Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 02-21-2016, 07:02 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 210/210/125

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Blog: A real food addict cannot heal any psychiatric problem until AFTER you solve the food thing.
I like this. It reminds me of a great line from a movie, "I can help you with your alcohol problem, but first you have to give up drinking."
FluffyFat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2016, 06:17 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 296

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by FluffyFat View Post
I like this. It reminds me of a great line from a movie, "I can help you with your alcohol problem, but first you have to give up drinking."
Its hard to explain to people who don't have binge eating disorder, but binging feels like getting high to us. And now we have brain imaging studies that confirm it; we really are getting high, just like an alcoholic.
blog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 01:50 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 188/186/170

Thank you for posting this. I've suffered with eating disorders since high school. To this day I struggle. I dealt with all the past crap and am trying to find productive, positive ways to deal with anxiety. The best thing I have come up for myself is lots of walking and bike rides. Keep busy at home and at work. I think I have a touch of something that is manic. I'm not the only one, many people have this problem. If I didn't have a professional job, maybe smoking pot would help. It always helped me with anxiety in college. I never binged while high too. It also made me lazy brained for the follow 3 days.

I tried a new drug prescribed by my doctor. I took it for a few months. It didn't work.

The shame is real. My guy knows I had problems in the past, but we don't discuss anything I do now. I don't share with anyone my issues. I guess I'm too embarrassed.
RollerDerbyLexi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 02:09 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 215/188/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by RollerDerbyLexi View Post
Thank you for posting this. I've suffered with eating disorders since high school. To this day I struggle. I dealt with all the past crap and am trying to find productive, positive ways to deal with anxiety. The best thing I have come up for myself is lots of walking and bike rides. Keep busy at home and at work. I think I have a touch of something that is manic. I'm not the only one, many people have this problem. If I didn't have a professional job, maybe smoking pot would help. It always helped me with anxiety in college. I never binged while high too. It also made me lazy brained for the follow 3 days.

I tried a new drug prescribed by my doctor. I took it for a few months. It didn't work.

The shame is real. My guy knows I had problems in the past, but we don't discuss anything I do now. I don't share with anyone my issues. I guess I'm too embarrassed.
Have you tried transcendental or Vedic meditation? I'm taking a class next month on Vedic myself. I hear it does wonders for anxiety.
Palestrina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2016, 05:51 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 188/186/170

I tried yoga and meditation downloads. I even have a weight loss hypnosis recording. Maybe I should bust them out. Since I've started my diet, I've been really on it and feel good about myself. It's not been a full week as of yet.

Now that I'm a bit wiser and older, I don't feel so alone with my anxiety. I realize that most women struggle with it. Finding healthy coping methods is key. I have a chick from high school twice divorced that has been working out like a nut. She's now ramping up to do a fitness swim suit competition. My sister has been to the hospital numerous times due to her inability to breath because of her anxiety. (Our family in not the most nurturing one for sure.)
RollerDerbyLexi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2016, 08:13 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 296

Quote:
Originally Posted by RollerDerbyLexi View Post
I tried yoga and meditation downloads. I even have a weight loss hypnosis recording. Maybe I should bust them out. Since I've started my diet, I've been really on it and feel good about myself. It's not been a full week as of yet.

Now that I'm a bit wiser and older, I don't feel so alone with my anxiety. I realize that most women struggle with it. Finding healthy coping methods is key. I have a chick from high school twice divorced that has been working out like a nut. She's now ramping up to do a fitness swim suit competition. My sister has been to the hospital numerous times due to her inability to breath because of her anxiety. (Our family in not the most nurturing one for sure.)
Sounds great. I echo the suggestion to meditate. There are so many methods out there, you can surely find one that speaks to you. I like mindfulness meditation.

It might also be worth it to look at dietary triggers. Some of us are super sensitive to additives and sugars. These can charge us up and make us shakey. I lived with anxiety all my life. I was shocked how much better I felt when I gave up sugar entirely, which included most prepared foods because they are all made with at least a little sugar.
blog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 12:22 PM   #22  
New chick

S/C/G: 168/154.1/115

I think treatment in a clinic specifically for co would be beneficial, one that isn't really generalized eating disorders.

Insurance is really tricky as well with such clinic, really a pain in the ***

Last week was my first week in treatment, but I'm not continuing in treatment this week, I'll write about it in a post maybe and all the details.

Last edited by Bostoncreamprincess; 06-20-2016 at 12:23 PM.
Bostoncreamprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2016, 10:27 AM   #23  

S/C/G: SW: 323 CW: See Ticker GW: 180

Height: 5'8

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovelyLeah View Post
My psychiatrist has been pushing me to seek out an eating disorder clinic to learn how to better manage my compulsive overeating. I'm torn. Part of me is in denial and just thinks I have poor self-control. But another part of me knows that what I've been trying to do on my own isn't helping.

I feel like there is so much shame involved with asking for this extra help. It's just food. How hard is really to just eat normally? But the reality is that it's pretty d*** hard. I hate the stigma involved. My fiance, while supportive, has a really hard time understanding. He's on the opposite side of the spectrum. He only eats when he gets hungry which isn't very often. I eat whenever I get a craving or I'm bored. And once I start I can't stop until I'm in both physical and mental anguish. And the money! Don't get me started on how expensive binges are!

My only issue is that my insurance is changing and I'm not sure that I'll be able to afford going to a clinic to see a specialized therapist.
I am a recovered Anorexic/Bulimic/Compulsive Eater. I went to IP treatment for my eating disorders twice, and had excellent experiences at both clinics.

http://renfrewcenter.com/
http://shadesofhope.com/

TBH, it changed my life. Both experiences gave me a solid foundation for which I build my recovery upon. Granted, they didn't "cure" me, BUT... the experiences were phenomenal and I learned a great deal. The physical and mental anguish began to disappear, my symptoms ceased, and I found myself again (only, a better version!)

Wherever your journey takes you, best wishes to you. If you ever want to talk, feel free to message me. I'm about to send you a friend add.

Hugs
JesikaBeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2016, 01:15 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 215/188/150

Height: 5'4"

What is IP treatment? A quick search brought up chemo
Palestrina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2016, 08:57 AM   #25  

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palestrina View Post
What is IP treatment? A quick search brought up chemo
Inpatient (or residential) treatment, in this case she's talking about for an eating disorder.
Old 07-05-2016, 08:59 AM   #26  

LovelyLeah -- how are you? Haven't seen you reply back. Did you end up going IP?