Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 04-20-2016, 10:08 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 230/149/138

Height: 5'6

Something that has helped me in the past regain control when I am out of control is rejoining a program like WW. Just having that accountability of someone else seeing my weight each week, and having the structure of a program has absolutely snapped me back into reality. I don't really love WW meetings, in general, but more than once when I have started slipping too much for comfort, I will do a 3-month membership and it pretty much always helps me straighten up.

I've also found a few books have been quite helpful, and I've even purchased audio versions so I can listen while I am out on walks. Brain over Binge, Intuitive Eating and How to Have Your Cake and Your Skinny Jeans Too have all been very helpful and supportive for me.
Lunula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2016, 10:11 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 195/145/145

Height: 5'11"

<<Do I eat like the famine starts tomorrow when I'm not on the plan? Yes. ... Eat when I'm hungry? I am always, hungry.>>

Hey Fluffy,

That's me to a tee. Lost 50 pounds 6 years ago, kept it off for 4 1/2 years (my record), then regained about half of it. It's not because my metabolism has broken or anything like that. It's because my job takes me to the finest restaurants in the world's great cities and I stopped resisting. No mystery, really: if you eat 4,000-calorie dinners you'll start regaining.

It's taken me a few months to get back on track, but I think I'm finally in a groove. Oddly enough, what clicked for me is the fact that my adult daughter needs to GAIN weight. If I expect her to make an effort to gain, it would be hypocritical of me not to make a commensurate effort to lose some...

No matter how many times I stumble, I remain in the "never give up" camp.

Freelance
freelancemomma is offline   Reply With Quote