Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 10-28-2006, 01:18 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 111/95/90 (kg)

Height: 5ft 6in

Default Eating Disorders Clinic assessement

Hello

My doctor referred me to the ED clinic for an assessment of my Binge Eating Disorder, and I had that yesterday. The consultant asked all sorts of questions about my eating habits going back to my childhood. She then explained that they are going to be starting a support group, meeting every 2 weeks for other people with BED, and she is going to write to me when it starts as I am eligible to join. I also had to have all sorts of blood tests, to check stuff like glucose, cholesterol and bone density, as well as kidney, liver and thyroid functions.

Ive got a history of yo yo dieting followed by periods of bingeing. At the mo Ive been binge free for about 6 weeks, but that just because I need to fit into my wedding dress as Im getting married in 2 weeks time. I hope I can stay binge free after the wedding.
kalijack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2006, 04:36 PM   #2  

Height: 5'-2"

Wow, how fortunate you are to have such a service! It sounds very good and very thorough.
Congratulations on your six weeks... that's fantastic! I'm sure you'll look and feel beautiful on your wedding day.
ellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 08:34 AM   #3  
Coldblooded Thread Killa

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalijack View Post
I hope I can stay binge free after the wedding.

I see that you're not in the U.S., so these books may not have been popular where you are, but just in case...did you ever read any of the "Little House on the Prairie" novels by Laura Ingalls Wilder? They're basically children's books, and tell the story of an American pioneer family in the later nineteenth century.

I only ask this because there is a quote from her father in one of the books that always sort of stuck with me. He said that success, just like anything else, becomes a habit after a while. I think this may apply to your situation; get used to not bingeing now, and with each day that passes binge-free, you'll be more and more likely to keep it up.

Good luck, and CONGRATULATIONS on your upcoming marriage!
callystia is offline   Reply With Quote