Old 10-14-2007, 09:41 PM   #76  
move it

I'm down a pound for the week, which actually puts me back where I was two weeks ago. The weight isn't coming off rapidly, but it's coming off and I'm glad for that. I've been sore all day because I overdid it at the gym last night, but I don't want to take ibuprophen and risk gaining tomorrow. Kappy, I know you mentioned how NSAIDs keep people from losing and I've always found that's true. Did your treatment go well?

Welcome ImpalaHoarder.

It's been beautiful today. We went out to get pumpkins this afternoon. I always get the biggest pumpkin I can find and put it by the front door, where it stays until Thanksgiving. After that, we get all the kids together and throw it off the roof!
seasoning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 07:49 AM   #77  
focus creates results

S/C/G: 167/125/110

Height: 5'0"

Seasoning!
That throwing a pumpkin off the roof sounds really fun!! We had a great weekend, I over ate but that's ok, it was for a really nice occasion and I had so much fun with my family!

My Mom gave my husband a family triop to Jamaica come April so I have some more incentive to lose that last pesky few pounds...but well, till April to do it...so I can still go slow and steady I suppose.

I have what seems to be the beginning of a cold this morning and hope it doesn't turn into a throat infection or something.

Rest is well..hope all of you had a glorious weekend too!
Lekhika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 01:55 PM   #78  
Dea
TBL Blue team member

woohoo...Jamaica!! That sounds amazing!!

I am down 3lbs this week...which puts me one pound below my pre-vacation weight. No more 'occasions' to over-eat now until Christmas...so I mean to stay on-track to reach that 60lb goal for New Year's!!

I just attempted the Biggest Losers 'bootcamp' portion of the DVD.....I lasted 5 minutes. My goal for the end of this month is to complete that work-out!!
Have a great week ladies!!
Dea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 04:57 PM   #79  
focus creates results

Woah Dea! Three freaking pounds! That's FANTASTIC!! YOu can totally make goal if you keep this up! Go you!

*looks around*

Where is everyone today? I'm having a pity party...the cold's gotten worse and I'm sitting here nursing a hot ginger tea. I've been eating...(get munchies something awful when I have a cold) but have kept it healthy..Navy bean soup and salad...

Weighin for me is Halloween. I worked out yesterday and will workout tonight as well. Hope you're all well.
Old 10-16-2007, 10:44 PM   #80  
move it

Hi Lekhika, hope you get to feeling better. Weren't you supposed to go to India this month? Is that still on, or did you change plans?

Dea, you are awesome! Three pounds is a very impressive loss.

I'm just plugging along. I log my food in my software program and go to the gym most every night. I'm losing it by dribs and drabs.
Old 10-17-2007, 12:13 AM   #81  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

S/C/G: 291.8/286.8/199

Height: 5'4 1/2

Down 1.2 this week.

No exercise for the past two days. I can feel my body getting back into that lazy zone so back to the gym tomorrow.

Congrats Dea!

Lek, hope you feel better!
JasonsLea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 08:51 AM   #82  

S/C/G: 287/252/165

Height: 5 ft 4"

Argh Ive been MIA. Eating has been horrendous, honestly, if it isnt nailed down its in my mouth. Sigh. This past week has been awful, its pure emotional eating also. Scottish man is leaving this weekend as his tour finishes, and Im distraught. Im committed to my job for the next 6 months, and I dont know when i will see him again. So hence the extreme comfort eating. Sigh.
Congrats to everyone who has lost weight!
pigginpodgey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 02:03 PM   #83  
move it

Hey piggin, I'm sorry you're having to go through all this. That's a really rough spot. Just hang in there and don't be too hard on yourself. You can always come here and vent.
Old 10-17-2007, 02:57 PM   #84  

S/C/G: 263/249/125

Height: 5'4"

Hey all!

Lekhika is this the same cold from the beginning of the month? Girl, are you sure it's a cold and not allergies? The reason I'm asking is cold's usually go away after about 4-6 days. Anything that hangs around forever usually has something else to blame. For me any time the weather changes my allergies go into overdrive. I'm really lucky, I have indoor and outdoor allergies, so no matter what I get slammed. You should hear me at the holidays when all the live greens move indoors. I could do a Minnie Mouse voice-over, no problem!

Piggin, if I had an incentive to move like yours I probably would do it myself. But being on my own with the folks to care for it's not even on the radar for me. That said, congrats on the promotion. It might be a great thing for you experience wise and getting another new job when you do make the move! Keep on keeping on and when you catch back up with Scottish man won't he be pleased and impressed with your spirit and determination!

Jasonslea, if it's any help whatsoever my Mom and I spend 90 minutes sitting on the shoulder of a freeway on-ramp, in rush hour traffic, in the rain. Apparently where the car broke down happens to be where the folks who live off the next exit chose to use the shoulder as their shortcut to that exit. It was a very nervous 90 minutes. Then the tow truck couldn't take us where we needed to go, they took us to Denny's to wait out the storm, the traffic, etc. Ever spend 2+ hours sitting in a Denny's? I got home 6 hours after we got stuck.

The good news is I finally got my medical treatment, I should be free to restart yoga tonight and cardio on Monday without problems. Hopefully this really makes a difference and I can safely move on to weights and really kick this body into a higher gear. I hope!
kappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 06:25 PM   #85  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

:hugs: Piggin! Don't fret sweetie! The time will fly by I promise!

Kappy, WTG on getting that treatment.

30 mins today. No gym, just walked to the library.
Old 10-17-2007, 10:10 PM   #86  

Hi ladies,

I have had a , god, I dont even know how to say it, hard time! My dad had a massive heart attack on sunday....he actually stopped breathing for a bit but they managed to revive him. I will spare you all the details! THey didn't think he was going to make it but you know what? oh boy, what a fighter! what a fighter! Looks like he is going to make it! One step at a time! Oh yes, that infamous one step at a time. I have been sleeping in the hospital waiting room with my m om past 3 nights a nd the docs and nurses finally convinced us to come home for one night to rest before we become patients too!

I am so sorry for my sad news. Despite everything, I still remembered and did not forget you super ladies here, thus my writing! I am going back tomorrow to hospital and really dont know when I will be back though I think I probably have a long road ahead. My dad is and was a saint before the heart attack, never smoked, drank, etc. but did like his peanuts and stuff.

My god, like we have said in here many times, health is number one! The fact that he led a healthy lifestyle was greatly in his favor and perhaps what saved his life thus far! If we dont have our health, nothing else matters! be happy and be healthy!

YOu ladies really rock. I hope to be around sometime but not sure when so I want you guys to keep the thread going okay? stick together, support one another and keep it going! Keep on truckin and FSA will be back when I can......hugs
FullSteamAhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 10:11 PM   #87  
focus creates results

Hey Kappy

No..it's the second cold this month...and I'm pretty sure it's a cold. My daughter is in daycare and she's constantly bringing home a new strain....it sucks.

But...if it weren't how would I get diagnosed?

And FullsteamAhead..
Oh my goodness. Dude you have your plate so full. I'm glad your father is on the mend. Take it easy on yourself. Your family is in my thoughts...thank you for thinking of us in your time of need...

I bid you peace.

Last edited by Lekhika; 10-17-2007 at 10:15 PM.
Old 10-18-2007, 04:46 PM   #88  

S/C/G: 263/249/125

Height: 5'4"

FullSteamAhead, darlin' you have my heartfelt sympathies. Been there, done that, wasn't fun. Know up front some drugs they will be putting your dad on will do a real number on his personality. It's the drug, not him. It will get better. Hang in there, remember you only have to get through the next minute. We're here when you need us.

Lekhika if you have a little one in daycare trying to figure out allergy versus cold gets a lot more difficult. Having allergies is a lot like having a low grade cold. You feel like crap but not bad enough to stay in bed. Allergies tend to hang around forever, unlike a cold which you should be over within a week. The experts claim if you run a fever it's a cold. That's if, and only if, your allergies haven't rounded the corner into infection. Long term tracking does a lot, in other words do you always seem to be sick for most of September/October? Do you "catch" something the same time as others but take longer to "get over it"? Your doctor can help you out, there are skin tests that help identify your major triggers. There are loads of ways to deal with allergies, once you know what the monster looks like! Oh, and just because you've never had allergies in the past doesn't mean you haven't developed them now. It's an immune system over-reaction, not something you've done or haven't done. Around here I'd say it's more remarkable to NOT have allergies than to have them. And that's saying something that's not so good!
kappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 05:29 PM   #89  
move it

Oh FSA, your dad sounds so much like mine. He hasn't had a heart attack, but he doesn't smoke or drink and he loves his peanuts! He's 78 and getting frailer by the day, though. I know the day will come when something will take him and it makes me want to cry! You're so lucky to have each other. I hope your dad makes a full recovery and you have many more years together.

And while we're on the subject of colds, my doctor told me a few years ago that humidifying the air cuts down on a lot of them. I used to get a lot of colds in winter, but I hardly get them anymore. You don't need to buy a humidifier, just put a fan in a corner with bowl of water in front of it. Change the water often so it stays fresh.
Old 10-18-2007, 06:51 PM   #90  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

FSA! We love you! Hugs for your daddy too!

30 mins today.