Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Closed Thread

Old 01-19-2004, 06:06 AM   #1  

Default Daily Thread -- Monday, January 19

Hello out there!

I hope your Sunday finished off nicely wherever you are. I had a wonderfully abstinent day despite the fact that my DH and I still aren't seeing eye to eye on the out-laws issues. I have given it over to God...again...and I'm going to try not to take it back this time!

Ellis -- Glad you finally checked in! All this talk about Bridge Mix and you know what? I've never even seen the stuff! Maybe I should check it out...NOT! I don't need anything else to tempt me.

Jennelle -- Burnout is rampant in this field! I've gone through bouts of it myself, after the glow of a brand new year wears off and reality sets in. What keeps me coming back is the fact that I really feel that God put me here because I can make a difference and I know this is the most family friendly career I can have as far as a schedule is concerned.

Chris -- Have a great day with your training. With your last post I was picturing you all decked out in one of those white spaceman type suits. Hard to do yoga in that I imagine! Oh, and I meant to say good for you that you're not listening to that disease get you down about lack of exercise over the last few days!

Kat -- I'll be thinking of you with your day off today!

Y'all will be so proud of me. I did 45 minutes of yoga yesterday afternoon. My family went out for awhile while I finished up some lesson plans. When I finished, I *thought* about grabbing me a snack or three, like I have done so many times when left alone at home. But instead I popped in my new DVD and did it! It was nice...not very graceful, but nice!

I'm praying that everyone has a super day! I'll check in again this afternoon.

Bye now,
Christy
Old 01-19-2004, 08:06 AM   #2  
Searching

Default Good Morning!

I woke up late My body knows its my day off, and despite my lack of formal excercise I am very sore after this weekend. My legs feel like I have been pressing out 200 lbs for 20 hours a day

Christy- Whatever the argument is you through God's help will find the best way! ON the excersise girl. YOU ROCK!

Jenelle-You always on my prayer list too lady! My parent have both been in the school system for about 10 years. My dad has always loved the kids and the job (though as the Chemistry teacher you should see him laugh at their responses when he grades tests ) Its awesome you have a good admin., because its the principal my dad has to butt heads with. He doesn't approve of my father serving his country, my dad was TDY for the Iraq thing and a couple of years before to go to Singapore.

Kat- Have a happy day!!!!!!!

Ellis- Be good to yourself lady you deserve it!

Okay got to motor

Much love,
Miss Chris
Old 01-19-2004, 08:40 AM   #3  

Height: 5'-2"

Christy, good for you for doing yoga and not eating! Wow, you are one strong woman!

Jennelle, what a terrible time you must have had those first two years... I'm so sorry. Yes, the administration can make the world of difference. I'm so glad you're in a good environment now.

I'm off to see my psychiatrist this morning. Which means two hours of walking. A good way to start the week.

I'm DH is peering over my shoulder and is making me cranky (okay, I'm making MYSELF cranky!), so I'll pop back later when he's not here.
Love and hugs to everyone...
Old 01-19-2004, 11:57 AM   #4  
WW on-line since 1/1/2009

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning, girls.

Well, I woke up with the idea that I might try to get to a f2f OA meeting today, since it's Monday and I'm not working today. However, the only local meeting on Mondays is held at a public library, and the public libraries are all closed for the MLK holiday. I guess I will pop in on an online meeting instead.

Christy - I stay in the profession for much the same reasons you do. I did decide that if my second school was as awful as my first, though, that I'd get out. Thank God it's so much better!

Ellis...Chris...Kat...Hope you have a fabulous day!
Old 01-19-2004, 03:33 PM   #5  

Christy and Ellis, you are both too sweet! It's my HP that grounds me - I am blessed. Couldn't have done it without her.

Look at all of the yoginis on this thread. Today I plan to do a Firm workout after I watch Days of Our Lives (got to catch that when it's my day off! ) and then a yoga video after I watch Oprah (hopefully it'll help with soreness from the Firm).

Chris - Good luck with your training, today! I agree with Christy, I am picturing you as a Space Lady today.

Jennelle - I'm glad you are in a better school now. Principals and staff make a world of difference.

Christy - That is awesome that you rewarded your body with yoga instead of punishing it with un-needed food. Yay!!

Ellis - I'm glad you are OK! I don't miss icey roads at all. In fact, I don't even know if I could drive on them well. The majority of my driving career has been on the roads of Southern Cali.

Where is everyone from, BTW? It seems like you are all in places where it's cold.

So far today I had breakfast at a diner and read there for almost 2 hours. I am a bit wired on coffee. I went food shopping at Trader Joe's afterwards and picked up lots of healthy stuff for the week. Like I said, I am watching Days soon then working out. I am going to try and catch an online meeting after yoga, if there is one at that time.

I'll check in later. I hope everyone is having a blessed day!
Old 01-19-2004, 04:03 PM   #6  

That does it... you've all inspired me. I'm going to start doing some yoga at home. It's too cold to go to class right now. Surely I can schedule in 20 minutes a day.

Oh, Kat... reading for two hours in a cafe sounds SO cozy!
Ummm, you know where I'm from, right?

WHERE is Miss Chris!

Hey, Jennelle and Christy!
Old 01-19-2004, 04:12 PM   #7  

Can I just say "DUH" for a second. I didn't realize our locations were under our avatars.

Days is not on today (they are airing a MLK Junior parade, so I forgive NBC ). I am going to workout in a few minutes.
Old 01-19-2004, 05:21 PM   #8  

Default Mindless prattle...

Okay, ladies. This will probably be some stream of consciousness stuff to help me get through the moment. Bear with me!

What do you do when you are truly hungry and you haven't put enough in your food plan for the day? I sort of knew when I wrote out my plan for the day that my meals were pretty light, but I thought I would try it. What would it hurt? Okay, now I'm really struggling!! I'm getting ready to make dinner and I don't want to "open the floodgates" while in the kitchen. I made my snack a little larger than I figured into my plan and I'm typing this to let the moment pass. I didn't want to NOT eat enough at my snack and make myself feel deprived and frantic. I know from experience that this can trigger something ugly at mealtime or after. But I also didn't want to stray from my plan either because my plan is part of my security right now.

I think I'm having one of those "why oh why can't I be normal?" moments you've talked about a few times, Chris! Plus I'm having one of those moments when I want to thumb my nose at everything -- my food plan, my sponsor, y'all...everything. Ellis, do ya hear me?!

Okay, I'm feeling a little better now. Lesson learned -- plan meals that are substantial enough to keep from getting too hungry late in the day. I'm going to pray for a few minutes and then call a friend and ask how her doctor's appointment went today.

I can do this! Right?

Christy
Old 01-19-2004, 05:27 PM   #9  

Default Christy - You DO have what it takes!

Thanks to guidance from HP.

I do not run into this problem because I only generally food plan. Planning exactly what goes into my mouth for each meal is a trigger for me - plus planning on what meals I may eat. I know many OAers need this but it doesn't work for me. I just plan stuff like "limited or no sweets, 5-7 veggies/fruits, etc...). So sorry I couldn't be more helpful.

Maybe you can plan a nice helping of veggies if needed? They'll fill you up!
Old 01-19-2004, 05:29 PM   #10  

I hear ya, hon!
Of course you're not "normal"! Who the heck wants to be normal!? You are an exceptional woman, Christy, and don't you forget it!
Now lookie here. You can get through the next... what...? hour or so until dinner? And for goodness sakes, eat slowly, dear. Don't wolf your food.
Like you said, you've learned your lesson. You can overcome this!
Old 01-19-2004, 05:30 PM   #11  

Hey, Kat!
Old 01-19-2004, 05:36 PM   #12  

Hey Ellis!!!
Old 01-19-2004, 07:35 PM   #13  
Searching

Default It's been a long day!

Hi Everyone!

I won't throw my venom around here, I will call my sponsor and take it out on my journal. Just life isn't fair sometimes, and now I have a decision to make and one way is the hard way that will make me and the other way is still the hard way and makes me frustrated. And I am trying to be quiet and listen to my HP, but mostly I want to rant At least I am not eating this

Kat- Iam so thankful to have you as a source of peace in my life Training was long, some parts funny, and the group was easy going. I actually got to use my chemistry skills. But I was kinda of resentful all day at being there and thats just no good for me. I always feel wrong when I wake up late

Christy- Be flexible with yourself without freaking out. We can make deviations in our food plans we just need to note the when, where, and why and make sure we are not eating to cover up any emotions. Food can be used for fuel, thats a new and novel idea for most of us

Ellis-Thank you for the note hun, I love you too! I was gone at training being space girl

Jenelle-You should have contacted the contact person for meetings, we move them or get a key sometimes when all other things are closed OA is open How was your on-line meeting?

Much love to all of you I should be back in a bit!
Miss Chris
Old 01-19-2004, 08:28 PM   #14  

Chris - Sorry you're going through a rough spot! Please feel free to share here if you want. We're here for both the ups and downs.

I did my yoga while watching Oprah. DH is home now and we're just going to chill.
Old 01-19-2004, 08:55 PM   #15  

Default Dear Ms. Mod...

I have to second what Kat said! You are always so supportive and "here" for us. I hate to think that you would feel you can't depend on us in the same manner. That's part of the reason we're here, hon!

I don't know what's going on, but I'm more than willing to listen and offer you a "there, there, dear" if needed! Do what you need to do, sweetie and know that we're here for you to throw your venom to if necessary!

Hugs,
Christy

P.S. Thanks to Kat and Drill Sergeant Ellis for your quick responses to my ramblings earlier! I'm fine now. DH even voluntarily cleaned up the kitchen after dinner so I didn't have to be alone in there with the leftovers (another trigger for me). And Miss Chris...I didn't freak out! Food as fuel. Hmmm...you're right. A very novel idea!
Closed Thread