3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Chicks in Control (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-control-64/)
-   -   Binge-free Week May 15th Start (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-control/84358-binge-free-week-may-15th-start.html)

ellis 05-15-2006 07:20 AM

Binge-free Week May 15th Start

Here's to another binge-free week/day/whatever you've got in you. :carrot:

justjodi 05-15-2006 08:33 AM

count me in, last week was good for me 5 binge free days out of the 7. going for at least that this week too.

calling harpo and jay?? are you out of town on business or something?? if not please check in with us!!

have a great week everyone!!

2frustrated 05-15-2006 09:07 AM

:wave: I'm going to try and make it 2 weeks in a row!!!!

However next weekend we're visiting the parents :eek: Never a good time for good eating! :eek: BUT mum is doing SW sooooo I shall try very very hard to put my inner rebelious child to sleep and let sensible me take over the eating front! :lol:

Rocker Chick 05-15-2006 10:52 AM

Hey you guys! I'm happy I clicked on this thread! I've just started OA and I am 13 days (today will be 14) binge free! This is the hardest thing I've ever done, but I'm glad I'm doing it. Keep up the great work you guys!:hug:

telemetrynurse 05-15-2006 04:48 PM

:wave: Hi everybody!

I just got back from a trip to Chicago! It's a great city, but the weather was yucko! It rained everyday and there were record low temps---lowest in over 100 years! (I'm from the south so anything less than 50 degrees is a FREEZE!) And I figured out why Chicago is known as the "windy city".

I was really worried that just tasting my trigger foods would turn me into a binge machine. I made it without bingeing once!!! :carrot: :cb:

I did, however, eat foods I shouldn't :devil: I must say that I really, really enjoyed eating some "forbidden" foods. Until I got home and faced the scale :o

I got home and jumped on the scale and almost fainted! :faint:
I was up 8lbs in 5 days!!! :fr: I know it's impossible to gain that much fat:ink: that quickly so I blame the sodium! :p

So, I'm back on track and looking forward to a great binge-free week!!!!
I hope everyone's having a good week!:grouphug:

HarpoChicoGroucho 05-15-2006 05:56 PM

ooops, I've been busy!! Sorry to make you worry Jodi!! Okay last week was a washup (I think I only managed 2 binge free days), but I'm back this week!! I've recommitted to plan and exercise, and I will be binge free.

Good luck everyone!!!

BelleDeJour 05-15-2006 06:08 PM

Hi everyone!

I never thought I'd being looking forward to a monday, but I'm thankful to have a fresh week to start over with. This my second day of healthy eating since the great soup binge of 2006;) .

2frustrated: I can relate to your willpower stuggle with food atyour parents' house. It seems like I always eat the most when I'm around friends/family!

bigfatty: Congratulations on 14 days of no binges. You are a definate role model for all of us!

telemetry: Aaah sodium! Don't worry, I'm sure those 8 pounds are just water weight. I know salt makes me puff up like a little dumpling.

And to everyone else, take care and have a marvelous week! :flow2:

justjodi 05-15-2006 07:54 PM

glad to see you harpo! you sound very positive and determined let's have a good week girl!!

jayrobella 05-15-2006 08:49 PM

ok guys--i'm in. today was, well, just ok. I had a group meeting over lunch and they picked a buffet--poor me :) but I ate too much--not way too much cuz i was eating in public, but still more than I needed. And then I had ****--DH made it for mothers day, and then ***** for dinner--ordered it for my son and his friend. blech. you see how excuses fuel my day? This is one of the benefits of writing this kind of stuff down. I wouldn't have normally come to the conclusion that I was making excuses for overeating all day. hmmm... Tomorrow--no excuses.

What do you guys do to get more vegetables in? There are times I go days with no vegetables. Any tricks?

*j

ellis 05-15-2006 09:27 PM

Hey, darlin's. How the heck is everyone? :wave:

Still not binging. I don't know what's wrong with me lately. :?:

Jay, I'm with you re: veggies.
Some people will be sick of hearing this, but I've taken to roasting mine. :D Potatoes (mini white ones sweet potatoes), sweet white onions, carrots, etc. Cut them up, put them in an ovenproof pan (I use my cast iron), stir them around with a tbsp of olive oil, a tbsp or so of rosemary, some salt and freshly ground pepper. Roast at 425 degrees for about 45 minutes. They're awesome.
You could also have a V-8. :)

Elizabeth, I'm so glad you had a good time AND enjoyed your forbidden foods. ;) :hug: That's just airplane weight, eh? I'll be gone by next week. :)

You're all doing great, girls... here's to another good day tomorrow! :hat:

Hungry2Live 05-16-2006 02:20 AM

I came scarily close to breaking my 19 day binge free record today.. I've been doing soo good brushing off temptation. But I dont know, today, I was just so discouraged. I weighed in and gained 1 pound from my last weigh in even though I haven't binged in over 2 weeks and have been exercising nearly everyday. I was at work and went to the kitchen and there was a big bag full of pan dulce (mexican sweet bread), an old favorite of my binges. anyway I opened the bag and tore a piece off one of them and ate it. Then left. Then came back later, tore another chunk off and ate it. I almost said "screw it" and just start binging but that voice in the back of my head was telling me not to mess this up..20 days binge free.. I just can't do it. So I didn't! I almost did not exercise today either, but you know what, I got off my butt and did it, after 10 pm too! but I just had to. whew! that was a close one!

Kate109 05-16-2006 05:40 AM

Hi everyone!

Oh, the third binge- free week/ day/ whatever challenge for me...:)

I made it binge- free yesterday! :carrot:

I had a big breakfast today, but not bingeing....- at least I think it was no binge.
I have a hard time organizing myself again and stop me from collecting messy days....:^:
But I keep my food journal and avoid the big binges.

Welcome bigfatty! Congratulations on your binge free days!

telemetrynurse, maybe you weight gain was just because your body stores water because of that woman- monthly- thingy (writing: period would be a false frind, or?)

Hungry2live, you did great! I guess it was terrible hard, or?

Rocker Chick 05-16-2006 11:57 AM

the first thing I want to say is: I LOVE THIS THREAD!! :hug: It is so nice to be around others who suffer from the same as me. Not only suffer, but acknowledge it. :)

Thanks for the kind words Belle, I don't feel like that, but thanks because it's very encouraging.:)

And congrats to all of you who made it through yesterday binge free!

HERE'S TO ANOTHER DAY OF BEING IN CONTROL!!!!:carrot:

gingerbread 05-16-2006 03:10 PM

i'm a brand new member and i think it'd be a good idea if i joined you guys :)

the last b/p i had was on the 11th and i've been trucking along since then

would everyone be ok if i posted my food intake for the day just to keep myself accountable? or would that be triggering? i don't want to go against the rules :?:

ellis 05-16-2006 03:16 PM

Gingerbread, welcome! :welcome3:
If you'd like to, you can join this thread here to post your meals: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=84331

Thanks so much for being considerate of the rest of us. Some of us are set off on a binge very easily. :hug:

Congratulations on your success so far... keep it up!! :hat:

gingerbread 05-16-2006 03:23 PM

thanks! heh i guess i should have poked around the board a little more :o

BelleDeJour 05-16-2006 06:04 PM

:wel3fc: gingerbread! I'm glad you decided to join the site, I'm sure you'll find it very helpful. Congrats on your 11 day winning streak. Keep on rolling!

HarpoChicoGroucho 05-16-2006 10:35 PM

YAY!! 2 binge free days!! And I've been exercising!! I feel great and totally in control.

How is everyone else doing?

Okay, there is something I have noticed and it's been bugging me. This question is directed at you, lovely ellis. Now in this forum, we have a lot of people who post once or twice and then they never post again. Since you've been here quite awhile, ellis, I just wanted to know if this is a new phenomenom or has this always happened. Do you think our crazy ramblings turn people away or they give up or get scared or something. It hurts to see so many "one hit posters" as I call them. Do you think we don't offer enough support/encouragement? Every new person is warmly welcomed, so I just don't understand. It just seems like our tiny group of regular posters always stays tiny. No one every sticks around long term :(

Okay, now this is directed at the aforementioned posters/lurkers who don't post anymore: WHY?? Please tell us what we are doing wrong, so we can improve.

Girls, don't get me wrong, I love you all and I love our little dysfunctional family, but you know, the more, the merrier.

ellis 05-16-2006 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HarpoChicoGroucho
YAY!! 2 binge free days!! And I've been exercising!! I feel great and totally in control.

Yay!! I'm so glad for you, hon!! :cheer:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Harpo
Okay, there is something I have noticed and it's been bugging me. This question is directed at you, lovely ellis. Now in this forum, we have a lot of people who post once or twice and then they never post again. Since you've been here quite awhile, ellis, I just wanted to know if this is a new phenomenom or has this always happened. Do you think our crazy ramblings turn people away or they give up or get scared or something. It hurts to see so many "one hit posters" as I call them. Do you think we don't offer enough support/encouragement? Every new person is warmly welcomed, so I just don't understand. It just seems like our tiny group of regular posters always stays tiny. No one every sticks around long term :(

Okay, now this is directed at the aforementioned posters/lurkers who don't post anymore: WHY?? Please tell us what we are doing wrong, so we can improve.

Girls, don't get me wrong, I love you all and I love our little dysfunctional family, but you know, the more, the merrier.

I love that you "said that right out loud, Harpo". :lol: It bothers me, too, but I know it happens in other areas of 3FC. (because I asked the other mods. heh heh)
I actually haven't been moderating this forum very long. (a year?) I was modding South Beach, but it just got too busy for me. I was helping out Chris (our wonderful, former mod here), and when she left, I took over. :shrug:
Some of the sub-forums are always hopping. Weight Watchers, Atkins, etc. People get involved with a specific diet, and they want to hang out with like-minded people.
Here, we're all doing "whatever", while striving to somewhat normalize our relationship with food.

I know that some of the other moderators are in absolute DULLSVILLE at times. The same thing happens to them... new people drop in, they lose interest (or just get busy), and they leave. :( It's unfortunate.

I would love it if more of the lurkers joined in. :) And yes, suggestions are very welcome! :wave:

Thanks for your input, Harpo. :hug:

HungryMonkey 05-16-2006 11:13 PM

Speaking as a lurker, I think that One-Post Wonders may visit at a very low point - rock bottom, if you will. Whereas they may not normally be a frequent visitor/poster, a bingeing episode can be compelling enough to cause them to seek outside support. Chances are they usually try to self-manage their disorders.

As for me, an admitted lurker, I rarely post here for two reasons: one - I've been in remission & don't want to come off as preachy, and two - I don't always feel like I have something valuable enough to contribute... especially since so many of you are already so skilled at offering support to each other.

I do however check in daily and feel a kinship with you all! :o

Hungry2Live 05-16-2006 11:46 PM

I didn't binge today but I sure ate WAAAY too much! :( I mean, I ate a normal breakfast and lunch, had a few snacks in between, and hit my 1,100 calories. but then my friend came and picked me up to take me to my first Astros game. He decided he wanted to eat at Freebirds first...ahhh! The burritos are freakin HUGE! But I only ate half of mine. then, at the game, he got me a super huge strawberry daquiri, and I drank more than half of it :( so I know the scale will be showing it tomorrow. but I dont consider that a binge. A binge for me, and what I would have done a few weeks ago, would be.. I'd eat the whole burrito, drink the whole daquiri, then come home and pig out because I knew I ruined it. I'm not gonna do that tonight!!!!!! I'm determined. I worked out for about an hour earlier today. I hope this doesnt set me back too much :(

HarpoChicoGroucho 05-17-2006 06:49 AM

I thought you had been the mod around here since its inception for some reason, ellis (maybe it was your 13,000+ posts). I'm glad we are not the only forum who gets people dropping in and quickly disappearing. It does make sense about us "doing our own thing." I know some of us go post regularly in other forums, but my base is here because I just have never fit into another forum. I guess I wish more folks' "home" would be here, like mine is. I also think the forums experience people who get revved up to start a diet, enthusiastically post, and then they give up on their diet a week into it. I can see a lot of people doing that.

Monkey, I have noticed that A LOT. People come in here, confess, and then we never see them again. Or they start threads asking if they have a problem, and we say, "YES, you do have a problem" and then they never post again. I think they post out of pure frustration and desperation. Although we get jealous of those who are doing well, we still love to hear about it. So POST!!! It truly is a motivator, and it challenges us to stay in control as well. And as for not feeling you have nothing valuable to contribute: WRONG!! We need all the support we can get, you know that. Any comforting words or praises of a job well done are valuable to us. So don't feel like that. Sometimes I just ramble on and on, and I know people are like, "what kind of drugs is she on?" but I still post, even though what I write may not be helpful AT ALL to ANYONE. Just be open and honest, and it will be much appreciated :) I promise.

2Live Eating too much is definitely better than surrendering to a binge. If I overeat anything, it is just like you said, I will binge later that night no matter what. So you had a victory dear!! It didn't turn into a binge, which could have turned into days worth of bingeing (which mine do). And maybe you could eat a little lighter today to balance it out. I doubt that half a burrito and daquiri set you back, remember you have to eat 3500 calories extra to gain a pound of fat, and whatever fluctuation you see on the scale is probably from the sodium.

Let's have a binge free Wednesday girls!!! :D :D :D

Kate109 05-17-2006 08:11 AM

Being no one-hit-poster, Iīll bore you with the details of my last two days....;)

I was binge- free yesterday (juchu:carrot: ) and the first half of today. I hope I can stay binge free today as well.

I was busy with University and a lot of things lately, so I didnīt watch TV often in the last weeks. But yesterday I had my weekly "ER"- intake- what means that I had to watch a lot of commercials. And I learned that watching food commercials is a binge trigger for me. If I had the things that were praised in the adds at home....:o

Well, I havenīt binged for a while, but sometimes I have the strong crazy urge/desire to do it...Donīt know why and I know itīs stupid.
Does someone else have problems with feeling overwhelmed after the "comfort of the binges" and the nice numb feeling of overeating is gone?

WELCOME gingerbread!

Letīs spend a nice Wednesday (with binge- free time :) )

Kate

ellis 05-17-2006 08:11 AM

Harpo, I've been here for four years. :yes: And I'm embarrassed to say that I have more posts than anyone else. :lol3: I just never shut up.

Monkey, thank you for your input. :) You're right... we do get a lot of desperate people here. :( It's very daunting to even acknowledge a problem and then to "let it all out" to strangers.
I'm so glad to hear you're doing well. As Harpo said, please don't let that stop you from posting/contributing if you'd like to. We're all at different stages here. I admit to feeling a bit guilty when I'm doing well, and then embarrassed when I'm not. :shrug:

Hungry2Live, I think you showed tremendous control yesterday! You were actually mindful of what you ate. :) Chalk up that episode as a success!! :hug:

ellis 05-17-2006 08:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kate109
Well, I havenīt binged for a while, but sometimes I have the strong crazy urge/desire to do it...Donīt know why and I know itīs stupid.
Does someone else have problems with feeling overwhelmed after the "comfort of the binges" and the nice numb feeling of overeating is gone?

Kate, we posted at the same time. Hi! :wave:
Yes, I can relate to that. :yes: I think many of us can. I definitely feel angry with myself after I've binged.

Rocker Chick 05-17-2006 10:36 AM

good morning ladies! I hope you're all doing well today and staying strong! Today is just one more day towards a binge free life! Yay! We can do it!!!:carrot:

telemetrynurse 05-17-2006 04:19 PM

:wave: Hello everybody!

I've had a few good days since returning from vacation! :carrot:

I've found that if I can avoid the kitchen I do better. It's like the food starts CALLING me when I'm in there! I almost feel like a crazy person :crazy: hearing food voices in my head! YIKES!

Ellis~Like Harpo stated, I can't believe you've only been a mod here for a year! I didn't even look at the number of your posts---you're just so darn good at making everyone feel welcome and offering support! I'm glad you "never shut up"!

Kate~I can totally relate to what you posted. I still have crazy, stupid urges to binge. Yep, I also feel like doggy do-do after I give in to the urges. But, I try not to focus on the times I slip up. Instead, I try to remember the times I do well. That gives me more motivation to continue doing well.

Harpo~I know what you mean about the one post wonders. I know you directed your questions to Ellis, so I hope you don't mind me responding as well.
I definitely DON"T think that "crazy ramblings" turn people away or that there is not enough support/encouragement given here. Personally, I think there is a wonderful group of chickies here, yourself included, who offer insight, encouragement, support and lots of hugs! :hug: I think it has to do with the posters, not the people here. By the way, I would hardly consider your posts as "rambling". You are, imo, very good at writing. You have a way with words!

Hungry2live~Congrats on avoiding a binge! It's tough to not "pig out" cause you feel like you've ruined it! Once you get on that slippery slope it's hard to climb back up to the land of control.

HungryMonkey~I agree with Harpo---please share your victories with us! It helps give us all inspiration!

bigf~Hi there! You have a great attitude! Yes, we CAN all do this!

Belle~"telemetry: Aaah sodium! Don't worry, I'm sure those 8 pounds are just water weight. I know salt makes me puff up like a little dumpling." lmao!! too funny---puff up like a little dumpling? Ha, try a BIG dumpling! :D

jayrobella~Yep, buffets are TOUGH! My dh LOVES buffets :devil: As far as the veggies go, you can always bring baby carrots and cut up veggies in baggies. I like sliced squash and zucchini for snacks with ff ranch dip. How about trying some v8 ---there are new flavors out there that taste like fruit juice. Strawberry banana, etc. but they contain a serving of veggies.

HarpoChicoGroucho 05-17-2006 05:00 PM

Nope, Elizabeth, I don't mind you responding at all. All wisdom is appreciated! Thank you for the compliment; my passion is writing. I hope you had fun on your vacation. I'm hiding in your luggage the next time, because I haven't had one in 5 years, and by then, I will be small enough to do so!!

Okay, I'm at 2 1/2 days binge free!! I got my exercise in early today, so all I've got to worry about is a sink full of dirty dishes (why do I let them pile up? ~ pure laziness) and a dirty kitchen.

Have a lovely binge free evening girls!!!!

Kate109 05-18-2006 05:58 AM

Hi!

Today I have the not so nice pleasure to decide if I want to post in the Cyber bingers or in the binge- free section. :( It depends on how you judge my behavior yesterday.

I felt bingy (?) yesterday night and I was terrible hungry. So I ate a bit too much lunch. And then I discovered ******* in the freezer...And ate a little portion. While sitting down and I ate it slowly. I could count it as a snack....Or I could count it as a binge.
I decided not to be so hard on myself because it wasnīt that much food after all.... :^:

Good news: I lost one pound! Very surprised about that!

I hope this day will be better than my last day. I really good go for the main actress in a "Psycho"- Remake otherwise....

Girls, you are all doing great! :hug: :carrot: So, one more day without bingeing...

I made it binge free for 19 days (nineteen!!:smug: )- it wonīt function without your suppport! :D :hug:

I am sorry for any additional typing mistakes. My cat is sleeping on my laptop, so I have to type around her....

Kate

CrazedLedZepFan 05-18-2006 09:06 AM

I have to be honest. I've been binging like CRAZY the past 3 days. I just can't stay on track. I get hungry in the evening and all my hard work is ruined. I decided I'm gonna try 4 mini meals a day rather than 3. I'm so sick of ruining things for myself. :(

purplepansy912 05-18-2006 09:07 AM

Here's how my week is going.
I have major pms this week. Today I want to crawl in bed and not move.
My wonderful co worker is leaving today and I will miss her so much. Not only is she a wonderful person but we clicked and got a lot of work done together. I am so sad she is leaving.
I had a very stressful situation with my husband's business this week, including a law suit and the possible loss of a 16year close friendship. Although things seemed to have resolved, I am very emotional.
In all of this trouble I have not binged!! I journaled my feelings and put all of them into persepective, that eating was not going to solve them. I feel so much stronger not turning to food.

telemetrynurse 05-18-2006 01:17 PM

:hug: Hi chickies!

I had a pretty good day yesterday!:carrot: I did go a bit overboard yesterday evening ( on healthy foods) but stayed within my calorie range (under 1600) so I consider it a victory!!! :carrot:

Harpo~5 years since your last vacation!!?!?!? You can definitely go with me next time!;) The only condition, is that you must send me an autographed copy of your first book! Congrats on your 2 1/2 binge-free days!!

Kate~You are doing GREAT!!!
"I discovered ******* in the freezer...And ate a little portion. While sitting down and I ate it slowly. I could count it as a snack....Or I could count it as a binge."
You did so well to eat only a little portion and to eat it slowly. Don't be so hard on yourself! IMO, a binge is out of control eating when I am not hungry. I try not to be too strict with how I define bingeing because I am just setting myself up for failure. I guess your definition of bingeing may be different?

Crazed~Sorry to hear you're having such a rough time! :hug: I know what you mean about being hungry in the evening! I am the same way lately! I'm trying to eat less earlier in the day, when I'm not as hungry, and save some spare calories for the evening when I KNOW I'll be starving. This worked pretty well for me yesterday. I did overeat yesterday evening, but I stayed within my calorie range for the day (under 1600)

purple~:hug: PMS can be tough even when things are going great. Sorry to hear about your troubles. But I am really glad to hear that you are coping so incredibly well!!! :bravo: I've never tried journaling, posting here in 3FC is as close as I've come. Maybe I need to give it a try. Thanks for the inspiraton!

Wishing everyone a happy and binge-free day/week!

motivation_97 05-18-2006 10:44 PM

hihihi

Just joined this thinger...ive never actually sought online help pertaining to food before, so I hope this helps me.:)
Anyways, this sounds good. I will count my days of no binges and see how long I am able to hold up.
I'm confused about the little chart that shows your progress in weight loss goals- I can never find it from the home page. I also don't see how you guys have it on your signatures. How do I update it with my progress?

Rocker Chick 05-19-2006 12:28 AM

Hi you guys! My 17 day binge free streak has come to an end. I am ashamed to admit it! :mad: Well here's to starting anew right??!;)

Kate109 05-19-2006 05:24 AM

Good morning!

Finished my 20th (twentieth..?? you know what I mean) binge free day yesterday!! :carrot: :carrot:

telemetrynurse: Thank you! :^: Actually your binge definition is the same as mine....But I am a wannebe 100% perfect type of person sometimes. And the food issue stresses a bit, so I am always like "Is that ok? Was that too much? Am I going to die immediately because I had to spoons to much??". I think hysteric would be a word that would match my behavior sometimes....:dizzy:
Congratulations on your victory yesterday!! :D

motivation_97: Welcome! :D :carrot: Itīs really a helpful place here! So just hang on here!
You can find the weight loos trackers in the section User CP in the purple thingy on the top of the site. There you have to click "Edit signature", I think.

bigfatty: Uh, I am sorry! :hug: But please donīt take that so seriuos- the important thing is not if you slip or how often you slip, the importance is in starting new every time you fail.

purplepansy912: Sorry for having such a bad time!:hug: But you deal great with that stuff!

CrazedLedZepFan: I hope you had a better day yesterday! :) :hug: Well, maybe I am not the right person to give advice, but I just want to say that I really would suggest to eat 4 meals. Or three meals and a snack. OR whatever.
Waiting until I am really, really hungry and then starting to cook/ prepare a meal then is a major binge trigger for me.
So I have to find a balance between only eating when I am hungry and not starving myself to that point, that my blood sugar reaches the bottom and I just can think: FOOD; FOOOOOD...and eat everything in sight.
And the evening are a critical time for me as well. I try to help myself with eating healthy so that I am not so hungry in the evening. And drinking a lot of tea. And I have a problem with watching commercials (food commercials...) on TV- BINGE TRIGGER!! But because I drink so much tea and I can use the time when the adds are aired to visit the bathroom...;)

Girls, I hope we all have a nice binge- free Friday!

Kate

ellis 05-19-2006 08:46 AM

Hey, girls! :wave: You're all doing so well! :hat: Cindy... come on, hon... you can do this. :hug:

Kate, 20th day!?!? You GO, girl!! :cheer:

Motivation, welcome! :welcome3: If you need more help with your ticker, just holler. :)

Elizabeth, isn't it great when you know you've gone a little over, but you KNOW it's not a binge? That you were actually "in control"!? :hug:

Pansy, I'm sorry you're going through a lot of stuff right now. :( Wouldn't it be great if we just take an entire day (or PMS week) to ourselves? I hope things are better for you today, hon. :hug:

Where's everyone else? Harpo? Jodi? Hungry2Live, Monkey, Jay, and Belle? :wave:

I haven't had a binge in awhile, but I've been eating a few things that could potentially set me off. So I'm back on the straight and narrow today. :)

Let's all have a good day, ladies! :grouphug:

HarpoChicoGroucho 05-19-2006 11:02 AM

ooops, missed roll call again!!!

Well, I was at the amusement park all day yesterday and was beat after 6 straight hours of walking? And I ate two sweet things. And that was it. But I ate two things I shouldn't the other day, but I don't know. But no crazy binges. Just a little off plan.

Elizabeth You'll get the first autographed copy, I promise!!! Now I just got to finish writing it!!!

Motivation Welcome!!!!

Good day everyone!!!

Rocker Chick 05-19-2006 11:06 AM

You guys are great! Thanks for the support and encouragment! Today is a brand new day, I CAN DO THIS! I CAN BEAT FOOD! I hope you all are doing great today!!!:D

justjodi 05-19-2006 02:27 PM

i'm here ellis!
i am always hesitant to stop in and say i am doing well in here because it seems the moment i admit i am not binging i get this great big urge to do it. i've been checking in on you all though everyday and see that you are all doing a wonderful job. hang in there girls you can do it!!

telemetrynurse 05-19-2006 03:45 PM

:wave: Hey everybody!

I was so good yesterday! woohoo! :carrot: The funny thing is that I didn't even WANT to binge! Today, I am fighting the binge monster :devil: I'm preoccupied with thoughts of "what can I eat". YUCK! I'll be strong :sumo:

BigF~WOOOHOOOOO!!! :bravo: 17 days binge-free is AMAZING!! WTG to get right back on the wagon after falling off! You CAN do this!!!

Motivation~:welcome: I love your name! We could all use a little motivation around here! Stick with us!

Kate~:bravo: :cp: :dance: :dance: :cp: :bravo: 20 days!!!!! WOWOWOWOW!!! Keep it up!!! Great job!

Ellis~Congrats on being binge-free! You are a smart lady to catch yourself before allowing the binge beast to prevail!
You're sooo right---it does feel really GREAT to feel "in control" even when overeating a bit. The funny thing is that sometimes I feel "out of control" even when my eating has been ok---like today. I guess it is more a reference to my frame of mind, not actual food consumption :shrug:

Harpo~ I'm so glad you went to the amusement park! You deserve to be amused, since your last vacation was over 5 years ago! WTG on the walking for 6 hours! It's really cool when exercising and being amused at the same time! I'm sure you exercised off any sweet treats you ate! Ok, I'm waiting on the book---I LOVE to read! I'm curious, do you write fiction or nonfiction?

Justjodi~I know what you mean ------"admit i am not binging i get this great big urge to do it."-------- I do the same thing with weight loss. When I finally see a loss, for some reason I almost feel justified to eat a little extra. I'm glad to hear you're binge-free!

Keep up the great work everybody!!! Have a wonderfully binge-free Friday!!!