Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 01-11-2014, 11:40 PM   #16  
"Evolution Required"

S/C/G: 250/Ticker/150

Height: 5'8

Keep it up guys. For me, in the beginning I had to be strict about ONLY drinking water, I wanted to change my pallet wholly, and I knew allowing other liquid flavors would allow me to cheat a bit. So I have been drinking water for 7 weeks now, not as a challenge, but as a life change. I am not going to say I won't ever have pepsi or a good glass of OJ for the rest of my life, but it will be a rarity (TOM cravings, I often allow a Pepsi, with a snickers bar of course ). Now, it probably was a little easier for me since I had already stopped drinking soda with frequency years ago. Juices were the only thing I had to cut back on.
So I commend you guys, because once you get started you'll wonder why you ever thought it was hard.
MarliQQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 12:08 AM   #17  

S/C/G: (HW:195) 185/182/148

Height: 5'10"

Well, I had a slip-up. I had a stressful day combined with my time of the month and ended up ordering a Coke. The upside is that I had two sips before deciding that it was disgusting; I threw the rest out. I was shocked. It is just way too sweet for me now, I guess.

So, back on the water only wagon!
Jubilee77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 01:56 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 217.6/153.2/140

Height: 5'5

I am in the midst of kicking diet pop out the door, so I'd like to join this! I'm not going to go 100% water, only because I've tried that before, been successful for like 2 weeks, and then ended up bingeing on soda. What I'm going to do differently this time is ONLY cut out the diet soda. So, tea, coffee, juice...those things are still allowed.

The reason I struggle so much with this (internally) is that growing up my parents didn't even allow pop in the house...we almost never had it! Family parties were the one exception. I started drinking it once I started living alone and now I've formed a really bad, needless habit. I just can't wrap my head around how hard it had been to kick such bad eating/drinking habits when they didn't even exist for more than half of my life!

That's enough of that though. Good luck everyone!
xRiotGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 09:06 AM   #19  

I have quit drinking soda more times than I can count and I slowly slide back. I quit drinking diet soda almost a year ago. Getting rid of artificial sweetener had made a huge difference in my health. I used to get several headaches per week and now I'm lucky if I have only a couple per month. I drink lots of regular soda. It's all empty calories and I need to stop!
lotta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 11:43 AM   #20  

^Good luck to you I've had the same experience...but continuing to try is always better than giving up.
Old 01-19-2014, 09:42 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 290.6/278.8/135

Height: 5'5"

I'm still hanging in there. Friday was the sales meeting at work. Sales meeting Fridays are always so hard because they serve us breakfast and lunch. Breakfast was the usual bacon, eggs, and biscuits. Lunch was hamburgers and fries. Not healthy at all. And of course there are sodas. But I opted for water.

It's progress!

This is Day 24 of my challenge!

Last edited by CourtneyDaisey; 01-19-2014 at 09:43 AM. Reason: Adding info
CourtneyDaisey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 11:03 AM   #22  

This is much harder than I thought...and I'm only 3 days in! But I haven't cracked yet. Usually I would come home from work and crack open a Diet Coke while surfing the web before heading to sleep, so it's really hard to resist that. But I have to keep reminding myself that it is only a habit...I haven't really had any caffeine withdrawals to deal with (luckily) since I've swapped out the soda for green tea. It's just the pleasure of a cold, tasty, fizzy drink at the end of a long day that I'm missing at this point. My tea is yummy though, so that helps!

Good luck everyone, keep on keepin' on!
Old 02-01-2014, 10:57 AM   #23  

Ah, jeez. Well safe to say I'm starting this challenge over! lol No excuses here. I've been a busy bee for the past week and a half, but that doesn't mean I have to compromise my eating habits in order to cope. Reboot! Good luck everyone.
Old 02-14-2014, 11:45 AM   #24  

Alright, back again to say that I'm trying this, AGAIN. Obviously I'm being persistent on this one. I just really really want to succeed at it! My downfall has been allowing myself those couple of sodas at work..it just totally broke me and like a bug in my brain started making me believe that when I was thirsty only soda would cure it. Bleh!

So, iced coffee in the morning, tea and water the rest of the day. That is the plan. That is how I will succeed at this. Day 1 again! lol

Last edited by xRiotGirl; 02-14-2014 at 11:46 AM.
Old 02-15-2014, 10:41 AM   #25  

S/C/G: 215/188/150

Height: 5'4"

How's it going OP? I'm not taking part in this challenge because I kicked my soda habit to the curb a few years ago and want to lend support. It CAN be done and it has been done by people weaker than us!! I occasionally do have soda but without addiction or guilt, and it's very seldom like a treat. I'm very happy with this arrangement.

Just wanted to say, it was really hard at first but it gets so easy I can't even explain it. The cravings do go away, and I'm so much happier eating my calories I did it by switching entirely to seltzer water. It was really yucky at first I stuck with it and now I exist entirely on one cup of coffee in the morning, seltzer all day, and a cup of cinnamon tea in the afternoon. I even bought a sodastream and make my own seltzer water, it sure is nice not having to buy seltzer!
Palestrina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 01:39 PM   #26  

^I actually did that myself last year and was really successful for a while. Gives you the fizz without the sugar And I was the same as you -- hated seltzer water all of my life until then! lol
Old 02-15-2014, 10:20 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 200/183/150

Height: 5'7

I drink a lot of water now.I even gave up the diet sodas
mrslosingit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 11:01 PM   #28  
i lost my head awhile ago

S/C/G: 286/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2

is putting water enhancement in water cheating? I use that mio stuff just to have a flavor in the water. I can drink water plain, it's just sometimes I have a taste for a fruit flavor without resorting to actual juice.
Mori M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 12:13 AM   #29  
maintaining since 9/2013

I'm hooked on Mio--I'll be interested to read the reply to Mori M's question. I keep saying I'll give it up but keep buying 'just one more'. Love my mango peach flavoring (& orange food coloring, lol)!
mars735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 08:20 AM   #30  

S/C/G: 215/188/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mars735 View Post
I'm hooked on Mio--I'll be interested to read the reply to Mori M's question. I keep saying I'll give it up but keep buying 'just one more'. Love my mango peach flavoring (& orange food coloring, lol)!
Mio ingredients:Mio Water Enhancer. Liquid, Fruit Punch 1.62 oz. Ingredients: Water, Malic Acid, Propylene Glycol, Citric Acid, Contains Less than 2% of Natural Flavor, Sucralose and Acesulfame Potassium (Sweeteners), Potassium Citrate, Red 40, Potassium Sorbate (Preservative).

It's pretty much diet soda so I can't see the difference it's loads of chemicals you're drinking with this. Fruit itself has lots of flavor. You can crush a bit of actual peach or lemon or raspberries in your water and get real flavor but at the same time you do have to be careful because it will up the calories. But it's better to have some real flavor in there than chemicals.

I liked flavored chemicals at one point too but, really what is there to like? mmmmm yummy chemicals
Palestrina is offline   Reply With Quote