Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 08-08-2006, 10:50 AM   #16  

Angiepants, what a great post and thanks for the veggie Big Mac recipe.

Most fast food places should have a skull and crossbones flag flying to indicate poison within.

Like Angie, I am a vegetarian with strong vegan tendencies. It is amazing how healthy you can become eating like this.

A tip for those of you trying to break the fast food addiction: Eat at Subway instead. Get a veggie delight on a whole wheat roll, hold the mayo and cheese. This sandwich is under 250 calories and is very filling. Just don't order a soda, a cookie and a bag of potato chips to go with it!

We are stronger than the food chemists who forumlate the fast food poison. We don't have to let them win.

Be brave! Be strong!

-Celery
celery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 11:41 AM   #17  
Dreamy Eyed

S/C/G: 210/210/160

Height: 5'5

Man this is going to be tough. Someone above just mentions Breakfast Bagels and I instantly got a craving and my mind starting thinking how I could get one....good thing its 11:40 and breakfast isn't being served anymore....

I am going to fight this demon its not healthy for me and its keeping me from losing the weight that I so want to lose.

So far 24 hours without fastfood or soda.....
PumpkinPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 03:19 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 215/209/150

Height: 5'6

I just wanted to add that recently I have started bringing a salad for lunch, and everyone comments on how good it looks---even though they are sitting there eating fast food - which I am dying for.

But like you, I am taking it one day at a time. But for me I feel even worse because my kids are conditioned to eating FF 2Xs a week too.....this is habit that I must break.

Pam
pmteub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 12:21 AM   #19  
CURVY VIXEN

S/C/G: 205/194/128

Height: 5'2''

I still go to mcdonalds, but when I do I get a grilled asian chicken salad. I love it. I have cut out entirely all of the 'junk' part of past foods. At wendy's I get a chili, not the best but not too shaby either. I feel alittle fast food makes me want it more.
purplepansy912 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 12:57 AM   #20  

I am cured of fast food.....alot of it for me was the guilt that I was letting my kids eat at those places usually once every week or two. NOT anymore...if you ask my eight year old she will tell you....Mcdonalds is a once in awhile food! when I do give in once every six months or so it is ice cream or fries for her.

great post!

Liz
liz321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 09:50 AM   #21  
Pending Email Confirmation

S/C/G: 191.4

Talking

Maybe taking baby steps is the answer.

Try to go one meal without fast foods, then two, then a day, etc.

Soon you will be able to go a whole week without any
Philosopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 12:22 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 272/ticker/200

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarpoChicoGroucho
Watching Supersize actually didn't turn me off fast food It made me want to go get a double cheeseburger.
Oh gosh, same here. I watched it with my mom and sister first, then once in my health class. Immediately my friend brittany goes, "I want a fish sandwich from mcdonalds." LOL. It takes a LOT to disgust me, i guess.

I guess i dont have a problem with fast food just because im always with my mom. Cant gorge myself when im around other people. Actually, i probably wouldnt anyway. Surprisingly i can get something moderately healthy and be fine with it. Thats one advantage i have.

Last edited by cardsfan2009; 08-10-2006 at 12:27 PM.
cardsfan2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 12:25 PM   #23  

S/C/G: xmas start wt: 156

I started out going to Subway. I kept saying that's my fast food place. Now that I haven't been to McD's etc REGULARLY (I was going to those type places A LOT) in a while, I don't want it as much. Have I eaten it? Yes, I have in a pinch but I eat MUCH smaller amounts like kids happy meal or something when I go. I get my taste for fries without binging on it.
DeafinlySmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 11:58 AM   #24  
Dreamy Eyed

S/C/G: 210/210/160

5 days NO FAST FOOD!!!
PumpkinPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 12:16 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 185/123/120

Quote:
Originally Posted by PumpkinPrincess
5 days NO FAST FOOD!!!
Great Job keep up the good work. Pretty soon you won't even
want it anymore.

Lovestorun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 01:51 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 332/302/125

Height: 5'6

That's awesome!!!!! keep it up!!!
angiepants78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 02:47 PM   #27  
Slow and Steady

My mouth is watering just reading this thread! Mention "cheeseburger or fries" and I am hungry for them.

One of my tricks for avoiding fast food now is to imagine the amount of germs that are being transferred to my food by the workers and how dirty the kitchen must be. I'm sure most places are clean, but this imagery is something that helps me to avoid fast food like the plague (so to speak ) being that I am a moderate germophobe (thus one of my many reasons for my user name "Quirky1", lol). I swear that when I stay away from fast food in the winter time, I don't get the flu.

Another thing I like to remind myself is that *I am in an all-out war with these greedy fast food companies*. They don't care if my health is ruined or if I become morbidly obese eating their stuff. They don't care one bit about me or my family. They have no worries about my quality of life or if my children grow up motherless due to me dying from the complications of obesity. Their bottom line is profit (which I realize is what makes the business world go 'round). I have to be the one to take control and love myself enough to take care of me. I will resist their evil products! I will no longer support their business.

Anyway, off my soapbox now.

Keep up the great work PumpkinPrincess! You can do it!

Last edited by Quirky1; 08-11-2006 at 02:57 PM.
Quirky1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 04:34 PM   #28  

S/C/G: S:157/C:121/G:125

Height: 5'4"

I also think of fast food places as "dirty". When people go to real chef school once of the primary things they learn is cleanliness and keeping food safe and in order. Their reputation and future career depends on it. Having worked in the fast food industry as a teenager, I know that not everyone there is extremely dedicated to cleanliness. It's been years since I've eaten fast food.
Tara D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2006, 11:36 AM   #29  

S/C/G: 265/156/143

Height: 177 cm (5ft10in)

hmm there really arent fast food restaurants where I live. I think there is a mcdonalds if I take the train for 30 minutes into the main town in my prefecture. Im kind of glad there are no fast food restaurants in my town though, I can't buy what isnt here.

I have also felt ashamed when I have eaten at restaurants when I go to the bigger cities because I feel like everybody is judging me. That I shouldnt be eating things because Im so fat.
lewelaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2006, 02:48 PM   #30  

Yes, I would say I was addicted to fast food...I would HAVE to have it alot of the time...and when sitting down to eat it I would feel all anxious waiting for it; it was like a drug for me. While I ate it I felt GREAT...then a bit later I'd be so depressed. Each time I probably ate about 2x what a normal order would be. I had a breakdown to my guy about some foods (fast food) having a hold on me and I felt like I was slowly killing myself with it (I ate about 2000 per visit there....) so my guy and I decided I should go "cold-turkey". That was 12 weeks ago, and I don't regret it...haven't had a bite of fast food (or chips or chocolate bars!) since then...I do still crave it off and on, but I know I made the right choice. Good luck with battling your fast food demon - it's worth the work! ...Congrats on your 1st 5 days....it get's eaiser, too!

Melissa
Vilandra485 is offline   Reply With Quote