Old 01-29-2007, 10:30 AM   #1  
Suz

S/C/G: 175/128/120

Height: 5'6"

Thumbs up W.O.W. "Get Your Groove On" Challenge: Week 5 Chat Thread

Goooood morning, fellow WOW's! Starting this week's chat thread a little late because, well, I have the entire week off from work, and I slept in today. You bet that felt good!!!

Welcome to Week 5! Can you believe January's almost over? Seems like just yesterday we started this challenge... in fact, I even had to go back and count the weeks because when I started this today, I thought to myself, "No way we could possibly be on Week 5 already..."

But here we are, and Valentine's Day is just a little over two weeks away. How close are you all to your Challenge Goal? Remember, even if you don't make your goal, that's okay - just keep being healthy. Making a goal weight is no fun and totally pointless if you're not being healthy about your approach to losing the weight. Keep eating right, keep exercising, and keep your brains in a good place, and you WILL get there!

*~*~*~*~*

Holyteror, I saw your post from the previous thread... does that mean you're back from Texas? Also - I think it's great that your husband will be on board with you for losing weight. It makes eating better so much easier! Also, you and he can start doing some exercise together, like taking walks in the evening after supper. Every little bit helps!

NurseMichelle, good to see you over the weekend - and please stay healthy while you're giving your son all that TLC. I guess with being a nurse, you're probably immune to most stuff by now! And I agree with you, I get SO thrown off my plan when I can't get to the gym to exercise... it really messes with me. I know I need to plan for it better.

Robin - hopefully we find out about your ultrasound today!! I will be saying prayers for you until we do - and let's hope they get THIS test accurately!

Hello, Jeni!! Thank you for your encouraging words... you are such a good cheerleader! And yes, I can't wait to start off in the new house. I spent an hour at the Home Depot yesterday browsing seeds for my garden and paint chips for ideas for painting the rooms... I'll probably paint each room three times before I'm happy with it!

And hellooooooooo to anyone I may have missed - I am running short on time here, but I will be back later and hope to see some updates from you all.

*~*~*~*~*

I cannot believe I am ONE POUND AWAY from my goal weight for the end of the challenge... it'll be the first challenge I've actually succeeded at!

Okay girls - gotta run. Literally! I will be taking full advantage of all this tme off this week, and I am going to the gym to do some laps, some elliptical, and some weights. Then it's back to the packing!

Talk to you all later - have a great, groovy day, everyone!

MMM, WEED:

W - 96 ounces
E - Get three laps in at the gym (at least), elliptical - total cardio mins 45 - also do some lower-body weight-training
E - 1200 calories
D - Finish the kitchen!

RowdyBliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 11:25 AM   #2  
Calorie Counter

Height: 5'4"

Hey Suz!!! I hope you had a great workout. Don't you love home depot? All the endless possibilities! I was going to start this weeks thread, but I couldn't believe it was week 5, I didn't want to mess it up so I thought I would wait for you. I am absolutely no where near my goal right now, but I will be by the end of it.

Today started my new getting up early and going to the gym routine. I got on the treadmill and ran for 15 minutes and walked fast for 15 minutes. I also did the elliptical for 25 minutes, OMG my butt hurts!! (plus stretching for 5) I was truly overwellmed by the number of people there at 5:30 but I got a machine, and that was important. I am a little nervouse to use the machines, and the attendant was busy this morning so I will have to ask tomorrow. I figure, I will use my weight machine here at the house until I feel comfortable using theirs. DH went also, he told me there wasn't more than 10 people when he got there. Tomorrow, I think I may try a spinning class, if there is room for me, they only have like 7 bikes for it. I also picked up forms to put the kids in their nursery, which is open from 8-11:30 m-f and 4-8 mwf. So DH and I will have a chance to workout together in the evenings when I am not working.

I am so excited that I actuallly already have in 60 minutes for the day, but I plan on doing my bike and weights too today. I hope to add in 35 more minutes.

DH is now following my diet plan, and he is working out too. (I go from 5:30 till 6:30 he goes from 6:45- 7:45 comes home and gets ready for work.) I told him to try the elliptical, and he said he almost fell off, I guess he kept trying to pick his feet up. We are on the Road to Healthy Sexy Bodies!

MMM, WEED

W 120 oz
E 95 minutes (60 done)
E 1200 calories
D housework, take the kids to the nursery and play with them.
jcatron243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 12:19 PM   #3  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Week 5, no, no way. How can that be. Too fast. The time is just going too fast.

Suz, you did not read my post in last weeks thread. Please go back and read it. I urge you, urge you, urge you to not go by those little paint swatches. They are horribly inaccurate and you will be shocked at how different they look up on the wall. YOU MUST BUY PAINT SAMPLES. MUST, MUST, MUST. There are tons of slate blues, and sage greens, etc, etc. You need to purchase samples, no matter what the cost or the hassle. PAint a nice sized square on the walls, mark it with a PENCIL underneath which color you put up. Pen is hard to cover with pen, pencil not at all. Put a few side by side, check em out at different times during the day (light effects color greatly). It is worth the effort now then to have to repaint a room 3 times. Please trust me on this one. I'm glad you got to sleep in late. Happy gym-ing and happy pack-ing. The kitchen IS hard.

Jeni, I am so happy for you, you are really gonna get your money's worth at the Y. It's great that DH is into the fitness as well. You are gonna be one hot couple!!!

Hello to you gals that haven't posted yet on the new thread. Hope all is well and GROOVY.

Something tells me I will not be getting any test results today, it's already after noon. Oh well.

Oh so yeah, today is my weigh-in day, and I'm down 2 lbs to 199. So I guess I just squeaked in under the 200 lb mark. I am 4 lbs away from my February 14th goal. I really can't wait to lose another 12 lbs, that would bring my total loss to 100 lbs.

Quick hit of WEED:

W- drink lots
E- do lots
E- under 1300 calories
D - Paperwork, phonecalls to make, laundry, cooking, exercise.

Have a great day everyone.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 12:34 PM   #4  
Calorie Counter

Default Wtg Robin!!

CONGRATS on reaching ONEDERLAND!!!!
Old 01-29-2007, 03:24 PM   #5  
Suz

S/C/G: 175/128/120

Thumbs up

Robin - YESSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!! You are in ONEDERLAND,baby!!!! Awesome, just awesome - I'll bet you are ecstatic. I know I am!! Now, if we could just get some good news on your test results...

And yes, I did read what you wrote, and I will buy actual paint samples this week; I was more or less just killing time at the Home Depot on Sunday and didn't feel like messing around with getting the paint. I only had 45 minutes or so and was just knocking around some ideas and wanted to bring something home to show DH what my thought processes are.

Jeni - I am so happy that you got some good gym time in today! I think that early a.m. is definitely the way to go with places like that... especially after my experience at the gym today. I thought it would be deserted when I went (around 11:00ish), but it was actually mobbed with people. So yes, keep going in the early a.m. if you can! And it's great that you have DH on board with you - that will make things so much easier. We all know that there is great strength in numbers!

*~*~*~*~*

I'm not sure when I'm going to be able to post next... we've just gotten word that it's "all systems go" for settlement tomorrow, which is great - but that means that we'll officially begin moving stuff tomorrow. Wednesday is when Comcast is supposed to be shutting off the cable internet access here at the apartment and turning it on over at the house - but we all know how smoothly THAT usually goes, so who knows when that will actually occur..?

Anyway, I'm thinking that this will be my last post until Wednesday at the very earliest. So until I'm back... keep your GROOVE on, stay happy and healthy, and I'll talk to you all when I'm home in my new house! (I just love saying that!)

Keep on keeping on, girlfriends..!!
RowdyBliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 03:43 PM   #6  
Calorie Counter

Suz, good luck tomorrow!!! We will miss you.
Old 01-29-2007, 07:21 PM   #7  
Movin' and Groovin'

S/C/G: 289/269/180

Rowdy--Enjoy your week off. I'm ready for summer break myself. See ya when you get moved.

Jeni--Hooray for getting to the gym in the morning. And Yea! for you DH joining you.

Robin--WOOHOO!! That is so awesome!! So proud of you.

-------------
Well, I'm down 1/2 pound. TOM came for a visit, so I figure that might have something to do with it. That makes me 2.5 lbs. from my Groovin' goal.

Catch ya all later!!!
JennyWenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 08:24 PM   #8  
Cowboy Fan 4 Life!

S/C/G: 248/236.6/140

Height: 5'0"

rowdy: i left on tuesday afternoon and was home in ca by thursday afternoon. i've managed to catch a cold too
Holyteror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 09:52 AM   #9  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

BOO!!!

I mean man oh man, I hope I didn't wake anyone up around here. Sheesh, it's quiet.

Holyterror, I hope you are doing well. Maybe a little extra pampering will knock that cold out.

Rowdy: Good luck to you girl. I'm sooo excited for you. I hope it all goes smoothly for you.

JennyWenny, you are CLOSE to making that goal. Great going!!

Jeni, I am such a dunce. My hubby IS a member at a Y, he swims there 3x a week. I never even thought to ask him the difference it is to have a family membership as opposed to a single. I can't wait til he gets home later so I can ask him. Of course I haven't a clue as to what they offer there, but I think I will look into it. I can't believe I never thought of it til just now as I'm reading your post. S-C-A-R-Y, I am.

I called the Dr. yesterday, no news. She said I should call her on Wed. if I haven't heard from her yet. I'm getting really anxious now.

I had a good day yesterday. I did a 2 mile WATP dvd twice yesterday, 1 in the early morning, one if the late afternoon. I made this delicious, yummy, fantastic chicken marsala. It was soooo good. The only slight problem was one of my daughters didn't wind up coming home for dinner. So, of course I ate the piece that was intended for her.

I am headed out shortly to do some errands. I'm off to buy a pedometer. I think this will motivate me to get some more walking in. I'm sure I will become obsessive about it. I'm also going to buy me a few more items of clothing. I can't take having so little. I need some more underwear, sleepwear, active wear, sweaters. They are having a sale at the mall. I hope I am successful. I always go with the full intention of buying, but then I feel so darn guilty about spending the money, since I hope it won't be fitting me for long. We'll see what I can come up with. I am doing laundry constantly now to compensate.

Today's WEED:

W - at least 8 10 oz. glasses
E- 2x WATP video, already did one. Walking in the mall
E- under 1300 cals
D- Buy me some new clothes. Some work/tax stuff - YUCK.

Have a great day everyone.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 10:15 AM   #10  
Calorie Counter

Holyteror~you poor thing, a quick trip like that and catching a cold?! I hope your family is coping okay with your loss.

Jenny~ down 1/2 a pound is great!!!!!!! I am still way off of my groovin' goal, but you know what, thats okay. I am going to be working out, at the gym and getting in 60 good uninteruppted minutes of my workout.

Suz, I know you said you might not be back until Wed, but I just wanted to wish you luck with the settlement and the moving.

Robin, how are you?? I have to ask, did you do a jig when you saw the scale at 199??

Aud???? How are you? Where are you??

100percent, I hope you are still with us, How are you??

*~~~~~*******~~~~~~
I made it back to the gym, (after some prodding by DH ) I did 40 minutes on the elliptical and 20 on the treadmill. The spinning class was full dang it, I watched the end and it looked fun. I may have to catch an evening session.

I finally got official word about my NEW JOB. they waited until 4:30 to call me yesterday (BTW I have to be at work at 5) I start on the 5th. I cant believe they only gave me 1 weeks notice. I did tell my boss last week that I was sure I had the job and I knew they were starting on the 5th so I did give him notice, but the girl who will move into my position isnt so sure if she wants it.

I don't know If I told you what the job is but I will be making Craisins for Ocean Spray. (it is no where near glamorous, but its better than where I am now!) The company has been around here for a LONG time, and they are expanding their operations. I will be getting a pay increase (from my current job) of $4.00 per hour with a $0.50 raise every six months for the first 3 years. PLUS I will be working DAYS!! okay, I thought it was a rotating day/night position, but the gal on the phone told me that I will work Day shift when production starts (at the end of April). I will be in class room training for 2 months. which will start at 7 am so DH and I will have to figure out a new workout schedule. I am scared/nervous excited/sad.

I think the workout schedule will stay the same for me And DH will either go during his lunch break, my days off or the evenings when I get home.

W 120 oz
E 100 minutes (70 done)
E 1400 cals
D find a daycare
Old 01-30-2007, 10:42 AM   #11  
Calorie Counter

Robin, we posted at the same time!!! You should definately check out the Y. I know all facilities are different, but the one here has so much equipment, plus the Pool. I am going to do weights and swim tomorrow!
Old 01-30-2007, 05:31 PM   #12  
Cowboy Fan 4 Life!

S/C/G: 248/236.6/140

Height: 5'0"

Hi Ladies,
I went home early from work today and they had the nerve to quiz me as to why i was going home. When I finally said "fevery" they were convinced.....no duh i've been coughing/sneezing since Friday...sheesh.

anyway i just woke up from a nap, head's clogged and sneezing's a chore but I'm gonna fight this bug away....feels like that mucinex guy is living with his friends in both lungs and sinus passages. my face hurts!!!!

anywhoo i'm alive but chilling at home...i want to start meal planning but hubby's not interested in it...i know i can stick if i know what i'm gonna plan out foodwise. He'd rather just eat once or twice a day...i'd rather have smaller meals more often. but we're functioning ok

You guys are doing well! KUTGW!!!!!!!!!!!
Holyteror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 02:09 AM   #13  
One Day At A Time

S/C/G: 318/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Oh whatever....<frustrated> on Monday I made a lovely well thought out post, and went to click submit, got an error and couldn't get back on this site until last night (tues after 8)....so here we go again. Yes you will note the time is...2 am, I've been up for about 1/2 hr.

Now Rachel has Robert's flu...did ya see that one coming? Luckily he was really only BAD one day, and kinda icky the other 3-4....and Tues was her bad day. We'll see how today goes. They both got on Tamiflu early so here's to hopin. Oh and they both are complete Purell converts, even Rachel loves to do it. Just pray that DH and I stay healthy!!! I've been feeling lazy, but that's mostly from all these days of rocking babies, not getting my own shower in, not exercising, basically just holding the house together. And I've been eating pretty good. Lots of water.

Suz, I'm posting this thinking you must be sleeping in your new home tonight. Or at least almost all moved in. I wonder if the snow has been an issue for the move, we have like 5inches. I think (I hope) school will get cancelled today. A whole week off sounds great, of course you'll be bustin your butt the whole time but it'll be so worth it!

Jeni- sounds like the Y is alot of fun...I love that new feeling of motivation, there is so much for you to check out, so many new experiences. I hope you can get into a spinning class, I've never seen one, I barely know what it is, it's like a bike right? And I'm totally jealous of the pool and swimming with your kids. How happy I am for you. I can't wait til friday, I bet you lost right off the bat. The new job! Less than a week to go!

Robin---- on making it to OnederLand....on my old post that got erased, I laughed because you seemed to be so nonchalant about it, oh yes, 199, there it is, and I just whooped and hollered (I have kids, nothing is weird around here)....YOU MADE IT! Congrats to you, I love it! Yes, today technically is Wednesday, I doubt the doc will be calling you any time soon after 2 am but I'll be watching for a post today. Oh and I also wondered if you would get the results over the phone or might your doc call and say "well I have your test results, now let's schedule an appt to go over them and discuss our options?" Just hang in there darlin, let us know. And I hear ya about the clothing thing, at first I loved my cute smaller clothes, but now I'm just frustrated by the lack of choices, and when I go out, I'm tired of wearing the same stuff. But remember all the stuff you got rid of, clothes always accumulates faster than you think. But it does get expen$ive to go out and get new underwear and jeans every few months.

Darn it I wish I wish I wish I had remembered all the things I wrote last time. Well glad all is well and HTeror is home safely, even if you are sick. I bet the dog was happy to see mommy come home. Take some Vitamin C and rest up dear...I laughed at your Mucinex guy reference.

OMG confession time....the last time I went to the gym was....Last Wednesday!!! YIKES! I gotta get back over there. I feel kinda frumpy without it. I will use sick kids as somewhat of an excuse, who wants to go work out after not getting dressed all day, cleaning up germs and rocking hot little guys in the chair all day?! Coming back on to 3fc and the WOW girls has helped too, esp miss Robin and her 199! I really got upset when I thought the site was broken or my computer was all messed up, and I was really going to miss you guys! But whatever DH did, he fixed it for me.

Ready to hit submit....hoping my post appears, love you all xoxoxoxo Michelle

Last edited by NurseMichelle; 01-31-2007 at 02:34 AM.
NurseMichelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 02:20 AM   #14  
One Day At A Time

YAY the post made it! And I forgot to chime in about the paint sample/ paint chip thing...I haven't actually ever asked for a "sample", what is that about? How do you take it home? Is it like a tiny bucket? Or a really big piece of paper? But it's gotta be better than what happened in our downstairs. I wanted to go with a browns and tans, earthy tone, with splashes of red/burgandy throughout, like red pillows, the paintings are earthy with really bold red flowers, etc. Tan furniture, well anyways...I chose an off white color, but wanted it darker than like eggshell or whatever, and when DH painted it, I was away for the weekend, and got home and he was like, "is this really what you had in mind?" IT WAS PEACH. PEACH. PEACH. Almost orange really. LOL I hated it at first, didn't have the heart to tell him that, he'd worked so hard to surprise me with it. But I guess it's okay now. The lighting down there is lower, LOL...but really it doesn't bother me anymore. But it is PEACH. Yes PEACH. So I just went on to think I must be color uncoordinated, I NEVER choose the right color, based on those color swatches. So thank you for tip Ms Robin...but we do have another issue, our home is like ALL THE WALLS ARE CONNECTED! There are very few partitions or ways to make a natural break in color between the walls of each room, even up and down the steps are really almost all connected. Any advice?
Old 01-31-2007, 07:48 AM   #15  
One Day At A Time

Hi~~ I just wanted my 200th post to be on here! LOL