Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 10-02-2006, 05:40 PM   #1  

Default Success.. and then....?

I am sure that I am not the only one that has gone through this, but I have for the first time had 3 weeks of being binge-free! This is such an accomplishment for me, but recently, I have been noticing that even though I have not binged how I used to, I find myself having a little extra here and there, and even eating when I am not hungry. Though it is only fruit, or something that I consider to be within my diet restrictions, it is so frustrating. Any ideas?
chelsea008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 05:57 PM   #2  
It's working this time!

S/C/G: 235/212/175

Height: 5' 1.5"

Smile

Right now, I'm eating every three hours. It's TOTALLY helped me to stay with this. I'm never really hungry. And when I am hungry, or I am having a craving, I know that in 30 minutes - 1 hour - whatever, I'll be able to eat either one of my three meals or three snacks for the day.

I don't think I would have stuck with this for this many days (only 14, but it's a big accomplishment for me!) if I had been doing it any other way.

Tisha___ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 07:47 PM   #3  

S/C/G: Slow but steady

Height: 5' 11"

Hey, someone on this website was talking to me the other day and told me about our body fighting itself, so to speak. She said that after your body loses 7% or a set amount, it realizes, "hey, she is losing weight...there must be a famine." and you will have weird hunger, strong hunger, lower metabolism...the whole bit...your body will pull out all the stops to get you to stop losing weight. So just keep that in mind and know that you can over come it and that it is a normal part of the weight loss process. 3 weeks without binging is great. Stay strong and stay focused, you can over come, what i refer to as, my primal body fighting my new age body.
Get n healthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006, 05:16 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 218/207/155

Height: 5'7"

I'm in the same boat. Binge free for about 4 months. Have I eaten more than I should have on a few occasions? yes. BUT It has not led me into an all out binge. Anyway, point is, yes I do munch on something every few hours. I keep sunflower seeds handy - they are LIFESAVERS. Propel water instead of diet soda (havent had diet soda in months). South beach bars, weight watcher bars, trail mix. Yes, maybe not the most nutritious, BUT handy and they satisfy the cravings and keep me focused until meal time.
mammasita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006, 07:58 AM   #5  

Height: 5'-2"

Chelsea, congratulations!
Yes, it's easy to slip back into bad habits. Do you think you really might be hungry? What if you allowed yourself some of your daily calories for some of that fruit as a snack?
ellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 06:45 AM   #6  

Default Thanks all

Thanks for the help! I think that I am going to munch on more fruits, and therefore allow myself a few more calories than I have been. Maybe then I won't feel so restricted. Thanks again! {yay.. 23 days }
chelsea008 is offline   Reply With Quote