Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 08-20-2006, 09:15 PM   #1  

Default Hi all, new here

Hi, I am a compulsive over eater, I am a emotional eater...I am just an eater. I dont know if anyone read my intro post but my 7 yr old told me that she was embarrased by the fact that i am so big, but did that make me want to lose weight? Nope...made me want to eat the bag of cookies. I hav tried diet pills but hey , those dont work, If i only ate when i was hungry i wouldnt be fat, I can take diet pills and eat right along with them. Or I go on a diet and do good for a day...then i will eat a whole bag of candy. So anyone please help me, I want to lose weight but it is so hard
Neast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 06:34 AM   #2  
On my way...

Height: 5,4 ft

Not sure if I read your intro post....But your reaction sounds quite familiar (I guess for most compulsive overeater)!
It´s not helpful at all when I am saying this, but your reaction was so typical. Receive a bad comment about weight leads to embarassment- a "normal eater" would say "Ok, that was the STOP sign. I am losing weight now" (or something reasonable like that...or a normal person wouldn´t care about other peoples comment at all.....), a compulive overeater would feel bad and ashamed, that leads to overeating....

Does anyone know "The little prince" from Antoine de Saint-Exupéry? The story where the little prince meets the drunk?
(- Why are you drinking so much?
- I want to forget
- What do you want to forget?
- That I am ashamed
-Oh, why are you ashamed?
- Because I am a drunk)

Ok, I am rambling around here.....

Kate
Kate109 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 11:04 AM   #3  

Height: 5'-2"

Niki, welcome!

Excellent analogy from Kate. It's so true... this is a vicious circle.

Can you tell us a little about how you eat/exercise/etc?
We'd be glad to give you some help.
ellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 07:08 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 307/172/153.5 (half of SW)

Height: 5'8''

to our forum Losing weight when one is struggling with an ED is VERY hard, but not impossible. We've all lost our fair share of weight here. We might take a little longer than some of the others, but we NEVER GIVE UP. It's the spirit of our little group here. No matter how many times we have a rough day, our perseverance remains a force to be reckoned with.

Please post your profile in our CIC Profiles! thread stickied up at the top. Make yourself at home and post in our challenge and support threads.
HarpoChicoGroucho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 09:50 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 201/192/180

Height: 5 ft 11 in.

I can so relate to what you have said. I am new here too and even just a couple of days on here I can tell a difference in my attitude. I just hope it stays that way. I can go look in the mirror be totally disgusted with myself and then walk right into the kitchen and eat everything I can get my hands on. It is ridiculous. It is like the lower I feel about myself the more I eat and you would think it would be the opposite.
whirleygirl25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 01:04 PM   #6  
Lose that Baby Weight!

S/C/G: 172/154/125

Height: 5'2

Neast you have come to the right place. Losing weight takes work and commitment, but support can coach you through it, and I hope we all can be your support! Welcome
Stephanie Osborne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006, 06:35 PM   #7  

Well I have been on a diet for 3 days with NO binging!!!
Neast is offline   Reply With Quote