Old 02-11-2008, 08:28 AM   #166  
It's me!

S/C/G: 197/166/140

Height: 5'4

Hi guys, sorry about not posting last week, I've been sick as a dog, and still sick this week. I'm not going to my WI tonight, just wanna go home and rest after work. I'm went up one last week... Blah I'll either see you mid-week or next Monday. Hope you all become a bunch of losers this week!
Zuleka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 10:34 AM   #167  

S/C/G: 177/134/132

Height: 5'5

Hi guys,
Just checking in to say I did great over the weekend with my eating and exercise. Yesterday I had 1390 cals and exercised for an hour.
Sno - great photo! Looking good.
Wish, have a great V-Day and Enjoy your nite out with your hubby.
Zuleka, hope you feel better.
Hope everyone else continues to do great.!
Hugs, Dena
Den@ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 12:49 PM   #168  

S/C/G: 266/245/176

Height: 5' 9"

Default Tuesday

Hi all:

my internet connection is better so I am more into posting now. I tried two new exercise dvd--one was "Get Ripped" and the other was "Brand New Butt". They were good--my fave is still the Minna Lessig "Tank Top Arms, Boy Short Butt" one. It has a nice pace and the exercises dont feel that hard but I feel like I am getting a good workout. But I still have my yoga booty ballet dvd's to try. And I still have to assemble my new recumbent bike!

I am an exercise fool these days! I still dont really like it but it makes my body feel good and my muscles get firmer. It is funny that I feel good about how I look at 184--before I was never happy at 150.

I think learning to appreciate my body has broke thru some of my body image issues. Also I really dont like the bony thin look that I used to think was mandatory--I like to look like a woman, you know? And I need some padding--At this weight I have to have a pillow under me when I sit or my sit bones hurt--the same in the bathtub.

Lili: good luck with the lasik! And wow on all the running! That must make you lose weight fast. I have bad knees so I cant really run, but I have been gradually incorporating short intervals of slow jogging into my walks. And on the impending adoption--you must be so excited. Cant wait to see pics!

Kierr: good job on the weight loss so far! Getting to onederland is fantastic! I felt so good when I did that. Tell us what your plan is for loving yourself in this process?

Zuleka: gosh girl--take care of youself--it is not good to be so sick and work too. I hope you can take a few days off and rest! Also make sure to get tons of fluids--that helps with all illnesses!

Dena: great job with the diet and exercise--hope you are giving yourself a lot of credit for the great job you are doing! How about a treat like a massage or facial or pedicure?

Have a great day all!

Sno
Snowbrocade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 03:50 PM   #169  
Goodbye Fat!

Oh my gosh I finally went to the gym! It happened last night at 830pm. I think this is the time I will be able to fit in some exercise and then some on the weekend. It was not a great workout...I considered it my reinitiation to gym. Hoping to go tonight again!
dollypie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 04:56 AM   #170  
running my mass off

S/C/G: 197/187/117

Height: 5'5"

Unhappy

We finally got final word on hubby's hips, not good! He's 36 and is diagnosed with DJD (degeneritve joint disease) and requires bilateral hip replacement...he is not a happy camper! I think he's going to need time to wrap his head around the diagnosis. He still can't believe it, he's only 36!
He has decided to join me in Hyannis and will watch me run/walk (eye surgery) to the finish line.

MD says I can run/walk as long as I don't get sweat in my eyes, hence the walking part...but atleast he gave me the go ahead, YEAH!!!!
liligurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 12:45 PM   #171  

Happy Valentine's Day, Everyone!

Well, I'm happy to say that since I started this challenge, I've lost 6 lbs. : This is really a big deal for me, since I'm a slow loser. It must be all that exercise.

Sno, I'm taking you up on that idea of doing something nice for myself. I went shopping yesterday to buy some new clothes, but didn't find anything I liked. It gives me the excuse to go shopping again. You mentioned that you need a pillow when you sit. So do I! I didn't know what was wrong with me. I thought I had to go to the doctor. Is that what it is...bones? That's funny. But I still want to get back to my original weight... only 4 more lbs. Congrats to you for doing so well with your exercise!!

Dolly, that's great that you are going back to the gym.

Lilly, sorry to hear about your hubby. Wishing you the best to you for your surgery and 10K.

Wish, Happy Valentine's Day.

Keep up the great work, everyone!
Hugs, Dena
Old 02-14-2008, 04:34 PM   #172  
Angela

S/C/G: 191/163/140

Height: 5'6"

So I wrote this really long post and then my computer shorted out!!! Argh!

Sno: I love, love, love your new pic. Looking good girl!!! Your tummy is so flat - it must be all that excercise!!! You are smart to be happy with your weight as is, you look GREAT!!!

Dena: I really miss posting here daily with you. I am trying to hang in there, but need a new plan. Thanks for the V-day wishes - same to you! I think my husband and I are going to join a gym. It's been so cold here and when I get off work it's always dark. I can handle a workout in the cold, but not the cold AND the dark! I think if I add my exercise back in I can get the scale moving again......And for you and your 6 pound loss - BRAVO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lily: I'm very sorry about your husband. I really hope he is okay. Please keep us updated with his prognosis....As for you doing your 5k alone - I for one am proud of you! You have all the reasons to bow out and you are showing perseverance - one of the key traits all of those maintainers have. Great job!!!

Well, I have my dinner out tonight. We are gioing to a fun irish-pub type place that is supposed to have great food. I've been told the Irish stew there is deelish. I'm thinking that with a slice of brown-soda bread and a glass of wine won't be all that bad. The scale is still the same....February seems to be at a standstill thus far. I have got to work a little harder. I will get there, I know it.
wish4fit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 07:10 PM   #173  

Wish,
I'm really glad to hear from you. That's great that you maintained considering you started a new job with all that stress. Have fun tonite! It's Valentine's Nite, so I hope you and your hubby have a grrreat time.
Have yourself a slice of bread and a glass of wine. You deserve it! This thread is about loving ourselves first. (If only I could remember that sometimes.) And that's a good idea about you and your hubby joining a gym. I loved my "women only" gym in CA. I can't find a gym here that I like. That's why I bought my treadmill. Next is the Bowflex!

Take care,
Hugs, Dena
Old 02-17-2008, 02:22 PM   #174  

S/C/G: 266/245/176

Height: 5' 9"

Hi all:

it is so funny. I just measured myself--the last time was 2/1--and I am down an inch in my waist and .5 inch in arms but nothing on my hips thighs or calves! I am glad for the loss of inches but I wanted to lose more on the lower body--I have such a saggitarius body type. And most of the exercise I have done has focused on the hips and legs. And I was thinking last night I should do more on my abs. Who knows what the body is up to?

Well according to the YMCA test which only uses the waist measurment I went from 26 BMI to 22 BMI. According to the covert baily test I am still at 32%--it uses wrist waist hips thighs and calves. I tend to think the 2nd one is more accurate because it takes my fatter areas in the mix. Well I have made progress anyway.

Shopping report:

I bought five pairs of sweat pants at nordstroms. The cheap ones I bought before xmas got trashed really quickly. So I decided to buy some that are actually going to last a while. Plus they were having a really good sale. So now I am banned from any kind of shopping except grocery for 4 weeks. I need to get caught up on my finances! So I got a green pair with little brass rivets, a red and white pair with a baroque pattern down the leg. A
classic pair of black drawstrings, a mauve brown pair that are unbelievably soft and a dark fuschia pair with aqua trim. Yum! and the fabrics are so nice!

Take care all--I am going to have a relaxing sunday.

Dolly: on making it to the gym. I know it is so hard with your busy schedule. Let us know how it goes--I heard somewhere that if your schedule is super busy and you cant work out much that even going once a week will keep a certain level of former fitness.

Lili: too bad about hubby. At least we have the great technology to do a great job on the hips. I have a friend who had it and it really makes a difference. I am cheering for you at your 10k! Tell us how you did!

Lori: sounds like you vday celebration was fun. Dont worry about the scale moving--didnt you get alot in Jan? My weight loss always stops after I have lost a bunch. I think the body has to get used to the new status quo!

Dena: that is such great news that you are only 4 lbs away from your goal! You must be so excited. Isnt it great to go shopping even tho you dont buy anything? I feel so good at being able to fit in smaller sizes. Thanks for the kudos on the pic. I enjoyed taking those.

Sno

Last edited by Snowbrocade; 02-17-2008 at 02:24 PM.
Snowbrocade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 03:14 PM   #175  
Goodbye Fat!

Well I lost a pound this week so that is great news for me! So I have decided to mainly focus on my eating right now. Never made it to the gym again last week, but I am not going to be too hard on myself. I am going to go when I have time and just try and fit in spurts of exercise when I am able too.
Old 02-18-2008, 07:17 PM   #176  

Happy President's Day!

I've been eating right and exercising every day, so I should be reporting another pound down any day now. : Today I did something nice for myself. I was watching TV and saw this ad for skincare products, so I decided to go for it. I figure I'm trying to make my body look as good as it can. Might as well have glowing skin, too.

Sno, congrats on losing a few more inches. I bet you feel great. And that is sooo awesome about your new sweat pants. They sound really cute for sweats. See... those two kinds of BMIs are so confusing, aren't they? One makes me feel super thin and the other one makes me feel like there's more work to be done. Good thing I like working out.

Dolly, congratulations on your weight loss! I know it's not easy... trying to lose weight and taking care of a new, little baby. Keep up the great work!

Here's wishing everyone a great day!
Hugs, Dena
Old 02-19-2008, 09:19 AM   #177  
It's me!

S/C/G: 197/166/140

Height: 5'4

Hello Hello Hello!

I'm finally getting over my cold/flu thingy. Ok, so I almost fell to the floor last night at my WI. I'm up 6 lbs. can't really blame anyone but myself. Like I said before I've been sick for the pass 2 weeks and I let myself go... I get cravings for bread when I'm under the weather. Now I have to start losing the same 6lbs again, oh well... for sure for sure I'm not giving up... I will prevail and conquer.

Dolly ~ Woot congratz on making it to the gym.

Lili ~ Sorry to hear about your Hubby, I will keep him in my prayers. Good luck with the 10K

Dena ~ It feels great when we go shopping after losing weight, keep up the good work.

I hope you all have a great week, I love hanging out with a bunch of LOSERS!
Zuleka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 11:01 AM   #178  
Angela

S/C/G: 191/163/140

Height: 5'6"

Hi there friends

Let's see if I can post at least 3X this week - that is my goal for posting.

Dena: Has that scale moved yet? U must be getting pretty close! I am seriously so impressed with your ability to just get on with it. You are my role model . How is the weather out in Nevada? It's been freezing cold here...The weather report this week actually stated "ice pellets" - something is seriously wrong about that!!!

Sno: Great job on your inches. I am no Sag, but I am all too familiar with the shape - with hard work I might be an hourglass, but at the moment I am a pear Oh well, a "me love me" pear !

Dolly: Great job on your pound loss!! I am having an issue with exercising too. How are we going to get past this and get our butts moving???

Zul: Good to hear from you again. It's no fun to put back on weight that you just worked so hard to get off . You can do it though - Buck up!!!

I walked for 30 mins yesterday - a true feat with the weather and my busy day. It's not the best, but it's better than sitting on my arse all day!! I also bought some hand weights. I really want to work my triceps. My arms are thin enough but I'm worried about getting the 'sag'. It runs in my family and I hear that it's genetic....I'm still here. Not giving up. Need to get that scale moving again!
wish4fit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 03:10 PM   #179  
Goodbye Fat!

Yeah I went to the gym last night and it felt so great! I thought it might be a problem exercising so late, but none last night. I also had a great eating day and today I am on track. I am trying to stick to only water also, I think that is going to be a challenge.

Wish, great job on the walk! I feel ya on those triceps

Zuleka, glad to hear you are feeling, you will get back on track!

Den@, way to go
Old 02-19-2008, 07:21 PM   #180  
Vegan

S/C/G: 255/Ticker/165

Height: 5'8"

I think for the loving myself part I should take a couple Yoga classes and learn to really relax. Things like traffic even get me wound up. It can't be healthy. Also this time I lose weight I'm not going to see it as a diet. It's just too self destructive.

I'm down a little more, even though we ate out for Valentine's day. I'm pretty happy with that.
kierr is offline   Reply With Quote