Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 08-25-2006, 08:43 PM   #1  

S/C/G: Slow but steady

Height: 5' 11"

Unhappy I blew it

Well i had such a great week. I lost 2.4 pounds. It was weigh in day, so i always have a "splurge" meal.

I could just cry. That splurge breakfast, turned into a splurge lunch, which turned into a binge for dinner. What the heck? I am so disappointed in myself right now. I havent even recorded my calories today. I dont even want to know. Is it better to count them, see the actual damage i have done, and be done with it or dont count it and leave today as a failure and move on?

I wont exercise today, whats the point, i already blew it.

I dont know why i allow myself that one meal when i know it will ruin my whole day. I even ate stuff i didnt even want. Now here i sit with my stomach feeling bloated and my body feeling like i let it down.

Tomorrow I will be back on it with a vengence...but that doesnt change the damage i did today. I have been on track doing well for 6 weeks. My idea of a splurge for the past 6 weeks has been a 1600 calorie day...today i probably had that for lunch. Boo hoo. Shame, shame, shame on me. Hopefully i will remember this feeling next friday.
Get n healthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2006, 09:15 PM   #2  
I will achive my goals!!!

S/C/G: 285.5/280.5/175

Height: 5'5

Talking

I'm with you Get n healthy, I did the same thing i splurged big time today, i ate a normal breakfast, but when it came to lunch time i really went over board, but i ate very little tonight. I'm on the atkins, so i didn't eat any carbs for dinner just my protein...I just hope i didn't ruin my progress when step on my scales tuesday morning...Good luck, and stay positive, will make it through this i belive in us, we're gonna kick some fat right off of us and laugh at the fat lady in us, let her know we can do this, the skinny lady wants out and she is alot stronger and more determined to win then the fat lady..hahahaha

Brandy
Brandy1324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2006, 09:26 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 250/250/160

Height: 5ft.5"

Hi Stacy, please don't beat your self up. A long time ago I lost over 70lbs, so I know it can be done but due to an illness and near death exsperience caused me to gain nearly 100lbs. I have been trying to lose weight again for the last 5 months and all I have lost is 11 lbs but, this time will be different because you have to build your self up not down. Instead of telling your self your a failure because of one day you binged say at least I was good for the last 6 weeks!! Like me, I don't say I only lost 11 pounds in 5 months but, I say well I don't drink pepsi anymore, or eat fast foods, and I try not to eat after dinner when before I ate 2 dinners and a snack with all the pepsi I wanted despite the fact I am a diabetic. One day at a time that's all. your not a loser your a winner!!! keep pluging, you can do it!!
shoots-alot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2006, 11:06 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 175/158/140

Height: 5'7

Stacy Dear,
You already started a different hour because you are aware of what you did and won't do it again. Right?
Please be kind to yourself. Don't punish yourself for something that is already done. Every hour counts. Every minute of awareness counts.
You are a loving human being, you can make mistakes. It's okay.
Good idea to hold off exercise. Let your body rest.
HUGS XXXX
moonbeam65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2006, 11:19 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 170/166/150

Height: 5'8"

Hey,

The damage is not done. You had ONE bad day. We all have bad days. Just learn your lesson from this experience and keep moving foward.

I realize you posted this yesterday, but the next time this happens go ahead and exercise. You'll at least burn some calories and feel better afterwards. What hurts us the most is when we accept defeat because of one mistake or one off day.

Your stats say you are 5'11". I'm not sure what your exercise routine is, but if you find that you are hungry all the time it might be okay to up your daily calorie intake. This might prevent those cheat meals from becoming a day of binging.

BTW, I would also go ahead and count the calories so you can see the numbers for yourself. By hiding the truth it makes it all the more easier to give in to temptation or under-estimate what we've been eating. Seeing macros as clear as day will probably help prevent this from becoming a regular thing.

Anyway, I hope you're feeling better today.
Hale_Mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2006, 12:00 PM   #6  
Searching

Progress not perfection. And a good long walk after eating a lot always makes me feel better. Count the calories, its better to live an honest life. Also if you want to take one day badly than take it, but try to be kind enough to celebrate with as much vigor the days of good excercise and food.

I think someone already said it, Be kind and gentle with yourself, last time I checked we are all human.

ONE DAY AT A TIME!
Miss Chris
rochemist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2006, 12:52 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 261/191/160

Height: 5'8"

hugs!

Im with you! I was doing so well! I lost 6 pounds, I was feeling great and then I spent the last 3 days binging. I hopped on the scale this morning and almost died! I know it probably doesnt count, but I gained back everything I lost. I feel like a failure.
nymmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2006, 01:58 PM   #8  

Thank you all for being so supportive. Today is a whole new day and i am back on track. When i think about what i ate yesterday, it doesnt even feel like it was me, if that makes sense. today i would never even consider eating any of that. I feels good to be back where i should be. It is a comfort to know i am not the only one. I just keep telling myself, your not a failure because you fall, your a failure when you dont get back up.

NYMMY, isnt it crazy how quickly that scale will bite you. wish it responded that quickly when i had a good day. :-)
Old 08-27-2006, 09:53 AM   #9  

Height: 5'-2"

Stacy, I'm sorry I missed your post... I'm so glad you're feeling more positive today. It's amazing how our moods can swing so rapidly. Hang in there, hon, and have a great day. I know you can do this, because you're not giving up!
(and hey... it's okay to exercise, even when you've screwed up with your food. )
ellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2006, 07:37 PM   #10  

Thank you Ellis for the kind words. I am feeling so much more positive today. I had a great weekend, even if friday was a bust. I got on the scale today and i guess it wasnt as bad as my mind convinced me that it was. So i have 5 more days before my next weigh in so surely i can repair the damage by then.
Old 08-28-2006, 01:29 AM   #11  

Height: 5'8.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Get n healthy View Post

Tomorrow I will be back on it with a vengence...but that doesnt change the damage i did today.
Oh indeed it does! Just jump right back on the wagon and one day is not going to really hurt you all that much. Perhaps it will even serve as a reminder NEXT time you are tempted to blow it to look back and recall how it was so not worth it!

Hang in there.
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote