Old 01-15-2007, 07:27 AM   #1  
Suz

S/C/G: 175/128/120

Height: 5'6"

Default W.O.W. "Get Your Groove On" Challenge: Week 3 Chat Thread

Good morning, fellow W.O.W. chickpeas, long-time members and first-timers! I see that on Week 2, we've picked up a few more members in our challenge, and that is terrific - there truly is strength in numbers!

Hard to believe we're in Week 3 already. One week at a time, day-by-day of healthy living, we will attain our weight goals and we will learn to live our lives better.

As I mentioned in Week 2, the weekend was nuts. I had no idea that moving into a house would be so complicated! We had the home inspection on Saturday and, thankfully, there were no surprises there. We also bought one of those high-capacity Kenmore washers for half price at the local "scratch & dent" Sears outlet, and we managed to score a free dryer from one of my co-workers - and that is a big worry off my mind. The previous owners took their washer/dryer, and I was stressing about how we were going to wash our clothes when we got into the house!

My workout schedule has been completely thrown off, but between packing and lifting boxes, etc., I think I'm still managing to get exercise in. I did blow off choir yesterday to go to the gym, though. Felt good to get a decent workout in. I'm jazzed about my new neighborhood because it's mostly flat with some small inclines - perfect for running! I will attain my goal of running a mile by July!

My in-laws (the Outlaws!) came with their pickup to help us get the washer from the store, and my MIL commented: "Wow, Suzanne, you really are losing weight... how are you doing it?" Now THAT made me smile. I told her that I'm not cutting anything out, but I'm just eating better portions and exercising 4 days a week... and that losing the weight slowly is frustrating but better over the long-term. She wants a quick fix - don't we all?? - but I tried to explain to her that quick weight loss methods don't help us develop the habits we need to keep it off for the long-term. I hope it sank in...

Special note:
Robin - I think you said you had your Dr.'s appointment today - my positive thoughts and prayers are with you today. Keep your chin up, honey, everything will get sorted.

*~*~*~*~*

Okay, girls - Let's start Week 3 with a bang!! Have a great day, everyone, and I hope to hear you all check in with your news and your progress.

RowdyBliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 10:10 AM   #2  
aud
lc lifestyle

S/C/G: 254/234/139

It's WEEK 3????? WOW!!!

Time to really get GROOVING!!!!

Just was commenting on how lucky we've been with the ice/outages when BOOM - power went off. Quickly came back on tho' - *knock on monitor*

Such good news that no surprises were found during the Inspection, rowdy! Had that happen to me once on a house I had my heart set on - (deeeep foundation ROT cancelled the sale! )

Just want to wish everyone some Wonderful WEED . . . this looooooong weekend has got me waaay off my WEED useage . . . but having WEED-brain has me in such better shape than I would've been w/o it! W/I postponed until return to work tomorrow night/gym scale - so with that in mind - and b4 I get knocked off here again:

W: 100+ oz
E: Pilates/walk
E: adjust OP
D: Secret Confession: Take the tree the rest of the way down.
aud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 10:24 AM   #3  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Good morning ladies!!!!

Howdy Rowdy!!! Glad your inspection came off without a hitch. That's great news. Sounds like you got some good deals on washing machine/dryer. Compliments are great, even if they're from an outlaw.

aud, glad you've got power. Those ice storms we're hearing about are SCARY. I won't complain then about our rainy, gray weather.

Jeni, I hope your birthday turned out well.

Yup, I'm going to the gynecologist this afternoon. Yuck, but I am anxious to get it over with and find out what the heck is going on with me. I'll let you guys know what happened, although I'm sure I will know nothing concrete til they run some tests. I was supposed to go for a retake of my blood test this morning, but dopey,dumby, me forgot that I wasn't supposed to eat - so yup- I ate. I'll have to do it tomorrow. Thanks for the prayers and good wished Rowdy.

Week 3 already, wow or should I say W.O.W., time is flying. I'm down 2 1/2 lbs this week to 206. That's 81 lbs gone, exactly 1/2 to my goal. YIKES, still got ANOTHER 81 to go. That's okay, I knew this was going to be a looong and difficult road. But stopping now is NOT an option. I simply WON"T remain this way - fat and unfit - I won't, I won't, I won't -

Today's WEED:

W - drink lots of it
E- Do lots of it, or at least a bit of it I don't know if I'll have time for lots
E- Eat well, healthy foods in small portions.
D- get through Dr.'s visit

I'll check in later and let you know how things went. Enjoy your day ladies.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 10:33 AM   #4  
Suz

Thumbs up

Yep, Aud - Week 3! January is flying by!!

I forgot my WEED...

W - 96 ounces
E - Probably nothing formal, but more than likely will involve moving a billion boxes and packing and stressing out!
E - 1200 calories
D - Daily goal: Get den completely packed up. Also start scrounging for newspapers and bubble wrap for dishes. Daily affirmation: If I keep working hard and losing a pound a week (my pattern), I will weigh 145 lbs by July 1 - which is what I weighed in college! Bikini body, here I come!!
Old 01-15-2007, 10:35 AM   #5  
Suz

Robin, you and I have the Vulcan mind-meld thing going on... you posted just as I did. Congratulations on being HALFWAY TO YOUR LONGTERM GOAL!!!! That's freakin' amazing, and you should be very, VERY proud of yourself!!!

Old 01-15-2007, 11:43 AM   #6  
One Day At A Time

S/C/G: 318/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Hi dahlings, took me a bit to get all caught up, I hope I remember everyone!

Suz, I am so excited for you and the new house, even MORE so about the FREE dryer, and washer. So much work but so worth it to be in YOUR house. Not your apartment, not your rental, but YOUR HOUSE. Sometimes I look around and still feel happy about my house. We've only been here about a year, but still. Makes working hard so worth it. The neighborhood sounds nice, and you're right, perfect for walking/running, evenings in summer, fall, SIGH!! You're gonna love it!

Robin, how do you do it! All this stress and you're STILL losing! AWESOME! You are so close to OneDerLand! I see you getting there before February. Mark my words. And let us know how the appt goes this afternoon. Maybe write down all your questions/comments so you don't forget anything when you get there, and you usually only have a few min with the doc. I meant to tell you that last week. I know you have a million things to ask/say. Is DD still home or did she have to go back?

Aud, no WEED over the weekend? What a square, I thought that's what Saturday nights were for?

Jeni---Happy belated birthday, I remembered it over the weekend but never got on to post. Sounds like you have some wonderful people in your life, the co-workers, your dad, your hubby, the kids. So sweet! Sorry your mom didn't call, you didn't elaborate, but I have that kind of relationship with my own mom, she doesn't call me either, and one year, she told me I should have called HER, after all, it was HER who pushed for 35 hours to birth me. Sounds nastier than she is but overall she does usually consider herself first and everyone else second. Oh and you LUSH you! That's us old people, stumbling around at 9:30pm when the young ones can hold out til at LEAST 2am or later! (though at WalMart, I'm sure no one noticed) I like that your coworkers gifts were appropriately wt loss related, you'll like your resistance band workout, I like mine.

I had a pretty good weekend. I slept all day Saturday (worked Fri night, OMG I had the WORST two nights Thurs and Fri, I could have QUIT Thursday night) woke myself up early, because, guess what- this weekend was the final weigh-in for the big loser contest at the gym. So I got up and peed, and did not eat or drink anything, just got dressed to go to weigh in. So I get there and the trainer told me there was a small problem, my team trainer got mad one day and quit-and took our stats with her!!! So no one knows what we weighed IN at! I told her I remembered what I weighed but who knows, I could have said like ten more pounds and cheated, LOL...so anyways I lost TEN pounds since November 15th, not too shabby, esp past the holidays. So I don't know what we're going to do about the contest.

Oh yes and I got the bright idea to work out since I was already at the gym, hopped on the elliptical, but remember I hadn't had anything to eat or drink yet so I pooped out early and just went home. DUHHHH!! I felt dizzy and yucky so I won't be doing that again anytime soon.

Bowling was fun, but I bowled like crap! Someone bought me some drink called a Hawaiian Punch, tasted JUST like HP!!! But with like ten shots of alcohol in it! She said it actually had MORE liquor in it than a Long Island Iced Tea....um..yeah...I drank like four of those. Calorically, probably TERRIBLE, but YUMM-O. Then we were going to go play cards at our friends house, changed our minds and hung out at home.

Sunday, relatively uneventful but eating and water-wise, EXCELLENT! I feel okay about the whole weekend, even with all that drinking. The scale was kind this morning too, said 219, but I won't hold my breath that that wasn't mostly water loss, but still. Today no school, MLK day, of course. Robert has some kind of fund raiser at Chuck-E-Cheese of all places. So we'll probably go there around three. But I work tonight and that place is the LAST place I want to go-Major Headache. But the kids deserve a little fun, being all cooped up for awhile. Tonight Robert has Cub Scouts. So I better go nap this afternoon so I can even stay up tonight.

Anyone going to watch American Idol this week? I only started getting into that show two seasons ago, but I get kinda obsessed with it! So the DVR is already set up to tape the whole season!

Talk to you all soon. xoxoxoxo Michelle
NurseMichelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 12:17 PM   #7  
Calorie Counter

Height: 5'4"

Suz~With all that packing I am sure you are getting plenty of exercise in. When do you close on the house??? And don't you love the compliments from inlaws (outlaws)??

Aud~ When bad weekends happen, we just gotta dust ourselves off, right (currently dusting off my legs!) Ice storms, ooo yuck, we are just coming off a coldspell here, well they are predicting snow again, but I am not sure about us (we are at sea level)

Robin, My thoughts are with you today I will be waiting to hear what your gyn says.

Michelle, I'm sorry you had a bad day on Thursday, I have those days and want to walk off but I am just to responsible, dangit. That drink sounds good, I love fruity drinks that dont taste like there is alot of alcohol but wow 4??? I couldn handle my 2 You know you gotta eat something before a cardio workout!!! Well thats okay, I usually just have my protien shake.

If I get this new job it will be 4 days on 4days off rotating 12 hours shifts. I really want to get a membership to the Y but I don't want to waste money if I am not able to get to the gym, How do you get the energy to go Michelle?? Do you think it is worth paying for it even on your schedule?

~*~*~*~*~*~*

As for myself, I cant believe we are in week 3! I have actually lost 2 pounds (although I didn't step on the scale this morning). Makie was sick last night, as in projectile vomiting for over an hour, ICK! DH let her have 3 cups of OJ before bed, why would he do that???? anyway since she is fine today and had no fever last night, I am hoping that it was the acid in the OJ that gave her trouble and not some nasty virus. I pumped up my balance ball and am sitting on it as I type and (have for 20 minutes now.) Wow I can feel it in my belly and lower back) I did OK with my weed this weekend, well Water and Exercise but my eats were a little more than I usually like to eat. But today is Monday and starting a whole new outlook!

The Y is offering a biggest loser contest for couples (you have to actually apply and be interviewed and all that stuff). The first winner lost over 100 pounds, the second winner lost 75. DH wants to do it and so do I so I am going to call and get an application for it. Interviews are on the 27th so wish me luck!!! Between DH would like to lose 50 and I would like to lose 25 more so It isn't as dramatic, but the challenge would be fun.
jcatron243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 12:29 PM   #8  
Fighting the Good Fight

Height: 5'1"

Down 1 pound for Week 2. Gearing up for Week 3!!!

spanky
spanky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 12:52 PM   #9  
Calorie Counter

Height: 5'4"

great job spanky!
jcatron243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 01:44 PM   #10  
Cowboy Fan 4 Life!

S/C/G: 248/236.6/140

Height: 5'0"

I haven't stepped on the scale. TOM showed up and i can't seem to stay away from the kitchen. It's not even tons of junk food if you can believe that. I wish i could get motivated.....I'm just having a hard time of it. congrats to all the successes this week though
Holyteror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 03:35 PM   #11  
aud
lc lifestyle

S/C/G: 254/234/139

*pacing Thread waiting for rrobin*
aud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 04:09 PM   #12  
Cowboy Fan 4 Life!

lolol aud!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-15-2007, 04:42 PM   #13  
Suz

Oh Aud, I feel the same way...

***fingers and toes crossed for Robin***

Spanky, way to go on your 1 lb. loss! One pound a week seems to be my pattern, too. They'll really add up!

And Jeni - 2 lbs. gone!! So, just so I can get this straight - you're sitting in front of the PC on your balance ball? I never gave that much thought before, but yeah, that'd be a terrific workout... because you're forced to keep your balance on the thing and it's working your core, right? Awesome! Methinks I will be purchasing a ball for myself...

Michelle - how crappy is it that your trainer up and quit on you all!! That's awful!!! Being mad and quitting a job is one thing, but she should be ashamed of herself for letting your group down... it wasn't your fault!!

Holyteror - NOW is the time to get motivated!! When you are feeling frustrated and upset and have the TOM munchies... NOW is the time to take control! You CAN do it! Find something else to do... keep yourself busy so you won't think about munching... and know that you are stronger than your cravings! Give yourself a break, don't beat yourself up, but use today as a brand new start. You can do this, and you WILL do this!

*~*~*~*~*

The Lean Cuisine lemon-pepper breaded fish with the broccoli/cheese sauce is nasty. I do NOT recommend. Bleh...
Old 01-15-2007, 05:21 PM   #14  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Let me just say that I love you girls. Aud, you're too funny. I'm so glad I ran into this crew of people. Lucky girl I am.

Okay. I'll get right to it. She says the mass is DEFINITELY a fibroid. She has on her notes that last time she saw me she could not give me a proper exam because of my weight. AND NOW SHE HAD NO PROBLEM DOING SO (gotta look for the positive). So that fibroid that was found was due to the results of the pelvic sonogram I had taken. She says it's not necessarily that much larger then last time, about 20 months ago. But the reason I'm noticing it now and that I can feel it both externally and internally is for sure, for sure because of all the weight I lost. I have a pelvic sonogram schedueled for Wednesday the 24th (as well as a mamogram). She doesn't want to talk tactics until she sees the size and location of it. But in all likely hood it WILL have to be removed surgically. We didn't get into any details as of recovery or anything like that. Again, she wants to wait and see the results.

My blood pressure was yikes - 155 over 100. She told me to immediately fill the prescription last Dr. gave me and so sadly I did. She said no one should be walking around with pressure that high. I can't believe I'm on friggin medication. She said the cholesterol and high blood pressure doesn't make sense, given my history and my big weightloss, though it's not her area of expertise. I told her about the anoerexic connection and she said as far she knew the reason there cholesterol levels jumped was due to thyroid problems that they have. My thyroid checked out fine. Is she right? , I haven't a clue. She told me she would see a CARDIOLOGIST, being that I have high cholesterol and high blood pressure. 2 things that are heart related. She gave me a name and I guess I've got to call him. I'll probably wait til after I deal with the baseball inside of me.

Gonna probably retest the cholesterol tomorrow morning. And that's that.
I don't want surgery and I don't want to be on medication, but I guess I gotta do what I gotta do. Gotta go now, I'm sorry I'm rushed. Thanks again for thinking about me and I'll talk to you gals later. Love ya all. You're the bestest!!!
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 05:43 PM   #15  
Cowboy Fan 4 Life!

ok this afternoon i'm going with a somewhat healthy smoothie, 1 serv of tofu, 1 cup of crystal light (i have sf cranberry drink from wallyworld), 3 packages of splenda, and 1/2 cup frozen berries....blended all nicely. Ablut 125 calories, plus you can change the flavors up as it's whatever flavor of berries and crystal light you use. it's not bad, i put a dollop of light cool whip on it. Got veggies to share with the goofy dog too.