Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 05-16-2005, 01:08 AM   #1  

Default I'm not sure where I fit in

Hey everyone,

I've been lurking here for quite a while now. Recently, I've noticed that I've been binging, eating the worst food possible and a lot of it every day. I stopped doing this last Tuesday. I can't take this anymore. I'll be good for a month and then I'll eat bad for a month and it just keeps going in that cycle. Usually, what makes me stop eating bad is I start to feel sick -- groggy, diarrhea etc. I really want to get control of my eating.

Last week I bought a weight loss self-hypnosis CD that I've been listening to daily. I'm supposed to listen to it every day for 30 days to effectively reprogram everything in my mind. I strongly feel that it's all mental with me. If I could just change my thinking about food, I feel that I will be able to master this. I need to lose about 15 more pounds. I couldn't even tell you what triggers my binging episodes...it seems to happen overnight. It sounds like there are several people here who are familiar with binging and can understand how it feels.
WazzuGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2005, 08:17 AM   #2  

Hi WG Welcome. I could have written all of that post, except for the CD. I have alot more to lose than you do, but it was that binging until I feel sick that got me to a place that I had to do something.

Stick around, and if you feel like it, jump in to my 'I'm wondering" threads so we can get to know you better

I'm partial to OA for figuring out why you binge, but there must be other ways. It's just where my long search ended.
CackyDoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2005, 09:10 AM   #3  

Height: 5'-2"

WG, welcome! I am so with you.
Please let us know how things go with the CD. I've thought about that for myself. I agree completely... it's all mental.
Like Cacky said, please join us on the other threads... there's a lot of great support on this site, and the more people posting, the more we have to offer.
ellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2005, 08:36 AM   #4  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

WELCOME !!!
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote