Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Closed Thread

Old 10-25-2006, 06:01 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

I'm coming back to this forum because when I was here that 7 days I did not binge. Today that's all I've done.

Ellis--I've probably had 4000 or more calories today.
Old 10-25-2006, 10:34 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 145/137/120

Ceejay, get your mind off the incident & move on, quickly!!

End of a very tough Day #3, for me.

In other similarly shocking news, my birthday is coming up in less than ten weeks. If, and only if, I maintain my binge-free status until then, it will be the best birthday/Christmas gift ever. (Yes, I am a teeny bit vain & self-absorbed, which is probably why I can't stop obsessing over my big, fat, distended belly. And no, I'm not pregnant.)

Elizabeth, thanks for the encouragement. (They read, too! They're just like us!)

Take care, everyone!
Old 10-26-2006, 04:41 AM   #18  
trouble

S/C/G: 240/219/160

Height: 5'4

19 days total now! this is sweet.... now that it's like a game/challenge, i think this is the longest since highschool i've gone without a binge

ladies, thanks so much for keeping me motivated, on track, and challenging me
Old 10-26-2006, 04:56 AM   #19  

Hi everyone

Been doing other things for a while - but I'd like to get back to this group. I haven't been bingeing much but I need to quit it altogether!!!
Old 10-26-2006, 05:28 AM   #20  
On my way...

Height: 5,4 ft

uhhh, I am here....

I proclaimed to be healthy yesterday- just to wake up feeling dizzy and weak today. Anyway.

Eating behaviour is more or less ok. I eating more snack- things than I should and I eat not enough "reasonable" meals. Mostly due to the fact the I am donīt want to prepare a lot.

ellis: I hope you are feeling better today!

sweat_pea: Welcome back !!

Tisha: I looked at your ticker a few days ago and realized that you accomplished your first short term goal! Congratulations!!

ceejay52: Ok, forget about it and move on! You can do it!

isthatreallyme: 19 days binge free!! That īs great,

elizabeth28:Uh, a Birthday- challenge!! I guess such challenges can help some of us- and I guess itīs not vain if you want to be the best looking person on your party...(Itīs my party and I am thin if i want to, thin if i want to....).
I am personally not sure if setting a date for weight loss is too much pressure for me or not. Anyway, my Doc set my a very ambitious weight goal for Christmas and I have a pair of very tiny skinny trouser which I want to be able to wear around Christmas.....

missindy: Ok, you messed it up yesterday, but you will do great today!

Ok, enough from me for the moment. I guess I am going back to bed....

Kate
Old 10-26-2006, 08:49 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 255/226/165

I need to be binge free! I am so out of control. I am consistent on exercising and I can spend most of the day eating healthy but then I get to the pm and totally lose it. I just start eating and can't seem to stop. Starting tonight I'm going to start working a craft project and hopefully that will keep my hands busy.
Old 10-26-2006, 12:55 PM   #22  
Elizabeth

S/C/G: 233/158/145

Height: 5'6

Hi Everybody!

I had another GOOD day yesterday! WOOHOO! 2 binge-free days in a row!

mikelli~Congrats on being consistent on exercising! That is something to feel really good about!!!!

I felt the SAME way a couple of days ago...."out of control". If I did it (locked up my binge beast) YOU can do it! Great idea on starting a craft to keep busy! I crafts! What kind of crafts do you do? Good luck!

Kate~
hope you're feeling better!

sweetpea~Hey! Long time, no hear! I'm SO glad that you're doing well! Please keep posting & staying binge-free!

isthatreallyme~19 days binge free!!!!!FANTASTIC!!! Keep up the good work!!!

elizabeth~You DESERVE a wonderful birthday/xmas gift the gift of being binge-free!!! I KNOW you can do this!

ceejay~welcome back! 7 days binge-free is GREAT! You can do this again.....and even MORE! Together, we are ALL STRONGER !!!! Good luck!

Ellis~I hope you're having a good day!
Old 10-26-2006, 08:31 PM   #23  

this is day 2 for me.

isitreallyme--wow 19 days of being binge free. That's great.
Old 10-27-2006, 02:53 AM   #24  

S/C/G: 145/137/120

End of Day#4!!!

Kate, I love the 'birthday challenge' idea, and you're right, perhaps vanity has little to do with it all. But I'm too sleepy to over-analyze right now, so we'll just have to delve into it some other time... I will say this: Ideally, I'd like for weight-loss to be more of a side effect than a goal; my goal, I'd like to think, is to first & foremost not be affected by negative thoughts, and in the process of doing so, develop new habits. Also: I'd like to fit into my jeans.

Elizabeth, just thought I'd let you know that I also deserve a new laptop, a mini cooper & lots & lots of foreign stock. See what you can do.

Here's to day #5.

Stay tough, everyone!!
Old 10-27-2006, 08:25 AM   #25  

Height: 5'-2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by elizabeth28 View Post
...Yes, I am a teeny bit vain & self-absorbed,
Join the club, Elizabeth.
And thank you... you DID make me feel better.
A birthday challenge is a great idea. You CAN fit into those jeans!

mikelli, I hear you. I'm doing so well with my exercising, but I'm gaining weight because my eating is right out of control. I'm in that frame of mind where I think I can eat anything because I'm burning a few extra calories a week.

Elizabeth1 (may I call you that? heh heh), congratulations on getting back on track!! I'm so glad for you... you're such a cheerleader for the rest of us.

Kate, you're still sick... you poor love. You're having a rough time with this, aren't you. I hope today is better than yesterday, and that this "bug" clears up soon!

Ceejay, YAY!! You're back on track!! So glad you were able to move on.

Sweet_pea, welcome back, hon.

isthatreallyme, keep it up, girl!!!

missindy, how are you doing, hon?

Jodi, where are you?
Harpo, ditto!

I'm off to the gym. And I am GOING to eat properly today!!
Good luck to all of us!
Old 10-27-2006, 12:29 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 255/226/165

Yes I am gaining (I was hoping that it was my TOM). I did have a big lost (10lbs.) in 3 weeks but I think that I have gained back 5 of those lbs. So then my natural pattern is to sabatoge myself and eat and eat.
But today is a new day so far I have been a picture of good health. I am going to spend the weekend with a renewed commitment. I have already decided that I am not going out to dinner (a big weekness for me) and I am going to stay home and try some low-fat healthy recipies. I have never done any different recipies before it is always plain chicken with salad or along those lines. So this weekend I am going to be and angel and stay the course!
Old 10-27-2006, 11:23 PM   #27  

Back to square one. Ugh
Old 10-28-2006, 07:44 AM   #28  

Height: 5'-2"

CeeJay, big hugs, sweetie... Today is a new day. Dig deep... you know you've got the strength to do this.

Kelli, me, too! I bought a new cookbook this week (actually, I got it at a second-hand store... Anne Lindsay's The Lighthearted Cookbook), and I'm going to try some new recipes this weekend.
I'm glad you had a good day, yesterday!

I had a pretty good day. Not great, but much better. I dropped a couple of the pounds I've put on. Now if I can just get the thought of, "I'm losing weight... now I can eat anything I want!" out of my head...

I hope everyone else is staying the course!
Old 10-28-2006, 08:59 AM   #29  

I'm going to my aunts and uncles today so there won't be much of a binge today. Here's to day 1
Old 10-28-2006, 02:54 PM   #30  
Elizabeth

S/C/G: 233/158/145

Height: 5'6

Hi Everybody!

I've been doing well, keepin that bingey locked securely in his cage! YAY! Yesterday, it was close....I started to eat mindlessly, but I actually stopped before a binge. That's a really GOOD feeling...to start and be able to stop. Especially when the food tastes SOOOOO good! I wasn't even hungry until I tried the first bite. Then, I was STARVING! Does this happen to anyone else??!?!?! It can be a problem when I cook, cause I gotta taste it (quality assurance ) and then it seems to wake up my bingey.

ceejay~Good luck on staying binge-free! I won't binge in "front" of people so going to someone's house does help.

Ellis~ You, my dear sweet Ellis, can call me anything you'd like! Elizabeth1 is ok, I also respond to Liz, Beth , Hey you....... "Pretty good days" are AWESOME!!! AND you lost some weight?!??!?! AND you went to the gym?!?!? WOOOHHOOOOOOHOOOHOO!
WTG! You CAN do this!

mikelli~I gained 8lbs this time for TOM. TOM is pure evil Sometimes it takes me a week after to lose the weight. GOOD for you.....staying in to cook a healthy meal! Good luck for the weekend!

Elizabeth28~ You have a great attitude! BRAVO for banishing the negative thoughts and for not considering weight loss your primary goal! Yep, you DO deserve ALL of the things you mentioned.........and more! When I win the lottery you'll get all of them!

Kate~I hope you're feeling better! sending you
Closed Thread