Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 01-10-2006, 01:16 PM   #1  

Default Any Newbie's (& others) like myself up for a little competition/support?

Hi! My name is Jennifer, I'm 26, 5'4", and need to loose 40 or so pounds. I have always been reasonablely thin until three years ago when I had my son. My highest weight was between 185-190 lbs. Since his birth, I have lost 15-20 pounds, but can't seem to get any further. I think the lack of support from people who know what I am going through is hindering my progress. So, every Tuesday I will be posting my stats & any one who would like to do the same is more than welcome! If you need support and a little competition like me (it motivates me to see others do well), then please feel free to reply! Thanks
Jen
Last Week: 173.5
This week: 169.5
Goal: 130 (or so)
Jenni-fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 03:26 PM   #2  

Hi Jen! Your stats are almost the same as mine, so I would be happy to keep in contact with you on your progress (as well as my own).....
DivaLaRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 10:06 PM   #3  

Default Re:

Hi Jen! You seem to have the same problems and goals as me. I recently have put on quite a bit of weight after having always weight around 114 - 120. I haven't had any kids, but I do blame my desk job for the weight gain. I haven't found a way to control the vicious cycle. Almost everyone at my work weighs over 200 lbs and said that they all started the firm weight 105-120 lbs. I am trying to get this under control now before I gain anymore!

I would love to check in on Tuesdays. I am currently trying to jog on the treadmill several days a week and do the Biggest Loser DVD 4 days a week. (and cut calories!)

What are you guys doing to lose??
hzrdus7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 08:16 PM   #4  

Talking

Well, thanks to the energy and support I have found on this site the last few days, I felt very motivated and actually went and bought an 8 pound "medicine" ball and one of those body balls or whatever they are called. I wanted something other than my elliptical machine so that I could also work on my abs and my arms too. I am getting ready to put my little posters that came with them up in the corner of my dining room as we speak!! (OK, maybe after I finish my lean meat and cheese wrap )

Woo Hoo! Go Carrot-Guy! LOL
DivaLaRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006, 02:23 PM   #5  
gym junkie

S/C/G: 252/222/125

I'm in! this sounds like a great plan.
cambri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 12:14 PM   #6  

Hi,
I am in.
Your stats are pretty close to mine and I am 5'4".
Will you be posting stats tomorrow?
180/180/140
Shirl2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2006, 12:22 PM   #7  

Hi Everyone, I am in as well. I am trying to lose 30 pounds before July. At the rate I am going it's not gonna happen. I need a goal, I need motivation.
Does everyone walk? Or do something with mileage? Maybe we can "collectively" walk somewhere...

Last Week: 159
This Week: 159
Goal: 130
grapecoffee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2006, 01:54 AM   #8  

Height: 5'5"

Perfect! in! i've been stalled for a couple o years. :-O
170:145:125

and goal of the week. getting off my but and doing at least 20 mins of cardio a week. my tone has gone and i am all wobbly now. better get on that ;-)
readyfreddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2006, 02:00 AM   #9  
Smily Yogini

Talking

Hey All! Im so glad I found this thread.

My goals are right around eveyone else here. Health is of course important to me...but my weight is mostly vanity. Im a personal trainer. People dont want a pudgy personal trainer . So I appreciate any and all help and encouragement I can find. Walking someplace together sounds fun.

Right now Im going for 1600 calories, and 45 minutes of cardio monday-friday. If I miss I have to make it up on the weekend. I will lift weights for 20 minutes Monday, Wed. and Friday. This is the plan. I have had such a hard time sticking with it lately. Ive been really discouraged with my weight gain recently. I blame the BC Pill. So, Ive switched methods and Im sticking to my plan.

Today:

Breakfast: cheddar cheese croissant (650 cals) , Large Coffee w/ Equal and Nondairy powdered Creamer (25 cals)

23 minutes cardio, trained 3 clients (so I was on my feet)

Lunch: DS wanted McDonalds....so I got a chicken fajita rollup (190 cals), 2 sips of his orange soda (25 cals) and 4 french fries.

Snack: Chocolate Almond Biscotti (125 cals?) 2 bites of ds's chocolate cake (40 cals) large coffee w/ equal and creamer (25 cals)

Dinner: Sushi, 4 california rolls and 4 crunchy rolls (450 cals) teriyaki sauce (100 cals), two bites of green tea ice cream (50 cals). green tea, water

Snack: Yogurt, nonfat (110 cals) and a diet coke

This is 1650 calories. Not outside my range...but...its just so "bad"...sugary and LOADED with caffeine. No fruits or veggies. Yuck. What kind of changes do you guys plan on making?

Nice to meet all of you.
Melodybinoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 08:58 PM   #10  

Default I'm in

This is my first time joining a forum. I would like to lose 15 lbs and firm up. I am 25 years old, 5'8'' and 159 lbs. I like the idea of checking in on Tuesdays.

My goal is to get to the gym 3 times during the week. I am looking for some new exercise programs. I typically run 1-2 miles, row for 10 minutes and eliptical for 20. I am also going to work on a new weight training program.

I eat great during the week (follow South Beach during the week), but have trouble on the weekends. Looking forward to support and friendships!
rrkb88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2006, 06:48 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 229/224.5/160

Height: 5'8"

Thumbs up Count me in

Hey I would like to do this too. I am 5'8 @ 172 right now, my goal is to get down to 145. I need to try and do @ least 30 min. cardio a day and I have these really good pilates and "The Firm" DVDs which I would like to alternate 4 times a week.

Here are my current stats:
5'8
Thigh: 24
Hip:40
Waist: 30.5
Bust 38
Arm: 12.5
Weight: 172
Dimples1125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2006, 07:19 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 182/155/145

Hi All,

I about 12 lbs to lose and I am starting to lose my resolve.
I have been on the LA weight loss for almost 16 wks now (I'm on my 16th wk)

Besides following the LAWL plan, I am skate skiing 2- 3x/wk and sometimes doing windsor pilates and trying to get out and do a 2+hr bike ride 1-2x wk - bit chilly out right now.

It would be great to join a support group to get these last few lbs off.

-Susan
sznn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2006, 07:23 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 182/155/145

Default Whoops

Lil typo - I meant I have 12 lbs to lose

I am 5' 8 1/2"
Not sure on the measurements - will have to check those soon.
-S
sznn is offline   Reply With Quote