Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 12-20-2005, 08:16 PM   #16  

Default Cravings

Your desire to eat the M&Ms and the action of doing so is actually you mind/body's way of telling you that there is something you need to deal with. Food is an easy way to numb and comfort ourselves - we crave it when we feel blah and need to elevate ourselves. When we're overweight and something triggers a bad feeling because we aren't comfortable with our size, a "treat" provides comfort and a way to not think about the yucky feeling. We do this, because it is effective to some degree. There are chemicals in food that boost our seretonin and kick are blood sugar up a notch for added energy - but the consequences are often severe and we end up feeling worse in the long run.

So you can not bring change to work, hide all the "bad" food, but in the end, unless you find other ways to deal with the emotions driving your desires to eat, you are going to be left struggling every day - and giving food much more power than it deserves.
Hibiscus8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2005, 12:02 PM   #17  
Sexy American Girlfriend!

S/C/G: 180/180/140

Height: 5"7"

Default I agree Hibiscus

Thankfully, I'm well on my way on my journey to emotional wellness. I've done a lot of 12-step type work (but not worked the actual steps, which is something I may benefit from doing... Hmm) and go to counseling every 3 weeks.

This past weekend, I got up early and "did myself up" - shaved my legs, put on a sexy top, wore perfume - and it did wonders for being able to say "nah, I'm not hungry" when faced with food.

I think I'm almost there. My mind is almost ready to do this thing. I'm gearing up.
BeezKnees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2006, 08:07 PM   #18  
OmfgitzKaylee

Default Something Inside..

Ok, So I'm sitting here, reading these posts, while I'm drinking a Root Beer and eating a chocolate truffle. I know I should stop&just maybe grab one of those CocaCola Zeros...But I just can't. Something inside of me is just saying,"Oh boo..It's just a Root Beer. Get over it." But I don't want to get over it. I don't want to be eating this. I want to lose weight. Not gain more!! But something inside won't let me. I say to myself,"Don't eat any ice cream tonight. You're trying to lose weight remember?" So I drink a glass of water and wait about 15 minutes..But I crave it even more. So I end up eating it. And not just a small portion..I mean a huge bowl. I want to get over this and have my body let ME decide when I'm done eating.

HELPPP!

And one more thing. More than anything I want to be exercising right now. But I can't seem to get off my butt. It's not possible. I see these people who say,"Oh I ran 48573948759823745 miles this morning and I still don't think it's enough!".....I can't even run the mile in PE without stopping.

GRRRRRR.

And I'm not as lazy as you think...I just can't get off my BUTTT!
omfgitzkaylee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2006, 10:05 PM   #19  
Going goal.

S/C/G: 316/ticker/140

Height: 5'6" & 3/4"

^Not to be discouraging or anything but are you sure you even NEED to lose weight? I'm only an 1.5 inches taller than you and I plan to be around 130 with a body mass index of about 21 (or so that's how it's been calculated for me). Right now you should have a BMI of 19.5 and if you drop the weight in your tracker then you will be around 18 BMI.. at least by the "ideal weight calculator" on ***********.com. I'm not an expert and I am new to all this as well so please someone correct me if I am wrong
pixiefalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2006, 11:43 PM   #20  
back on the wagon

S/C/G: 196.2/187.8/115

Height: 5'1.5''

Quote:
Originally Posted by omfgitzkaylee
Ok, So I'm sitting here, reading these posts, while I'm drinking a Root Beer and eating a chocolate truffle. I know I should stop&just maybe grab one of those CocaCola Zeros...But I just can't. Something inside of me is just saying,"Oh boo..It's just a Root Beer. Get over it." But I don't want to get over it. I don't want to be eating this. I want to lose weight. Not gain more!! But something inside won't let me. I say to myself,"Don't eat any ice cream tonight. You're trying to lose weight remember?" So I drink a glass of water and wait about 15 minutes..But I crave it even more. So I end up eating it. And not just a small portion..I mean a huge bowl. I want to get over this and have my body let ME decide when I'm done eating.

HELPPP!

And one more thing. More than anything I want to be exercising right now. But I can't seem to get off my butt. It's not possible. I see these people who say,"Oh I ran 48573948759823745 miles this morning and I still don't think it's enough!".....I can't even run the mile in PE without stopping.

GRRRRRR.

And I'm not as lazy as you think...I just can't get off my BUTTT!

Honey, I don't know your specific situation, but I am 5'2'' (three inches shorter than you) and MY goal is your current weight.

You do not need to lose weight. You sound perfect just the way you are.
lateralus98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006, 12:42 AM   #21  

Height: 5'-2"

Kaylee, I agree with the other ladies. You probably don't need to lose weight. The best thing you can do for yourself is to get some exercise. Some cardio and maybe a little weight workout. You'll gain muscle, will look more "toned", and will gain self-confidence. Something we could all use a little more of.
And try to make good food choices. If you want ice cream, then have a little, but choose a lower-fat version.
Good luck, hon.
ellis is offline   Reply With Quote