Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 10-12-2006, 10:25 AM   #1  
Want the old me back

S/C/G: 190/182/160

Height: 5 7"

Default Help Wanted......

I can honestly and openly say the I binge. I am very much an emotional eater which causes me to overeat and of course the eating makes me even more angry and depressed. I would say that I finally understand the situation. Months ago I joined WW and was doing great...lost 17lbs. Well my last weigh in for WW was the beginning of August and today I am back to where I started all because of binging!!!!! I went through a couple of rough months with a family situation and put every pound back on. Since late last week, I promised myself I would get this under control and was doing awesome, except last night I got a phone call that really upset me and this morning I want to eat again...or should I say have eaten again.

I is so important to me that I get back to my healthy self that I was 3 years ago. I don't want to be a size 6, I just want to be healthy and feel comfortable in my skin again. I am going on vacation in 4 months and I have promised myself I will be back in control

I love the fact that I found this board to share my thoughts and struggles that we all face on a daily basis.
ACharron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 10:30 AM   #2  
It's working this time!

S/C/G: 235/212/175

Height: 5' 1.5"

Smile

Well, you're on the right track. You'll get a lot of great support on this site, that's for sure!!!

Best wishes and good luck on your journey.

Tisha___ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 11:57 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 307/172/153.5 (half of SW)

Height: 5'8''

to our forum!!!! I glad you found us!! Make yourself right at home

Join us on our journal, binge free challenge, and exercise challenge threads!!
HarpoChicoGroucho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 12:34 PM   #4  

Height: 5'-2"

Welcome, Andrea!
ellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 02:52 PM   #5  

I know how you feel. I have joined and rejoined WW a few times over the years. Sometimes I quit after thinking I was in control. Other times I quit because I could not stop the binge eating. I would lose weight only to regain the weight I had loss. I have recommitted again to WW and this time I am sticking with the program. I cannot fool myself to think I will ever be 100% in control of my binge eating. The best we all can do for ourselves is not to give up. Each day is hard but each day we can make things better.
littlebumblebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 02:16 PM   #6  
KaCe

S/C/G: 243/201/160

Height: 5'-4"

Thumbs up

I, like you, feel the need for help. I understand the feeling of wanting control and not having the discipline to do it. I MUST think of what I am now trying to do as a "life change". I can NOT think of it as a diet. It is about getting healthy. I know that to be healthy I must not eat chocolate desserts, refined white flour and sugar. these items trigger a mode that causes me, too, to binge and not be able to satisify the "inner hunger" the "cravings" that these foods promote in me.

For me there is no single cookie; small cup of ice cream or one slice of cake. I'll keep at it... nibbling indecernable servings until the whole thing is gone. I get so mad at myself and then the feelings rush in that I did what I did and deserve what I am.

Now I am trying to self-talk. I tell myself that everyone over eats occasionally and that to stop is the key. I must be able to put on the breaks. To end the binge. What can I do not to do it again. I know all the platitudes that say "take a bath", "set a timer", "substitue a good food", etc. But I can almost see the angel on one shoulder and the devil on the other and they argue until I get tired of fighting it a eat something. Sometimes it IS the apple or veggie, but when it is the "forbidden fruit" it has such a negative effect on my moral and resolve. Why doesn't making the right choice strengthen with the same power as making the wrong one weakens? I sure wish I knew that answer.

I am not used to posting and may not find my way back here, but I'll try. The board is still confusing to me.

I wish you good luck in regaining your resolve and you should know that you are NOT alone. That your struggles are shared by many and that your choices, good or bad, are also shared. I guess I wrote to help myself to be conscience of what I am doing. That message is also for you. If you eat be conscience of eating. Make it what you're doing. Live it. The worst eating is when I don't even remember how many cookies I had, or that I ate something at all. Live the moment that you're eating. Maybe that will help us to not over eat, to stop, to regain control. Good luck.
boogieboardingmamma is offline   Reply With Quote