blocks...and halfway through the park. We came back home...both of us are tired. Hopin to be in bed in a half hour so I can be ready for the world tomorrow. Gonna try and hit the c25k in the morning.

I have done ok for the most part today except for maybe being over 100 cals and not much water at all. I drank 32 oz of tea sweetened with equal...had a 24 oz bottle of water.....been on plan eating for the most part. I ate the last of my chicken strips tonight. I gotta figure out what to make for tomorrow. Maybe turkey burgers. I think that would be good. Leftover turkey could be made into turkey meatballs

I hope you're all doing well ladies. i need to go back and update on all the personals so i can reply LOL
Old 04-02-2008, 05:10 AM   #36  
One Day At A Time

S/C/G: 318/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

What is this hour? Whenever I start exercising, or because I am used to doing the witching hour shifts, I get the craziest insomnia! (you old Weeders are used to my 2am-6am posts) I feel so motivated though! I just WANT to peek at that scale! But my mind tells me, it's only been technically 3 days, if I don't see a loss or only a tiny loss, will I feel discouraged? So I'm just going to drift around in oblivion....and think of that day, Memorial day, when I weigh and see that 235...or better. Stay away from that scale!

My tv is doing some weird download/update thing, I guess it would normally be a good time in the middle of the night but HEY! I'm watching here! LOL

I went to the gym last night, did the LBWO but only managed 30 min cardio. This new gym is CROWDED around the cardio equipment, hey...they only have 4 treadmills and 5 ellipticals, 2 bikes downstairs and about the same upstairs with the free weights. You have to sign yourself up on the schedule and there is a 30 minute limit. I was used to my ladies gym where there were at least 20 treads, 25 ellipticals, and I miss my beloved ARC trainer. The new place has been promising more equipment but are looking for ways to pay for that. I'm ok with it.

Maybe I'll try to get my workout in this morning so I don't eat up my evening with it. Then DH can go himself and I can actually cook a meal. LOL He won't eat before he goes to workout b/c he's afraid he'll have to go to the bathroom. So he'll have a quick energy snack or whatever, but it usually involves us eating dinner around 7:30 or later. That can't be good.

No time for personals per se, but Mtiger!!!! I'm worried about ya! Give us some specifics about your day/routine and see if we can tweak it a bit. Maybe you're too high in sodium/fat/sugar/carbs? Maybe not enough water? I don't think the flavor in the water makes too much difference, I do allright with my crystal light packets, though I will say, I mix mine with ONE LITER bottles and they STILL seem too strong sometimes. I don't like my water to taste like KoolAid. Do you still drink diet soda? Do you get enough protein? Don't get discouraged! That's what we're here for. Oh yeah, I could have looked, do you have a blog or a fitDay?

Eny, glad to hear you're feeling okay about your talk with Joe....forgive me for not remembering, but I'm assuming he is your significant other (boyfriend? husband? fiancee?) and not a son, right? I always felt kind of blindsided by those kinds of conversations. Well never mind the fact that last time I had that happen to me, I found out my DH was considering (but did not go through with) having an affair. So I'm thinking of ya and hoping it wasn't anything of that degree. If you want to talk about it, go ahead. If not, some things are better left private. No biggie.

Amy, maybe this thing with your dog will help you with your own plateau...think of how that walk kicked your butts, and by the end of the summer, you could be JOGGING alongside him...This could be the start of a rally, for both of you!

Hope all the sick ones are feeling better...sounds like the babies are on the upswings and Jeni is almost back to work. Don't worry, take the extra day, you'll be glad you did, especially on your odd 12 hour 11 day schedule.

Love the MEEELLLLTINNNNG siggy!! How cute! Never seen that one before!

Audie!!! I miss your posts making me giggle!!! Tell me you're not still at the bar waiting for me to arrive!?

Try to get some more sleep in. Today (wednesday) is my day off!!! Not sleeping all day, and not going in that night! xxoxoxoox Michelle

WEED in the morning....

Last edited by NurseMichelle; 04-02-2008 at 05:13 AM.
NurseMichelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 06:55 AM   #37  

S/C/G: 180/120

Height: 5'2''

Morning all!
W 4
E did 25 upper and 25 lower crunches this am, maybe elliptical tonight, ran last night, week 7 of C25k, it's 25 minutes straight of running, had to take a 2 minute walk break after 15 minutes, but that's OK.
E OP, having lunch w 2 GF today, need to pay attention to my choices
D Keep the faith!
mothermavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 08:09 AM   #38  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/130

Height: 5'1

Michelle - Joe is my BF - and no it wasn't one of "those" conversations - I've been down that road and it SUCKED! It was actually one of those conversations that he let me know how much me working so many hours was effecting him. I've been working 40 a week at the office, bringing my laptop home and working for another 20 ish hours a week from home. It was hurting him - because I would wait until DD went to bed and was using that time to work instead of having time w/ him. So in his "10 words or less" personality he let me know.. and it then made sense why he's been so aloof and withdrawn.
Enygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 09:19 AM   #39  

S/C/G: 196/160/125

Height: 5'5"

Morning weeders!!!! Hope everyones day is starting off good. Mine is starting off with being very sore and a headache. But it's okay. I am sooo sore from gym class on Monday...and i only worked out 30 minutes!!! Yesterday i didn't get much excersize in but i did walk for about 15 minutes on my lunch break. I decided to hoof it down to the gas station down the road for a banana.

Today's weed:
w-64 ounces
E- 1200 calories
E- going for a 2 1/2 mile Walk/Jog tonight while my brother looks at my brakes on my car.
D- one day at a time...just keep moving forward.
lumifan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 10:30 AM   #40  
mtiger

S/C/G: 251.5/177/145

Wink Thanks

Nurse Michelle- Thanks for thinking about me. As you can tell I am getting very frustrated. Here is a little more info. I have been using calorie-count.com to get my calories burned for the day. It says I burn 2030 before exercise. When I add in E, it goes up depending on the E. Maybe 2300 to 2400 depending. So at first I subtracted 1,000 calories to figure out what I should eat. If it says 2350 I eat 1350. That should be a 2 pound/week loss. That didn't seem to work so I started subtracting 800 from my burn number instead. Therefore I was eating about 200 calories more a day. I have been trying that for about 5 or 6 days now.

Are you all confused yet or hanging in there with me? I work out everyday doing either "Biggest Loser" cardio DVD, WATP 3 mile walk, Jillian's 20 Shred DVD and some days I just walk with my friend. I have cereal or oatmeal or english muffins for breakfast. Usually a frozen meal for lunch, with some fruit, maybe string cheese. Dinner varies. Last night it was shrimp, cottage cheese and pasta with broccoli. I had been drinking Aquafina flavored water, about 60 ounces. A 100 calorie item here and there.

I would love advice. Thanks.

Holy- dogs are great workout inspiration. I am waiting for nicer weather so me and mine can get out more.

Nixmom- had a huge fight with my 19 year last night. He got fired for being late too many times. Where did I (the most responsible person you will ever meet) get a son like this. It was ugly. We should talk.

Mother- wow to run 25 min. straight would be amazing. I'm lucky if I can do 2 min. Keep it going.

Here goes:
W- drinking 3 bottle of plain water
E- How about 20 min. Shred DVD and walking. It was a good workout last night.
E- 1400-1500 calories
D- Got to figure out what works. Keep trying.
mtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 12:09 PM   #41  
Calorie Counter

Hi ladies. Yes I stayed home today. Its funny last night about 6 oclock I started coughing and sneezing and finally ended the night coughing so hard I threw up (eww I know) So I called in and just said I wouldn't be in.
Tommy has really bad days if I am home and his daddy takes him to daycare so DH wanted me to leave the house this morning so I went to the Y from 6:30 til 8:00. WOW! I did 35 minutes on the tread and 25 on the elliptical then I swam. I forgot what a good workout swimming is. I swim with the kids, but thats more crawling in the shallow end with the kids on me. I actually just swam laps and boy did that kick my BUTT! So now I have a goal of swimming at least for 30 minutes. Today I could only do 5. can you believe it only for 5 minutes. So my new workout goals is not only going to include running but swimming stamina. I am glad I had to spend time at the Y this morning. I have a renewed sense of, well what do you call it? New goals are so exciting! especially goals that are NOT scale related.

Mtiger, those calorie burnig calculators are are averages so maybe its just not right for you. Figuring out what is right for you! I like your attitude. You are eating say 1500 calories per day? that is great. Let me ask you this how many times per day are you eating? looks like just 3. What type of calories are you eating? do you use fitday or a food diary to help keep track of any hidden calories? Fitday will give you percentages of where your calories are coming from and knowing that you may see that your carbs are to high or too low. Or maybe you should add in some protein. Are you switching up your workouts? doing one thing on monday and something else on tues? and so on? Do you use weights? using small weights to help tone your muscles (I'm not talking about bulking up or anything) will help your body burn calories more efficiently and help speed up your metabloism. One thing I have found Diet soda really effects my weight loss. I just dont drink soda anymore.

Okay HIT OF THE DAY!

W 80 oz
E 65 minutes done still plan to do weights and pilates (since I am home alone)
E 1200cals
D house work. Since I am home alone I have a lot of plans (or I may go visit my mom and sisters)
jcatron243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 01:11 PM   #42  
Cowboy Fan 4 Life!

i had a good breakfast and made a salad for lunch. Didn't get my c25k...but I will try tonight after shopping and walking captain.

I found some weightloss podcasts....using imagery right now. I'll download some more and hopefully get some good tips from it.
Old 04-02-2008, 01:17 PM   #43  
aud
lc lifestyle

S/C/G: 254/234/139

Awwww, hiya fellow nite/crazy shift hours NursieChelle! Isn't this round of WEED "shaping up" to be the PERFECT MIX of old & new WEED'ies??

and, ummm, yes I HAVE been waiting for you to show up at my Bro's Bar!!!

I'm on a Lay Off and now have NO IDEA what shift my bod is on . . . think I'm like ALL shifts now . . .

Tonight when the inevitable wide-awakes hit - I am DETERMINED to read last weeks Chat so I can get to know everyone better & connect.

For now . . . just gotta say . . . you all are Motivating me & Inspiring me . . . especially to GET MOVING! Tx!

HolyT: Had a sick ole doggie a few years back - my trusted vet told me Pedigree was just the best - so I've gone with it ever since.

SO GLAD you worked out & then stayed home jcat! I had a relapse of that awful recurring flu bug - it didn't go away until I did EXACTLY what you did this morning - even tho' at the time I felt like I was gonna DIE on the elliptical . . .

I'm WEED'ing Great today - be back later with a hit!
aud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 04:02 PM   #44  
Cowboy Fan 4 Life!

I figure it couldn't hurt to change his food and see what happens, right?

Nchelle you know, I think you and i were chatting when DH was in afghanistan...as I was with jcat i remember that. But yes, we did walk quite a bit in the beginning, and at that point I was close to making my first challenge......it won't hurt me, i just have to schedule it in....maybe do groceries on the weekend mornings. That way I don't have to worry about getting groceries right after work and not having time for walking the dog. Also, i *really* need to get my lunch made at night and plan for dinner early....i need to be in bed around 10 at the latest so I can get up at 5 and get my early morning workout in. I know i get moving after that.....

Thanks ladies for thinking of me
Old 04-02-2008, 10:51 PM   #45  
The Sky is the Limit!

S/C/G: 227/ticker/145

Talking 30 Minutes for myself!

Woohoo.. I got time for some personals. And before I begin, let me say today was a bust. Drank 16oz of water (don't strain yourself Kris) and ate strawberry pie, chocolate pie, BLT w/avocado, French fries, fried zucchini. Ditched the gym to consume the last 3 with BF after we had date night at the fishing store. I suck. Only WEED accomplished was getting a good nights sleep last night. Tomorrow's WEED-
W-64oz (don't even think about less)
E- Gym or bust. No excuses. This is priority ADD MMUNCHES
E- Eat what I prep tonight - requires prepping tonight
D- Come on Saturday!

Okay enough of that... here we go....

Mtiger - arguing with the mancub. My son lost his job before he ever started. He recently had a decent job at a major retailer and got caught stealing. Not a pack of gum. Cash. Embezzlement. Felony knocked down to misdemeanor (thank God) but he has effectively eliminated about 90% of his chances of finding any meaningful work. This is not the kid I raised. This is not in the pool of values I have exemplified for him to choose from. We should definitely talk. The entitlement theory, instant gratification, lack of respect and wavering drive to "do something, anything!" is making me crazy. He's played baseball since he was 4. Year round the last 6 years and I was there for everygame. He 6'4", 240lbs, south paw throwing 90+. He was on his way... Somewhere between graduation and 3 weeks into college he quit school and baseball. Of course I didn't get the memo until the end of the semester. I'm baffled, frustrated and almost numb to crap. Getting the call that he was in the clinker for theft was the end of apathetic mommy time for me. It's hard to try to have a backbone and not feel guilty for being a hard ***. It's just as hard at 18 as it was when he was 5, 8 or 10. Wish I would have stuck to my guns at those younger ages. I could unload here for days (sorry ladies) so PM me and maybe we can carry each other through this

MommyMission- love the signature... where did you find it? I promise I wont copy... just wanna look around By the way, BF STILL jealous of the KVD thing. I can't compete. should never have shared with him

Holy- So we do have a similar goal. Let's kick into gear together! And on dog food thing... Let me tell you... my rotty is 13, starting having weird skin conditions (I changed her food to save some $) So I took her to the vet, ran blood tests, antibiotics, blah blah blah. Went to organic/no additive food and tripled my pet food bill. She ate better than me, skin got WORSE!! Gave up, WENT BACK TO PEDIGREE (the dry and canned food that had I tried to save cost in the first place) she's totally healing and I'm embarrassed. Spent my "saved" amount X's 50 plus meds and landed where I should have stayed. Don't be fooled by expensive claims.

Aud- nice to meet you! Where's your brothers bar, do they have Jack Daniels... maybe I should go there... immediately!

Jcat - good for you for staying home. Mental health day and exercise. You're a rock star!

MotherMavis - your weed has inspired me to commit to 25 crunches a day. I hate them. They hate me. And my abs are not on my team right now. Gonna add this to my weed and call them MMunches (Mother Mavis crunches) for the whole month of April!

Eny - (and Nchelle) I, too, am fortunate enough to have a guy who will make the effort to talk, and listen. There aren't very many who are willing to swallow pride and get real, or allow us to be human. Be thankful for them everyday.

NMichelle - Kudos for resisting the scale peek. I am absolutely obsessed with it and although I think it serves a purpose for me right now trying to keep my initial motivation... I worry about it becoming my life. I have decided that once I hit 180, I have to move to once a week. It consumes me sometimes. Okay, most the time.

Lumi- bravo on the banana walk. I don't know that there is any
healthy piece of food that could get me to walk anywhere at the moment. However, there is rumor of a Kohl's store to be built on the property next to my work. If I'd walk somewhere for a banana maybe I could walk there and buy smaller jeans

Whew... I think I got caught up. There were 50 other things I have thought and wanted to share with you ladies over the last few days, but I'm gonna call it good. Have a great night and kick it in the arse tomorrow! I know I'm going to have to!

Niters!
Nixmom is offline   Reply With Quote