Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 04-04-2005, 05:49 AM   #16  
Meg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klaha
I'm sorry, but for what I have read back there, you guys have a long way to go.

Give up on diets, they never work.

I think I said enough. It makes me feel bad to see people sinking like that...
Klaha, take another look at the stats in my signature ... and Mel's ... and the others ... You might be surprised to see that some of us really do know what we talking about.
Meg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005, 02:25 PM   #17  
Mel

Quote:
I can also see that you guys have a very bad idea of what a diet may be. Besides, the word diet should be used, that would mean "sacrifice for a short period of time", making you gain everthing again because "I can eat now, I'm thin". Your mind will stay the same and will remodel you body to your current mind state, in a state that will make you think that food is a prize and something like a hobby.

Klaha, maybe you should do a search on some of the posts that Meg, Suzanne, Jennifer, and I have written. And as Meg suggested, look at the stats under out signatures before you start making assumptions about our diet mindsets, sinking failures, and lack of exercise.

I am a recovered bulemic. I've kept off 50-60 pounds for almost 4 years now. I exercise at least an hour a day. This is my life, not a diet. The only way that I tamed the binge monster was to control sugar. In my work with overweight women and from my experience, sugar is usually the number one culprit in binging. It's like heroin for most bulemics. That's why a breakfast of oreos and bread is such a bad idea. No, 4 oreos aren't going to kill anyone. But if the package is in the house, very few binge eaters will stop at 4 or will leave the package alone for the rest of the day knowing that it is in the house. If getting the food requires actually driving to the store to stock up on binge food, it will at least slow most people down and make them think. That's why I counsel my clients to fill their kitchens with plenty of fresh fruit and vegetables, whole grains and lean proteins. It's unlikely that anyone is going to binge on spinach and chicken breasts!

Quote:
you think that taking the stuff we like from our diet will help us?

Well, eating vast quatities of it sure didn't help, did it? It didn't help me and from years of reading this board, it doesn't help anyone who binges on it then hates themselves afterwards. Get the processed sugar-laden foods out of your diet, and you'll stop craving them. Then they can be re-introduced as occasional treats. Oreos and pizza are not staples...there are no essential nutrients in them. They are treats, and having too many treats on a regular basis is what made us fat in the first place. Eating them mindlessly is what makes us hate ourselves.

I think you found a solution for yourself, klaha, and have some good information in your posts, but there's a lot of misinformation there too.

Mel
Mel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005, 03:10 PM   #18  
Louis

I guess you're right, well, I was just writing my story and people ended up asking questions. So in order to answer I should know what kind of lifestyle does he/she have and try to imagine what I would do. Sorry for the misunderstanding, but no theory for me is 100% correct.
Klaha is offline   Reply With Quote