Old 02-20-2007, 11:12 PM   #31  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

S/C/G: 291.8/286.8/199

Height: 5'4 1/2

I'm doing the Lent 40 Days and 40 Night Challenge. You have to give up something during Lent. I'm giving up fast food and diet sodas. I decided for everytime that I resist fast food, I'm going to put the money I would have spent in my Lent bank. Same thing goes for the sodas, everytime I resist a soda, I'll put a dollar in the bank. When lent is over, if I've stayed true to my goal for at least 95% of the challenge, then I can spend the money I've saved on anything I want.
JasonsLea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 12:02 AM   #32  
Cowboy Fan 4 Life!

S/C/G: 248/236.6/140

Height: 5'0"

very cool!!!!!!!
Holyteror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 05:28 AM   #33  
One Day At A Time

S/C/G: 318/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Hi gals, so much to catch up on!! I'm happy this group is GROOVIN!

Shari, glad you weren't hurt in the accident, but I'm worried about those knees. I hate orthopaedic injuries, it seems they linger around to haunt you. Ask Robin about the knee thing. If it wasn't your fault (the accident) I'd make sure I got checked out REALLY well and get a decent settlement, you don't know what troubles the future could hold (not to be a pessimist but still) And CONGRATS on the new apt. I can't wait to hear all about it. Remember, I TOLD you your mother is AMAZING- a car in 2 hrs. Whatta gal.

Holyteror....do we need to have an intervention? I am just not liking what I keep hearing about your man. Do you just come on here and vent when you need to, and the rest of the time he is a great guy, or do you think you need to really re-think this relationship? Is the drinking just "getting on your nerves" or does this man have a problem? Does he ever get violent? Because the way he treats you (lack thereof I should say) YOU DESERVE BETTER. I'm just saying. And yes, we do promise to help keep you motivated. Do it for yourself.

Suz---do I need to have an intervention on you too!? LOL just kidding on that one, of course you are adjusting to your new life and your new routine. Look at me, I didn't even move and I spiralled out of control for WEEKS. Just don't let it get that bad. GET TO THE GYM...it perked me back up. I know, though, its all about the mindset. We all KNOW what we need to do, we just can't wrap our minds into that we NEED to do it. And I don't think you can force your mind into something til YOU are there. Keep coming on 3fc, not even JUST US (even though we are your girls!) every day here is a new inspiration.

Maybe we need an emergency short challenge, like one week, two pounds. We need to sprint off to a strong start. Just babbling ( 5 am BTW)

Jeni, hopefully this post finds you well, sounds like the buggers are getting out of the house, and I already know you're over there lysol-ing and purelling everything to death. I don't want to deter you from working out while you're sick, but I've heard if the cold is all in the head, go ahead and work out, but if the cold is systemic or in the chest you should wait and heal up before trying to exert the body even more. But I don't know, I've worked out with the beginings of some crud and ended up not making it full blown (or so I think) because it feels like exercise strengthens your body and immune system. Just don't be a hero, you will know your limits, I like that you are considering a "leisurely" ride on the elliptical....LOL

Paula, I hear you on the price of groceries! I just did my big shop yesterday too, and spent WAY too much. But I should be okay on food now for almost two weeks. Except the damn produce, I'll be back buying the fruits/veg by Monday, it is aggravating. I do like that DH and I get paid on opposite weeks, it seems like we always do have a little extra each week, rather than one week of $$$ and a slimmer next week.

So ArtsyChick, you say you've been on depo shots for over ten years! Well my doctor is trying to get me to quit them because she said that over 3-4 years and your bone density could be depleted! Well and I'm lucky my DH is willing to have the big V but I am NOT looking forward to going back to TOM, moodiness (which, really was never a huge problem for me) and all the other aggravations that go with that mess. Plus, what if I get preggers when I have an AFFAIR??? KIDDING!

I'm sorry if I forgot anyone or anything. There are alot of youns.

Got to go play poker yesterday. I don't even care if I don't win, just so long as I play well, and I did. Took a couple of bad beats but played just as I should have. And as long as I last awhile, not the first one out, I'm happy. I was in until about 3, which gave me time to get home and chill a bit before the kids got home.

My new bowling ball is ready! I had it drilled to fit my hand yesterday! I'll be using it Saturday night so wish me luck! And luckily, I go to work at 11pm after bowling, so I won't be tempted by drinking at all. That's a good plan. Not even ONE.

Rachel is up to pottying 3-4 times a day now! Still going in her pullups in between though, but yesterday was number one AND number two, and she was SO excited! (yes, yes, yes TMI, I know but so what!) We're still a long way away but finally at least HEADING there.

Enough for now, talk to you in the REAL morning. xoxoxo Michelle
NurseMichelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 06:36 AM   #34  
used to be tofat

S/C/G: 189/128.5/130

Height: 5' 3 1/2"

Good morning everyone. Here's to another day of good WEED.

Today (Ash Wed.) officially puts my life into overdrive. I hae so much music to learn/perform in the next 2 months its crazy. Hope my energy holds up. I did really well yesterday with my plan and hope today will go as well. I know I feel better when I stick with everything and that will keep me going through hard days, but temptations seem to pop up everywhere. Gives me more chances at small victories, right??

Quote:
Originally Posted by NurseMichelle View Post
So ArtsyChick, you say you've been on depo shots for over ten years! Well my doctor is trying to get me to quit them because she said that over 3-4 years and your bone density could be depleted! Well and I'm lucky my DH is willing to have the big V but I am NOT looking forward to going back to TOM, moodiness (which, really was never a huge problem for me) and all the other aggravations that go with that mess. Plus, what if I get preggers when I have an AFFAIR??? KIDDING!
Yeah, I'm shopping for a new dr. She's "overlooked" the bone density thing, a B12 deficiency (the neurologist informed me after looking up blood work from back in Sept.) and other things. I'm so not looking forward to TOM again. I used to get serious cramps and its been wonderful without them. I'm calling urologists today for DH's appt. I guess I'll also have to real in my affair and be more careful! ALSO KIDDING. Hope your new bowling ball serves you well.

Shari-So nice to see you here. I'm relieved to hear that you are ok from your accident. Be careful with your knees. I know to many people that have bad ones and have to restrict many things from their lives. I hope that never happens to you. Congrats on the new apt. Your mama is truly amazing, but she's proven that before. Its wonderful that you have her on your support team.

Paula-the cost of health food really does prevent to many people from eating better. It'd be cool if your health insurance covered the increased cost of healthy food, or you got a tax rebate for maintaining a healthy diet. Hey, we can all dream about that happening.

Rowdy-I'm sorry you feel on a downward spiral with your plan. We've all felt that way I'm sure, and it is not an easy task to get back to eating healthier. Sometimes I try to focus on changing just 1 small part of my diet back to healthy instead of tackling the entire thing all at once. I prefer to just jump back into routine, but if thats not working the small committment of "Today I'll cut back on my sugar intake" is more doable than the whole thing. Good luck today. Hope things go better.

OK, todays WEEd will include:
W-64+ oz.
E-turbojam
E-1300 cal.
D-I want to relax and get some rest today. It'll be a "take care of me" day until this evening when I go to work.

Have a great, healthy day.
ArtsyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 06:41 AM   #35  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Good morning fellow no foolin' friends.

Michelle, you are one serious bowler, huh? Custom fiited bowling ball. It must be very nice to have a hobby that you enjoy so much. Sounds like Rachel is making lots of progress - yay!!!

Shari, how very scary, I'm glad to here you are okay. Do watch yourself the next couple of days, sometimes these injuries have a way of showing their faces a few days later. I hope this is not the case with you.

Suz, I'm sorry you're having a couple of lousy days. Just as fast as you got off track, you can get right back ON track. Get a couple of good days under your belt and you'll be on your way again. A couple of off days are not going to destroy what you have accomplished and learned these past months.

Paula, I spend an awful lot of money at the grocery store as well. Those veggies really add up. Not to mention the fat free/sugar free yogurt and the chicken breasts. I try to look at it as money well spent. Certainly better then spending it on doctor's bill, G-d forbid.

Jeni if that cough of yours persists you really should check it out. Don't you sometimes wish that people with the creeping crud would walk around with face masks?

Bean, what channel did you find Gilad on? I gotta look for him, I've heard good things about him.

Artsygirl, it sounds like you have a busy 2 months ahead of you. You have a great perspective, I must say. Small victories are what it's all about. They add up rather quickly and are in fact not so small after all.

Hello to the rest of the gang. I know I'm missing some of you, I'm sorry, but this is all that's showing up as I am posting.

I decided to not do 2 miles yesterday, just did a tiny one mile. Knees not feeling great this morning. We'll see how it goes as I get moving today. We are in the middle of a major meltdown. Slush and puddles everywhere. It's disgusting. Everyone's cars are filthy, the piles of snow are black. It's not pretty. But at least it's a bit milder then it has been. I wore my brand new fitted black suede jacket yesterday. I felt so good in it. I feel so much better when my clothes are fitted instead of the baggy ones that I keep on having. I know, it should be my worst problem. My tailor is my new best friend. I have another function coming up on March 10th. A friends' sons Bar Mitzvah, no less. I just bought a size 10 pin striped jacket. It fits me, it's tight, but I can close it. If it doesn't get any looser I will wear it open. I just bought a nice shell for it. I'm going to wear it with this nice long black skirt I have which is now swimming on me. Yup, I'll be at the tailor with it, but I am going to wait a week or so.

Anyway, I talked enough, today's daily dose of WEED:

W - 80 oz +
E - darned if I know, but something, today is sit ups day, I will do some dancing and I will get out and walk today and do another tiny mile of WATP
E - under 1300 calories
D - Remember that I want to be fit and healthy. Always keep it in my mind as the day goes along. This will help me to make good eating and fitness choices throughout the day.

Have a great day everyone. Healthy and safe.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 07:33 AM   #36  

S/C/G: 188/176/150

Height: 5'4"

Yesterday was a good day. Amazing how much better I eat when the junk is out of the house.

Shari- I hope your knees feel better. Keep an eye on them.

today's WEED:
W- drink 3-4 bottles of water
E- Walk on the treadmill for 20 minutes
E- Eat only healthy foods today
D- Stay on track.
grammpaula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 08:46 AM   #37  
Calorie Counter

Hi everyone!!

Michelle: HURRAY FOR RACHAEL!!!!! I am so proud of her, soon she will just be going in the potty and then off by herself!!!! YAY!!!

Suz, I hope your are feeling better today,

Shari: you really need to have your knees checked out. Any type of injury should always be checked, especially when an accident is involved.

Artsygirl: temptations, dont get me started. It is so hard to avoid them, I have learned to just say no (although I don't always). Good luck and stay strong!

Robin, listen to you talking about clothes!!!!! size 10? I am so happy for you. I hate the time after it snows, but before it all melts off, it is so ugly. I'm lucky because when it snows here it is usually followed by a day of rain to wash it all away.

Paula, no kidding. If its not here, I cant eat it. (though for me, its usually here.)

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Robin, I understand the need for people to go to work when they are sick (I doubt I am contagious, but I am still going.) BUT, apparently one of the men who work for OS already was sick, really sick for six week, came to the first week of training, SAT BY ME, and had Walking pnemonia. I cant help but wonder if I brought that crap home with me, rather than the kids picking it up at daycare. Makie with walking pnemonia, Tommy now has a croupy cough, and me with this crap, AUGHHHH

I am feeling a little better today, I slept all night and no headache. I hope it lasts.

I skipped the gym last night, I wanted to let my lungs recover and I didn't want to spread germs. I will go tonight, I don't know how strong of a workout I will do, but I will do something.

The scale was still down today (not as low as on monday night) so I hope it holds until friday. I dont know if I trust it becasue my body is still recovering. but my eating has been great lately so maybe it is true.

I hope everyone has a great day, be healthy, forgive yourself, love yourself!!
jcatron243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 08:47 AM   #38  
Cowboy Fan 4 Life!

if it was an issue of violence we wouldn't be having this conversation. Dad's a mean drunk, I don't deal with that.
Old 02-21-2007, 09:02 AM   #39  
Calorie Counter

holyteror
jcatron243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 09:05 AM   #40  

Good morning everybody Why can't my kids be like me -- if I had a day off I would sleep until 9:00 -- but they are on vacation and are still getting up at 6:00 -- which doesn't fit my schedule, since I work at night, oh well. I used to overeat when I was overtired but I've gotten pretty good at controlling that with tons of water!! Hope everyone is doing well -- seems we all have so much stress going on in our lives or the lives of others that affect us -- do you ever wonder how you make it through the day without screaming!!!

Taking the kids to a planatarium/museum today -- it's so tough to find something for a 3 year old/7 year old to do that they will both enjoy -- hope this works.

W -- have to take some bottled water with me today -- because I'm not paying $2 for it at the museum!!

E -- Not going to make it to the gym today, so the walking around the museum will have to do.

E -- Unfortunately I also started the Lent challenge -- which "caused" me to eat two sugar cookies and some Chex Mix last night (I'm giving up "junk" for the challenge), but since it made me fell so yucky today -- I know I'm back on track. Amazing how great "good" food makes me feel!!

D -- To remind myself how great it feels when I'm doing well and how lousy when I'm doing bad. And, to remember I'm an example for my kids in all areas and to try to do my best to teach them good eating/exercising habits.

Hope everyone has a great day and finds a few moments to just relax (having two kids, I'm still waiting to be able to shower/go to the bathroom without a crisis!!)
shelby897 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 09:27 AM   #41  
Cowboy Fan 4 Life!

i've decided that one of my big problems with weight loss is dinner time. I do real well at work....but the afternoon snack and dinnertime is what's difficult. does anyone have any good low calorie suggestions for a protein type snack (i do better with protein snacks) and dinner?

also exercise and not enough water. I'm workin on that though. I do have a rehearsal tonight...we have a show in a month.

gotta run, i have to get ready for work and pack a lunch....

Last edited by Holyteror; 02-21-2007 at 09:50 AM.
Old 02-21-2007, 10:37 AM   #42  
Suz

S/C/G: 175/128/120

Height: 5'6"

Thumbs up

Good morning, girls...

And I can say "good morning" with conviction today, because it really is. I'm sorry I was so evasive yesterday... I don't know if I'm just experiencing a mood thing or what, but whatever it is, I seem to be on the upswing. Michelle, you were right, getting back to the gym did help... and I think a few more days of getting myself there will go a long way to improving my mood. (Endorphins and all that, you know.)

Also helping my mood is the fact that our cold snap seems to be over and it's finally, FINALLY getting warmer here. The thick ice/snow combination all over everything is beginning to melt and mornings are no longer 15 degrees, and I think that will go a long way towards helping me jump right out of bed in the morning and get myself to the gym. Ideally, I would love to be able to do five days a week.

What a fine group of ladies we have here! It's so nice to see a great big group for this challenge, and it's very motivating for me!

Shari - welcome back!! You are so upbeat, even despite all the stuff going on in your life. And I agree with Michelle... it wouldn't be a bad idea to go get your knees checked out. Hang onto all your doctor bills related to the accident, too... because just in case there IS something really wrong and you are injured (G-d forbid), you'll want to have those bills to turn in to the insurance company so they can go after the other driver's insurance company and get your expenses reimbursed. I don't know how it works in your state (I live in a no-fault insurance state), but it mightn't be a bad idea to talk to a personal injury lawyer. I'm not talking about full-scale lawsuit, but you want to make sure your rights are protected, too.

Robin - you are going to be able to close that jacket for the bar mitzvah, I just know it. My size 12 stuff is starting to get looser and looser on me... I can't wait for the day when I can get my butt into size 10 jeans. I plan to bring champagne and pop it open right there in the dressing room!

Jeni, you did well by not going to the gym last night... not only from a self-care perspective, but also from a preventative one! When I went to the gym last night, there was a guy there who was obviously ill; he was sneezing and coughing and using ALL of the weight machines, no doubt leaving a trail of germs behind him. So thank you for taking care of yourself AND taking care of everyone else by getting yourself well before going back to the gym!

Holyteror, I have trouble with dinner, too. As far as protein snacks go, nuts are a great way to get lots of protein. I'm nuts for nuts! As far as types of nuts, though, be very careful as some of them are much higher in calories than others. I like almonds; they're very good for you, the recommended serving amount usually is enough to satisfy me as a snack, and they really do keep me feeling full - which helps keep Bingie at bay. As far as low-calorie dinners... do you like to eat fish? There are a lot of great fishes that are low in calories (tilapia is my favorite). Also, marinating/grilling fish (even on the George Forman grill!) is a great, lower-calorie way to prepare fish. Same goes for chicken. Serve it up with a big mixed-greens salad with a little fresh mozzarella cut up over it, and you can make a very healthy balsamic/olive oil/crushed garlic dressing very easily which tastes wonderful over those greens. Everything tastes great because it's all fresh, and my DH loves it and doesn't even realize it's low-calorie. I've been sabotaging him this way... and he is continually surprised when he gets on the scale and discovers he's lost another pound.

Paula - yes, getting the junk food out of your house is a GREAT way to keep yourself from noshing on things that aren't good for you! I met with great opposition from my husband when I stopped buying potato chips and cookies, but he seems to be over that now and is enjoying the healthier snacks I'm buying.

Shelby - "Amazing how great "good" food makes me feel!!" What a terrific reminder! Yes, good food - healthy fuel for our bodies so we perform at peak - does feel good. Your kids are going to love the planetarium... and good for you for taking them somewhere educational!

ArtsyGirl - yes, this is a time of year where musicians get walloped! It's hard to believe that the Easter season is here already!! I have it easy, but my poor DH has all that music to learn ON TOP of all of the organ tunings he's got to do (some of which I will be dragged along on). In fact, soon we'll be tuning - and likely repitching - the 11-rank Casavant at DH's church, which is a tedious, eight-hour job. It's just a cruel trick of fate that both Christmas and Easter occur right when the weather changes and makes pipe organs unhappy. Thankfully, I just hold keys while poor DH climbs around in the chamber and whacks the pipes! Keep enjoying all of your mini-victories (they add up!) and good luck with learning all that music! Are you doing anything fun and/or very challenging?

Did I miss anyone? I hope not! If so, I'm sorry!!

~*~*~*~*~*~

Okay... brand new day today, and more WEED:
W: 96 ounces
E: I'm going back to the gym today... and I will get at least 45 minutes of some combination of cardio (running/elliptical/bike) and strength training (provided Mr. Sicky isn't there today, germing up all the machines)
E: 1400 calories
D: To enjoy this day and remember that it's a new chance to start again. Also, I think I want to get outside during lunch today, even if it's just for a walk around the block... it's so nice to see the sun and feel some warmth in the air!

Have a lovely, healthy, happy day, ladies - and thank you so, SO much for your kind support (and kicks in the butt!!).
RowdyBliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 10:42 AM   #43  

Rockinrobin, I think you said once that you exercise at the computer. How do you do that?
carolr3639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 10:42 AM   #44  

S/C/G: 150/148/120

Height: 5'2"

Okay, haven't been doing too good with WEED the first two days. But that's about to change...the Lent challenge begins today, and I'm really motivated now! Yesterday I didn't go over calories, but I did go over my fat maximum...yikes! I drank two cups of water, so I made that goal! My daily goal was to do Yoga, but I was so tired last night I went straight to bed. Here's my WEED for the day...

W - at least 3 cups (as part of my Lent challenge)
E - 35 minute interval training on the treadmill
E - 1200 calories, and stay under fat limit
D - Try to make it to mass at noon, and get my micro assignment done before going to the boyfriend's tonight!
LaBonita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 12:02 PM   #45  

S/C/G: 188/176/150

Suz- You said you like Tilapia. I am not a fish eater. My husband loves Tilapia from restaurants. I'm going to try making some I just bought at the store. I'm going to have to force myself to eat some fish. Would you mind sharing a recipe on how you prepare it?
grammpaula is offline   Reply With Quote