Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Closed Thread

Old 06-19-2006, 02:42 AM   #1  

Default Binge-free week: June 19th start

Am I allowed to start one of these threads? If not, I don't mind if this is moved/changed/deleted/etc. But if it's ok, then I'll start it.

Our third son, Evan Dane, came on Friday, June 9th via C-section. He is gorgeous. I love him so much.

He's a strong, happy boy and a good little nurser.

C-sections are tough! But I know we made the right decision. (My other two sons were vaginal.)

My DH is home these two weeks to help with everything, thank god, b/c at first I could barely shuffle around, but now it's 10 days later and I'm getting my groove back.

Weight: I've lost 26 lbs. so far since the birth, which must be water. I haven't binged since the day before I checked in for my C-section. This is a record for me...it's been 11 days. I have days where I've eaten "more" and days where I've eaten "less" but no "eat until I'm numb" days.

I made a ticker going down to my pre-preg. w/Colin weight, not pre-preg. with Evan (this pregnancy), even though that makes my goal a lot farther away. But to be realistic, that's really where I want to be. I just never got back down there between my two pregnancies.

Here's to a binge-free week!
Old 06-19-2006, 04:20 AM   #2  
On my way...

Height: 5,4 ft

Hi!

MyThreeTots:
I can it´s ok to that you started the new binge free thread. Anyway, I am in.
And your baby boy is sooo cute!! Congratulations!

Now to something not so cute and less important: my report from binge free battles. I made it binge free and ok yesterday, breakfast today was good but I have to think of another breakfast option. I can´t stand that stuff anymore.....

It´s getting hot here today. So naturally I have to go to University. That means 3 hours bus and train. Without air condition. So I decided to wear a skirt and a sleeveless top. I am not so comfortable with that (THEY can see my legs!! My upper arms!!Oh my.... ), but it´s better than melting I think.
And my favorite summer trouser slowly fades away- in the real meaning of the word. I will bring them back to the shop. I admitt that I have fat tights, but it´s not ok that a trouser is destroyed after a few weeks. No, no.

I hope everyone is having a nice day with some binge free time!

Kate
Old 06-19-2006, 05:24 AM   #3  

i have to admit i thought of starting the thread as i am a day ahead of most of you and it's weird for me when i am a week out of synch

3tots - congrats on the birth!!!

kate - you worry too much Dr Phil has a saying. You wouldn't worry so much about what other people think of you if you knew how rarely they think about you

something like that. in other words people aren't looking at your body or noticing and anyway it's not important!

Last edited by sweet_pea; 06-19-2006 at 05:55 AM.
Old 06-19-2006, 08:38 AM   #4  
New Beginning, New ME!

S/C/G: 162/133/125

Height: 5'4"

im in this week! and OMG that is the cutest lil baby...Congrats MyThreeTots!!!!!!

WTG on the binge free!

I WILL do better this week...I am armed and dangerous (healthy foods in the house )

lets have a great week ladies!!
Old 06-19-2006, 08:58 AM   #5  

Height: 5'-2"

I'm rushing out the door... back later... Mel, your baby is SO beautiful!

Old 06-19-2006, 11:09 AM   #6  
Caden's Mommy

Height: 5'7

3Tots - how precious - congratulations!

made it through the weekend and was pretty successful...I had a bit of a mini-binge on Saturday with baby carrots...but i'll take that over chips any day!

DH and I went to my parents' house for lunch yesterday for Father's day and I did really well - it's always a struggle going over there because I tend to get the munchies...it's so mental...it's like in my mind that since this is a family gathering, the calories don't count and the scale won't respond to how poorly i eat...wrong! but i felt really good about the choices i made

today should be ok - lunch is in an hour and then i will be in an all-afternoon meeting. snacks will be provided but i'm pretty sure there will be some healthy stuff to snack on...otherwise i'll make sure my fruit/veggies are available to have
Old 06-19-2006, 01:47 PM   #7  
Elizabeth

S/C/G: 233/158/145

Height: 5'6

Hi Everybody!

I'm in for the challenge! Last week wasn't too great, but this week WILL be better!

My3tots~
Congratulations! Your baby is gorgeous!

Kate~WTG on being binge free!
You're smart to dress "cool" and be comfortable. What I usually do is dress in layers. I wear a tank top covered by a thin button up shirt. When it gets hot I just take off the outer layer. Then, if I go in somewhere and the ac is FREEZING I can just put my outer shirt back on.

Emily~Excellent job on staying good over the weekend! woohoo! A mini binge on ?!?!
If you had to binge on something, that's one of the best things to binge on!

Good luck and lots of to everyone!
Old 06-19-2006, 02:03 PM   #8  

I'm not here (having a little binge), but I didn't want to be rude.

Mel, you or anyone can start a thread anytime! I am only an ogre on occasion.
I'm glad you've got your DH home for two weeks. That's very supportive. Yeah, it's pretty hard to get around after a c-section, eh? I had two. After the second one, DH had to bring our bed down to the main floor, because I couldn't walk up the stairs.
Be good to yourself, sweetie, and get as much help as you can from others.

Kate, I know I said this before, but I just love your accent. I can "hear you talking".
Sweet_pea is right... everyone is so concerned about how THEY look, that no one is looking. I'll bet you looked great in your skirt and top. And you were cool! I wore pants and a black top when I walked downtown (1 hour walk) this morning, and I was SO hot!

Emily, I'm glad you did well yesterday! I agree... family gatherings are like a free-for-all with the food.

Elizabeth, let's have a good week! I'm with you... last week wasn't bad, but this week is going to be GREAT!!
Old 06-19-2006, 02:11 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 307/172/153.5 (half of SW)

Height: 5'8''

A congratulations. . . Your baby is beautiful, MTT. I'm jealous.

Anyways, is this a new week already?? Man do these weeks fly by. Hey, I had a good week last week, I didn't GAIN any weight. I maintained, which hasn't happened in a long time.
Old 06-19-2006, 03:03 PM   #10  

Ouch Ellis, two C's? The things we do to bring our children healthily into the world...but there is nothing like being a mom, is there? They are so worth it. Did it take you long to get back to normal duties? I just did laundry for the first time since my C. Every day is a new milestone.

Anyway, just giving a "good morning" shout out to all the girlies...we can do this! (Non-bingeing, I mean!)
Old 06-19-2006, 03:30 PM   #11  
Lesley

S/C/G: 277/262/150

My3Tots: He is just beautiful. I think I might have said it in three different threads now but anyway he is!!! hehe Blah C-Sections! My best friend had one and she was walking around by a week later but wasn't really back to herself completely until about 6 weeks later. I hope it doesn't take you as long! Isn't that huge drop in weight after you have them a great feeling!!!

Kate: I have to agree with everyone else. I'm sure you looked great! I know that feeling when you think everyone is staring at you! I just hate it! How hot is it there? Its like 90ish here! I made a huge mistake going hiking in Jeans! What was I thinking?!

Sweat Pea: I really must read that book! It just takes me putting aside my distaste for its author!

Emily: I know the feeling! My mother in law is bad anyway cause she insists that you finish everything she has cooked or she acts like her feelings are all hurt!!! Drives me nuts! Fortunatly she lives in Denmark so I don't see her that often!

Elizabeth: Yay for you jumping back on the horse! Its always hard when you have a troublesome week!

I'm in! Last week wasn't too bad either here. Although the weekend was a strrrrruggle! I had to up my calorie count I was apparently trying to lose weight too fast and my computer program kept lowering my calories per day! This morning it was 1400 and I'm nursing so that is like WAY too low. I pushed my minigoal back a week and it uped it to 2100 which is MUCH more managable. Plus DH and I are gonna be doing walking and I wanna start weight lifting this week!
Old 06-19-2006, 04:17 PM   #12  

hi everyone
i'm rushing out the door. have to go into court for a legal case. we are having a settlement conference to see if the other side want to offer any money (not likely). a bit stressed out and i am procrastinating about getting ready

i still have diarrhoea and flatulence big time. a bit worried about sitting in a room with other people - how will i control it EEEEEK

actually i loathe reading Dr Phil's books but some of his tv shows are good. used to be very good but these days i don't like him at all. he's really an entertainer rather than a psychologist. i'd love to hve my own tv show and tell people how to run their lives
Old 06-19-2006, 04:54 PM   #13  

ScooterGirl, how old is your little boy?

SweatPea, I'm sorry you're sick. I hope you feel better.
Old 06-19-2006, 05:05 PM   #14  

Sweet_pea, nothing keeps me away from food more than reading about your stomach problems!
I hope you get through the meeting okay, hon!

Mel, my first c-section was an emergency (I wasn't dilating, cord was wrapped around my daughter's neck, etc), and my second one looked to be going the same way, so I chose to play it safe.
It didn't take me long to get back to normal with the first. But I gained 80 pounds with my second (he was unexpected... we thought we couldn't have anymore, I'd lost weight and was feeling good, we'd sold/given away our baby stuff, and then BANG!) because I was terribly depressed, and it took me a LONG time to recover from that.
Okay, I'm still recovering.
Oh, and my sister had to have a c-section last year, and she lost the weight right away and looks and feels better than ever.
You'll bounce back in no time, hon.
Old 06-20-2006, 03:32 AM   #15  

thank you all for your sympathy. to be honest i don't deserve it. it;s completely my fault for eating total crap. i did try to be good on sunday but i spent the day with someone and he gets offended when he brings me food and i don't eat it. of course it was all sugar and fat junkfood. i kept saying no but in the end the pressure got to me so i ate the foods that completely destroy my innards and make my diarrhoea worse. i just find it so hard when people pressure you to eat their food to bond with them. esp when it is a king sized portion of something totally unhealthy. it happens all the time where you say no and they just keep pushing it on me literally every few minutes. it becomes easier to say yes.

I am totally exhausted. I woke every 2 hours last night. I guess I had too much water as I kept waking to go to the toilet. And then of course I had an early start (by my standards) to get into the lawyer’s office for today’s settlement conference. That was pretty draining. It’s a lot of arguing and you have to keep your wits about you. also at one of the breaks the judge said that he felt that their case was better than ours and tried to push for settlement. It was very emotional having to think about it and make immediate decisions on such a large amount of money when I have my lawyer saying we have a good case and the judge saying he has doubts. Very big turmoil and stress. emotionally draining. i ended up eating total crap today so it was disastrous in that respect

scooter it sounds like you are being sensible recognising when your calorie count is way too low. it's a common "mistake" people make and starving your body rebounds badly as your body reacts by slowing down the metabolism

i have to say no c-section or hours of labour - that's why i love my furkids. they are much better for my body. and they force me to exercise
Closed Thread