Old 02-05-2008, 01:23 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 275/259/130

Height: 5'3"

Hee hee, you girls are so cute with your competitiveness!

I did another 35 minutes today on the eliptical, and I discovered that the day-after-weights soreness eases if I do cardio the day after- at least it worked today! I have officially done more cardio in the month of Febuary than I did December and January together! (ouch...)

ggmugsy- how did your friend like her quilt?

enygirl- HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Make it last as long as possible!

Oh, and my mom got the official clearance from her physical therapist to go back to work in March! This whole ordeal has been so stressful, but we have all come out willing to be more healthy and a lot stronger because of it- she's lost 22 lbs and I have think of her every step I take on the treadmill.

February is definitely looking up!
TimeToTryAgain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 04:48 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 236/221/136

Height: 5'7

I'm not doing a specific plan just low cal low carb. I sort of count calories a bit too. I mean I look at calories and carbs of everything I put in my mouth. I try to log in to fitday but I am not religious about it. My main goal for this month is to walk 3 hours a week. I have done at least 30 min a day so far!
2beautiful2Bfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 06:09 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 212/190'ish/125

Height: 5' 2"

Jordan, my niece, was very happy with her quilt. Unfortunately, I didn't get a picture of it before I gave it to her. It was floral fabric alternating with yellow squares. Reminded me of sunshine and flowers.

TTTA: Awesome job on the exercise! I've found the same thing about soreness. If I'm sore the day after a hard workout and I do some kind of exercise it helps. If I don't, I'm even MORE sore the 2nd day. Are you enjoying your elliptical? Do you go backwards, too?? I'm a klutz and never got the backwards thing down.

Enygirl: I think a week long celebration for your birthday is a fabulous idea! Happy Birthday!!

My son just got his car stuck in a snow berm coming home from school. I walked down with a shovel and a nice man stopped to help me push him out. Then, he was going a little too fast into our driveway and slid into the berm in our driveway nearly hitting the mailbox and I had to push him out again!! We may have a snow day tomorrow if this keeps up!!

2B2BF: Can you walk outside?? I miss being able to exercise outside this time of year.
ggmugsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 06:17 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 236/221/136

Height: 5'7

GG- I live in Toronto so I mean technically I can't walk outside because it is quite cold but I have a great stroller and I bundle the kids up and off I go. If it is really freezing then I go to a mall and do my walk there.
2beautiful2Bfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 07:04 PM   #20  
Project Me!

S/C/G: 221.2/165.6/125

Height: 5'2"

enygirl - Happy Birthday!!

I know I can't walk outside in this weather!
starbucksfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 07:48 PM   #21  
My Evolution

S/C/G: Size 26/Size 18/Size 8

Height: 4'11"

Welcome 2B2Bfat and Starbucksfreak!

I'm so happy to have new people join us. We have a great group here.

TTTA--Great job on the exercise. I always struggle with it. I just ordered 5 Jillian dvds so hopefully I will get in the mood to do one of those at some point.

ggmugsy--Maybe someone asked this before..how long does it take you to complete one quilt?

Enygirl--I hope you give yourself a gift on "your" day

Last edited by Shay; 02-05-2008 at 07:49 PM.
Shay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 12:22 AM   #22  

gg- I love the elliptical! It's like my magic calorie burner. I've had a really frustrating work week so far, and I forgot how therapeutic working out can be! I have to concentrate on not falling off and dying, and my competitive side locks into the speed the cute skinny girl running on the treadmill behind me and I push my speed to keep up. By the time I'm done I forget to be grumpy!
Old 02-06-2008, 08:03 AM   #23  
Project Me!

Well, I weighed in again and am down .6 lbs... better than nothing I guess but each week my weight loss seems to be going down.. I'll be getting a ticker as soon as I'm allowed too. New members have to weight 30 days or something.
Old 02-06-2008, 08:31 AM   #24  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/130

Height: 5'1

SBF - A loss is a loss -

gg - i weighed this morning (mid-week weigh in) and I'm down to #182.2... those #170's are right around the corner! I'm doing pretty good eating wise - still ahve a problem w/ later night cravings... I'm working on it. Sunday I was 319 cals over, Mon- 125 cals, and yesterday 77. I have to make up for it a little if I want to shead these pounds, so i'm dropping the daily cals the rest of the week from 1350/day to 1100/day...KEEP ME ACCOUNTABLE GG!!!

As for the week long celebration (which actually lasts 8 days)
Sunday - DBF took me to the movies
Monday - got my hair cut & eyebrows down
Tuesday - DBF bought a BRAND NEW 42" Flat Screen TV (Sunday's going to be movie day for my official birthday - and now I have my own theatre! )

I'm not sure what the rest of the week will be like - I know that my sister and I are continuing our tradition on Saturday of going to Wine Women & Chocolate... which is a charity event here, and it also includes a 5K walk... it's AWESOME. It'll be hard to keep the chocolate intake under control w/ so much of it there - but I'll just focus on the mini-massages & manicures they provide after the walk

I'll keep you posted on what DBF comes up with for the rest of the week

here's to get through "Hump Day"
Enygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 12:13 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 212/190'ish/125

Height: 5' 2"

Shay, I can normally make a simple, fairly large quilt in 4 days. A lot of it is having the right tool for the job.

Enygirl - you better behave yourself!! I've been working out a lot. 75 minutes on Monday and 51 yesterday. I was still 183.6. Must work out harder!!!! lol.

TTTA - I'm with you about forgetting about being grumpy after a good workout.

Did anybody catch Oprah yesterday? It was Dr. Oz and healthy eating & habits and their affect on aging. It was very interesting. I'm going to buy some vitamin D / magnesium supplements.

I've got to go check out TBL Couples chat thread. Wanted to catch up with all of you FIRST!!

Have a healthy, happy day everybody!!
ggmugsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 01:12 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/130

Height: 5'1

gg - you're kicking butt on the workout! I obviously need to step up my game. My hour a day isn't going to cut it!

On a more relaxing note - because not everything is about losing weight - what quilts are you working on right now? I'm doing a baby blanket for my sister's friend - she's due in May - so I still have time. The top is almost done, and it's going to be a tie quilt. I'm also crocheting a hoodied blanket for my sister's other friend that is due next month... and I'm crocheting a short sleeved sweater for my daughter for her Easter basket...

All that on top of working 60 hours a week right now.. it's fun!!! I had a GREAT lunch at Ruby Tuesdays - and it was a total of 330 cals... perfectly in range

Ok - back to work for me... I'll chat later!
Enygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 06:24 PM   #27  
My Evolution

S/C/G: Size 26/Size 18/Size 8

Height: 4'11"

We have some crafty women on here! I know how to crochet but nothing fancy. My friend Mary said she could teach me how to do a little more with my crocheting. I'm a scrapbooker. Matter of fact my friend Mary is my Creative Memories consultant.

ggmugsy--Quilting sounds intriquing to me. I may look into a class.

Starbucksfreak--Congrats on the loss!

Enygirl--Sounds like it is shaping up to be a great b-day week. My mom has bought herself a new flat screen tv so I am inheriting a 32 inch tv. Thank goodness because one of my tv's is on its last leg. My mom always buys herself a big gift each year on her b-day. She has gotten me into that tradition too. One year I bought my treadmill. Last year I bought my laptop. This year I am still debating.

Still not exercising. I got a package notice but didn't go to the condo office yet. I'm wondering if the Jillian dvds are here.

Last edited by Shay; 02-06-2008 at 06:26 PM.
Shay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 07:22 PM   #28  
Project Me!

I'm not crafty at all.. all I know is the art of coffee making School and work takes up so much time..

ggmugsy - quilting..wow sounds interesting

Enygirl - sounds like your having an awsome birthday!

likenoother - I hope the package is the dvd's! They can be good motivation
Old 02-06-2008, 07:47 PM   #29  
this is my time

S/C/G: 200/174/135

Height: 5'6"

well another month done and still not any lower in the weight. On the one hand however i started to watch how much i have been eating. middle of last month i sorta got out of that habit and the exercising. well time to finish getting into the habits the exercising part of it. Man i cannot wait for the weather to get nice again so i can walk outside.
mrsaugie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 09:48 PM   #30  

I admire you girls that can quilt and scrapbook and cook! I'm a musician, that's about as far as I go with creativity.

So, something cosmically HUGE must have happened this week, because things are just easy right now. My kids, who normally are AWFUL on Wednesdays, were great all day. Even the class of drummers that are just obnoxious. And then i went to the gym- again. I now have done more exercise this month than I did in November, December, and January combined. The counselor left me a nice little note on my fitlinx today. I think I am going to buy a lottery ticket...

mrsauggie, don't get too down on yourself- you'll get it back!