Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 01-05-2005, 09:43 PM   #1  

Red face Jan. 3 Check-In Thread

I'm sorry - it just dawned on me now that we needed a new check-in thread.

Can I blame this stuff on the pregnancy yet?
KatSLP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2005, 10:10 AM   #2  
Walking by faith

Smile Hi Kat

This is my second time trying to post here-hope it works

I'm Joanne-I'm new to this thread, but I've been around 3 FC for a while. I post mainly on the Depression thread, but also 100 lb club and 300+. I've been an OA member since September 2004. I've just now gotten an online sponsor, and I'm officially working Step One. I'll be coming back and sharing with you soon!
Stepping Out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2005, 01:39 PM   #3  

Talking

Welcome Joanne!
Just wanted to say hi, and that you're doing great and you couldn't have come to a better place. The people here are a great bunch and very inspirational to me.

Kat- You can blame everything on the pregnancy! You only have 9 short months to do it so take advantage of it, lol. Then after you have the baby, you get to say " I am this way because I just had a baby". Hehehehe I know I'm still saying it. So when is your due date? Are you going to find out if it's a girl or boy? Baby's are just the most precious thing in the world. Every day I am just amazed at how much I love my daughter. I didn't know this kind of unconditional love was possible til now. It just goes by so fast, so cherish every moment starting now.

As for me that past little while I have been pining to have another baby I don't know why, I think I'm just going crazy. So last night I decided instead of getting myself into a predicament I should start looking into what I need to do for my schooling. I want to go to university to be a nurse. I think now that life has settled down with DD and I can still see my floor .... and the craziness of Christmas is over, now I need to start putting some of my energy into something productive towards my future. I just hate that it's one of those things that takes TIME, as I am an instant gratification person. Ah well I shall perservere and achieve my goals. That and I'm still not at my goal weight yet, and I don't want to be 7 months pregnant for my wedding!

Everybody else must still be bogged down by the craziness of the holidays... Hi y'all and Happy New Year!! Take care everyone.
My resolution for this year was not to make any new year's resolutions. So far this is the only resolution I have ever kept....

Cheers,
Dietrie
silly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2005, 02:17 PM   #4  

Welcome Joanne! Glad to have you here and congrats on getting a sponsor.

Dietrie, I am due September 7. And we are going to find out. I could wait but DH can't and I'm too curious to fight it.

It's been raining here like crazy - way more thanusual. I am ready for it to be sunny again!
Old 01-09-2005, 05:35 AM   #5  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Hi Ladies,

Well so far this week, exercise is going better and so are my food choices and induldging. I was good up until friday night when I went to my mom's to pick up my DD after work and she had just mad a batch of home made polish perogies, now let me just say they are not like Mrs T's perogies that you get in the store, these are true polish perogies, the size of mini foot balls and filled with delicious meat. She also fries them when they are done...OY. I swollowed two of them b/4 I even realize why or what I was doing, almost like a reflex. You know tired, hungry and wanna go home....woosh inhail. My calories were WAY off that day. But I went right back OP saturday

Gotta stop drop and roll b/4 I go near food, I sware.

How's everyone doing ?
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2005, 02:52 PM   #6  
Walking by faith

Smile Hi Leenie (and everyone)

I've never had a pierogie, but I know what they are (kind of like knishes), and I'm sure they're delicious! I too have a problem with popping food in my mouth without thinking . OA has an acronym for it-HALT, which stands for H ungry, A ngry, L onely, or T ired. I find that these are the times when I'm more likely to binge or eat mindlessly. Believe me, you're not alone

Kat: You had shared when you started the thread about your memory-don't worry. I was looking around the house for my watch. I'd just thrown some laundry in the dryer, when I heard a banging noise. I opened up the dryer, looked in the pocket of the slacks I had worn last, and there was my watch .

Takes a licking, and keeps on ticking
Stepping Out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2005, 08:05 AM   #7  
Countess Walks-on-Water

Hi everyone, hi Joanne! Kat - we've seen lots of dramatic pictures on TV of mudslides and rescues (poor guy lost his pants on national television - but he sure was lucky). Hope you're safe and dry!
treasaigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2005, 10:49 AM   #8  

Hi ladies,

I am being hit by some major first tri fatigue - sorry I have been absent so much.

I am going to keep this check-in going until next week and then start a new one.

The weather has been crazy but I am luckily in a mudslide-free zone.

HALT is a biggy for me, too. Especially now that my appetite has increased. I need to remember to bring more food to work.

Have a great day!
Old 01-15-2005, 02:31 AM   #9  

Hey ladies,

Kat thank goodness you're in a safe place. The happenings around the globe in the past bit have been strange and troubling to say the least. I pray often for those affected by it. Next week will be nicer here... we're going from -30something Celsius to a few degrees above zero. Finally... I can get out of the house with Chloe for walks and whatnot.

My fiance has left to work in the oil patch so I am now home alone (with DD) for two weeks. The cold weather is driving me nuts because I can't get out for walks, seeing as how I also don't have the car. Lately I have been dead tired by the end of the day and tonight I have this horrible pain in my back.

More tomorrow... hope everyone else is doing ok, haven't heard from lots of people lately. Take care all!

Dietrie
silly is offline   Reply With Quote