Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 12-15-2005, 05:53 PM   #1  
Sexy American Girlfriend!

S/C/G: 180/180/140

Height: 5"7"

Thumbs down When you know you shouldn't, you really don't want to, but you do anyway...

Arrghh!

I'm sitting at my desk, juggling quarters, thinking about that hot little black dress that's hanging in my closet that I'd sure like to get into. I think "You don't want those M&M's. You're not even hungry. Put the money DOWN and get back to work." And then, not thirty seconds later, I get up and head straight for the candy machine. WTH?

Any advice on how to keep my butt glued in my chair when this insanity is going on in my head?

BeezKnees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2005, 06:20 PM   #2  
Elizabeth

S/C/G: 233/158/145

Height: 5'6

Just a suggestion........ don't bring change to work. If possible, don't bring any extra cash. I avoided the temptation of vending machines by just bringing my debit card. I'd want something REALLY in a bad way---but not badly enough to go begging for the change
telemetrynurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2005, 06:44 PM   #3  
Powered by tofu

S/C/G: 207/203/140ish ??

Height: 5'4''

Keeping no change is certainly a good way to avoid temptation. I like to bring a piece of fruit for an afternoon snack at the office, gives you just a little taste of something sweet without the guilt!
shananigans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2005, 07:28 PM   #4  
ButDoesntWannaLookLikeOne

S/C/G: 230/218/170

Height: 5'4"

I definitely agree with the "bring your own snack" suggestion. I have a big lunch sack that I bring with me practically everywhere. It's ALWAYS packed with protein shakes, carrots, cottage cheese, some diet soda, string cheese, some fruit, and a couple low-fat cookies. That way, I always have something to eat -- and if I'm craving something specific, SOMETHING in the bag will get me through it.

LovesBassets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2005, 10:48 PM   #5  

Default Good ideas...

Okay. I can outfox myself. I won't bring any change.

I have brought snacks before, but it was usually of the pretzels/crackers/cookies/crap food group. Cheese sticks and veggies sound good, and I always keep caffeine free diet soda on hand. I buy it by the case.

Thanks for the suggestions!
Old 12-15-2005, 11:40 PM   #6  
geeky pagan chick

S/C/G: 265/136/150

I make sure to bring plenty of food every day too. Breakfasts 1 & 2, lunch and another snack. I used to have a vending machine problem too, so I really understand that argument followed by the almost autopiolot submission to the machine. Arg.

I found though, that once I started bringing my snacks and broke the habit of the machine, it ceased to be an issue. I walk by that darned machine 20 times a day now, but it never occurs to me to want anything from it. I hope you have a similar experience
Tani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2005, 01:09 AM   #7  

When that happens I always try to think how I would feel after eating them... I'd be bummed out and upset with myself and wish I haden't eaten them and it would ruin my mood for the rest of the day So that always stops me, I don't wanna feel crumy.
Definetly having handy healthy snacks around too.
.Raine. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2005, 03:23 AM   #8  

This is a dumb question, but: Are you eating enough during the day? It's hard for COEs because we never really know when we're "full" and we imagine that "normal" people eat these tiny little portions. If you're really really hungry be early afternoon-ish you might not be eating enough. When that happens your hunger will tend to get worse as the day goes on. Try to get in enough food (healthy food) to satisfy yourself during the day. Don't deprive yourself.
MyThreeTots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2005, 12:41 PM   #9  

Raine, I think about how disappointed I'll be with myself while I'm juggling the quarters and it doesn't stop me. I have been able to exercise willpower in the past, so I guess it's all a matter of mindset. I'm just not quite there yet.

Tots - Hmmm. You may be on to something. I don't think I *am* eating enough. My usual breakfast is granola bars and coffee. Then a snack about 11 - usually popcorn or some other carb. Then lunch is more heavy carbs. I bet that lack of protein is keeping me hungry.

I'm such a carb junkie.

I'm doing a *little* better today. Breakfast was cranberry/macadamia nut cereal, no snack, then a turkey sandwich and EasyMac for lunch. Not great, but not AS bad.

Thanks for the input and support. It really helps. I'm gearing up!
Old 12-16-2005, 03:16 PM   #10  

Default Yea me!

Instead of my usual afternoon trip to the snack machine, I had a snack size KitKat about 2:30 and a cheese stick at 3:15. That's a little better...
Old 12-16-2005, 08:28 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 343/293/199

Height: 5'8"

OMG I use to be that way all the time when i was at work. I too stopped taking change with me.
xJox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2005, 10:39 PM   #12  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

I was horrible too..I would save my change just for that dang machine. Then for whatever reason I started bringing more snacks for myself and Id say I haven't touched the machine in over 6 months.
There are some fabulous low cal/fat free snacks out there. If you like sweet,,,there are them 100 cal things,,Canada doesn't sell them as of yet. I bought a few boxes while I was down in Montana. There are the oreos that are great. With a yogurt you have a nice snack. Im not up for salt except that time of the month. When Ill pretty much eat anything. But a cup of noodles and crackers do it for me.
I bring way too much food each day I know that...I just stock pile it on my desk or in a drawer and on those days that I sleep in or didn't plan to stay late or even if someone needs it. Its there.
Ok Im just rambling now,,,sorry I do hope this helps a bit.
da fat n da furious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2005, 04:04 AM   #13  
Aussie Chick

S/C/G: 99/86/65

I was wanting a snack of something yesterday, but then I thought about the high that exercise has been giving me, and how great I was feeling, and about how much exercise I'd have to do and how much time it would take to burn the snack off, and all of a sudden the craving was gone. Something to try.
kathyhegg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2005, 09:49 AM   #14  

I like the idea of bringing no change with me to school! That's how I will not give in to the temptation of buying Sour Patch and all that...plus I am going to try and not eat cafeteria food at school anymore, but I am looking for suggestions in another thread.

So many people at my school are eating 100 cal things...I might try those.
Claire de Ravin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2005, 02:18 PM   #15  
No Excuses/No Whining!

S/C/G: 333/263/185

Height: 5'7"

I personally do the "No change" thing at work, and I even do not carry cash with me at all.. has helped me 1) not to stop and eat when ever i get the urge.. and 2)save money !
supernurse_mommie is offline   Reply With Quote