Old 11-29-2007, 11:52 AM   #31  
Cowboy Fan 4 Life!

S/C/G: 248/236.6/140

Height: 5'0"

I stayed home today.......i felt like crap at work yesterday, and decided that it's not worth it to try and stay there when i have the time off to use. I'm about to make some chicken soup and eat that today.
Holyteror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 02:34 PM   #32  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

S/C/G: 291.8/286.8/199

Height: 5'4 1/2

everyone!

Welcome back Michelle!

Well 8 days till I'm out of here and I've done exactly what I said I won't....waiting till the last minute to pack! *rolls eyes* Gah! I think I'm waiting for my car to be fixed...which should be tomorrow or Sat morning....if the weather allows. *crosses fingers* Then I can REALLY get this packing thing going. I have to put my boxes in storage for a little while and my BFF is taking over my apt so I'm leaving the furniture for now. My last day of work is Thursday. It was supposed to be Sat but my TOD at the Birmingham VA officially ends Sun, Dec. 9, so they told me to take that Sat off so I can get to Texas. BUT I have to do clearance Friday morning (Dec. 7) and there was NO WAY in **** I was going to do 4-5 hours of clearance then come back to work so I took that day off too. So I can do clearance, leave and hit the highway.
JasonsLea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 03:15 PM   #33  
Cowboy Fan 4 Life!

JLea say hi to the home state for me. I miss it
Old 11-29-2007, 03:47 PM   #34  
aud
lc lifestyle

S/C/G: 254/234/139

Height: 5'6"

WTG clykk on identifying the stressor with Mom/telephone convo . . . that's my fave part of 3fc - something about Posting/reading others Posts has helped me so much in identifying what should be obvious but isn't for me & my journey. Hanging there with ya on the stressors thing, Girl! Something I identified last nite was if I'm tired and stressed in the emergency room with a co-worker from 1-5am, that I will eat approx $34.62 cents worth of JUNK from the vending machines.

Glad you stayed home holyT! GWS!

STILL so excited for ya Jlea . . . new vistas & horizons headed your way!

Not sure if I told ya I'm a Union Rep jcat? What you described (2 workers on one shift-only 1 on the other) must be a universal prob?! Have the exact same instance in several areas of my District . . . we can talk all we want about the injustice of such a system but as long as the Co. can get away with they will. Always tell my folks - "We live in the Show Me State here . . . Gotta SHOW 'EM that the work can't be done b4 there will be a change."

Hurrah for Gramps, mmavis! So glad he's home!!!

Weed'ing Up:

W: More

E: Do what you can do!

E: Right Back OP!

D: Don't beat yourself up auddie!
aud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 06:14 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 175/150

Height: 5"2

Jcatron- Great that you have kept 25lbs off for the year! I lost weight in the past and then put it back on plus more.

MotherMavis- Glad to hear Gramps is doing well.

Holyteror- Hope you're feeling better soon

JasonLea- Can't wait to hear about the move and new adventures!

Aud-We must all live in the "Show Me State..."

Aud's 'D' for the day is fitting for me this week. I haven't been tracking well, not getting the water in most days, snacking on crap, 0 exercise, and tonight sampled a large piece of Christmas Cake- yummy. I am absolutely not going to beat myself up over it. I'll try again tomorrow.

Hope everyone has a great Friday!
Grazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 06:30 PM   #36  

S/C/G: HW:200+/LW:120/CW:142

Height: 5'1 and a 1/2" (yes the 1/2" matters!)

Good morning, everyone! I wasn't able to post yesterday because I was busy with all the 17,383 (approximate number) things that I've been putting off forever and then had to get done yesterday. Blah, but I did got some things done at least.

HT - How was your chicken soup and day off? Was it a "mental health" day for you? I hope it worked.

Aud - I, too, have had a vending machine security blanket (that's what I call it). I've definitely searched my desk for one more quarter for a Snickers bar when something stressful's happened. WTG to identifying a trigger!

Mothermavis -Keep us updated on Gramp. I'm glad he's home.

Yesterday was a crazy food day. One of my best friends here, who's been in the States for about 6 weeks, finally got back. We met for lunch and I ate much too much. On the bright side, I woke up extra early yesterday and did a workout, AND ended up eating a salad for dinner. And turned down chocolate - what the heck is happening to me? I've always been able to rationalize "little" pieces, or "small" treats, but I just can't do that anymore. I really want to eat it, but I just know that I can't - so many foods are triggers for me, and right now I just feel like I have to STAY AWAY. You know what I mean?

Sorry, enough blabbing! Today's WEED:
W - 2.5L
E - Cardio DVD
E - portion control at lunch and dinner, which are both out
D - I really want my size 14 jeans to be loose, instead of give me a muffin top!

Have a good day, everyone!
JenMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 06:51 PM   #37  
Cowboy Fan 4 Life!

i actually am running a low grade fever....off and all day long. i needed the rest though....soup is good for sure. I'll have more later. we'll see if the DH wants any...thanx for asking
Old 11-29-2007, 08:27 PM   #38  
Calorie Counter

Height: 5'4"

Aud, yep thats what Ive been told to. See the biggest problem for me is that the guy who follows me is one heck of a nice guy and would NEVER complain about me not getting the work done. and takes up any slack (which there is some,) without complaints. I asked him to complain, I truly have but he won't. Then I feel extra guilty about leaving him work. SIGH it is really damned if I do damned if I don't situation. The best I have done is fill out papers stating I haven't gotten breaks (which I also have gotten talked to about) so I can get paid for that extra time. My supervisors kindof avoid my neck of the woods for the most part I am either to noisy (using 4 loud blenders at once; or the other area I work in gets a LITTLE messy. I hope my extra person will be back at my side (who am I kidding she has been busy doing other stuff for 3 months now; she is the companys worker of the year (and she does deserve it). Oh well, as long as I care about the next shift I guess I am stuck.
jcatron243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 11:41 PM   #39  
Cowboy Fan 4 Life!

Jen i thought about you the other night when I was shopping...I saw craisins
Old 11-30-2007, 12:16 AM   #40  

S/C/G: HW:200+/LW:120/CW:142

Height: 5'1 and a 1/2" (yes the 1/2" matters!)

I just found out that tonight's dinner at my friend's house is tacos. I'm glad I found out early enough to eat a huge salad for lunch, so I won't be starving by the time we eat. This will be a huge challenge for me - I LOVE Mexican food and we don't get it here hardly ever, since a lot of the ingredients are imported and expensive. I really want to be able to post on here tomorrow about how I ate sensibly and did not stuff myself silly (Friday night dinner I don't count calories, but I do try to avoid bingeing!).

Think good thoughts about me not rationalizing massive overeating.
JenMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 07:02 AM   #41  

S/C/G: 180/120

Height: 5'2''

Jenmusic, you can do it, everything in moderation!!

AUD & Clykk, we are all so there on the Mom as a trigger.
mothermavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 07:07 AM   #42  

S/C/G: 180/120

Height: 5'2''

Sorry, clicked off at the wrong time.
Anyway, hope everybody is doing well. Thanks for all the prayers for Gramp, he is actually my kids Gramp and my FIL, we are very close. I've been fortunate in the IL department.
Today's Weed
W 3.5
E did25 upper and 25 lower crunches so far, maybe a few rounds w the elliptical tonight..
E clean eats, doing pretty well right now, one of my co-workers brought in a pumpkin roll yesterday and I skipped it!!
D Work also need to clean for the weekend as tomorrow will be at DS wrestling meet all day, about a 2hr trip each way.
mothermavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 09:05 AM   #43  
Cowboy Fan 4 Life!

Morning girls!

i'll have the chicken soup again for lunch and breakfast today. i don't want to go back to work....it was a nice day to rest.

oh boy here we go with the sneezing again..YAY lol
Old 11-30-2007, 11:00 AM   #44  

S/C/G: 380/286/175

Height: 5' 6"

Hi WEEDers!

Sorry - no personals today, but had to tell you about a NSV. Went to the dr yesterday for the first time since May. When I went then, I'd just started to lose weight, and had only lost about 10 lbs. Needless to say, she was quite pleased with the almost 60 more that I've lost since then.

Here's the NSV part: I've been on 2 different blood pressure meds for about the past 6 years. I often forget to take the 2nd dose of one of them, but my bp's been fine soooooo, she's taken me off the 2nd dose officially! Instead of 2 meds, I'm down to 1 1/2!! It was great to hear her say that it's very likely that I'll be off all of them by the time I'm done with my weight loss (and I plan on keeping the weight off so I'll never go back on them!).

Expecting snow, so I plan on getting a lot of Christmas things done in the next few days.
Happy weekend to everyone!
musictchr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 02:44 PM   #45  
aud
lc lifestyle

S/C/G: 254/234/139

Height: 5'6"

ahhhhhh, snow! Feeling a bit more Christmasy since I pulled up in the Wee Hours to see dh & Tessie had put the star in our window. (That's as far as we've gotten on decorating!)

Had another person taken to the hospital with a "cardiac event" . . . that's 3 this week! Glad to report that I didn't binge out on the vending machines . . . . . but was over-carbbed a bit. Not sure wassuuup with all this heart trouble in my area . . . thinking its the season(??) or something??

I'm exhausted.

Got to watch some of the Cowboy Kick-Brett-Butt Game - was thinking of you holyt . . . hope you got to see sipping some chicken soup! I'm psyched for our #1 ranked Mizzou Tiger Game Saturday Nite - should RAWK!

Hang in there jcat! The problem of the nice & cooperative opposite must also be universal! LOL! My Big Girl (Molly 21 now) has always LOVED craisins - must admit I always forgot to buy them, ya know? Hmmmm *light bulb moment* . . . stocking stuffer courtesy of my Weed-y Bud jcat for Moll!!! What I make won't fit in a stocking - but sure would appreciate if everyone here would buy a few!!!

enuf babble - Weeding up:

W: Got my trusty 44ozer (had to buy another one) almost drank . . . going for 150 again.

E: Continue with at least 30 mins

E: More OP

D: Keep recognizing triggers auddie - when you're tired SLEEP . . . get in touch with THIRST vs TRUE Hunger as well. TGIF!
aud is offline   Reply With Quote