Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Closed Thread

Old 11-07-2006, 12:13 PM   #1  

Default Get Ready for ThanxGivin!

Hello Ladies-
I thought it would be a good idea to start a thread in which we offer each other advice on how to combat the YUMMY ThanxGivin meal! I dont know how everyone did last year, but lets just say that I was in SO MUCH pain that I could not even drive home---and I pray that this does not happen again! So, any advice you ladies care to share will be greatly appreciated by everyone who dreads this delcious meal!
Old 11-07-2006, 12:25 PM   #2  
It's working this time!

S/C/G: 235/212/175

Height: 5' 1.5"

Smile

I don't dread it, because Thanksgiving Day is one of my 4 yearly Free Days! Yum! lol But I'm still going try do portion control and not go overboard. I'm determined! I can do it!!!

Old 11-07-2006, 12:47 PM   #3  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

I never gave the Thanksgiving meal much thought before this year. Last year and for the past couple of decades or so I ate whatever the heck I wanted. And I wanted a lot. So I ate a lot. I'm not willing to sabbatoge my weightloss right now, so I'm gonna really try and take it easy and I'm just hoping I can muster up enough will power.

I'm going to my mom's house and I am doing some of the cooking by me and bringing it to her. I'm bringing sugar snap peas sauted with onions and soy sauce, a finely chopped tomato, cucumber, onion salad with a lemon oregano dressing. I'll eat that and some white meat turkey and a little bit of mom's candied sweet potatos. I'm also making a pecan pie, which I love - I guess I'll try and have just a sliver. And I'm gonna slice up a big pineapple.

And like Tisha said "I'm determined! I can do it!!!" ( At least I think I can, just kidding)
Old 11-07-2006, 03:15 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 180.5/157.5/145

We're traveling and probably won't be having a traditional meal, which suits me fine. I'm going to get my exercise in one way or another and really be mindful of my fullness level.
Old 11-09-2006, 11:09 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 150ish/???/125

Height: 5'2"

My plan is to exercise Thanksgiving morning and bring a roasted vegetable dish. I'll have veggies, salad, and white meat turkey, then take 1 spoonful of other stuff that I can't resist (like stuffing) that way there'll be built-in portion control. I was thinking for dessert I would go with a SMALL piece of pumpkin pie because I have read that it's the lesser of all pie evils. I was also thinking of bringing selzter and lemons so I'd have something yummy to drink, and maybe get the family to all take a walk after dinner. So that is my plan (I've given it a good deal of thought!). Good luuck everyone!!
Closed Thread