Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 05-25-2013, 07:30 AM   #91  

S/C/G: 180/176/155

Height: 5'8

Eskadee- So true! Living in an apartment and having to buy all my food right at the expensive Whole Foods-sized health food store that is right around the corner makes me realize how much money I have wasted from binging!
I hope I can keep going with this. Today will be Day 7. I'm going to have breakfast soon, and then maybe a walk?
Either way, today is already a good day from my weigh in- 77.1 kg! Which means just under 170lbs. I have made it into the 160s! Albeit, 169.9, but still

Last edited by PaintedPonies; 05-25-2013 at 08:13 AM.
PaintedPonies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 10:25 AM   #92  

S/C/G: 201.6/137/135

Height: 5'2"

20 days binge free! Weight still at 123 and eating just about everything in moderation.
Charin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 12:06 PM   #93  

S/C/G: 116/116/110

Height: 5'2

Hello everyone. It has been a while since I've stopped by. It's strange because I went binge free in January until a few weeks ago. It seems like once my body got a taste of that binge it's all it has wanted because last week I binged 6 out of 7 days and last night I did as well after only 2 days binge free. I'm finding it harder to pick myself up and trust myself and feel a bit fragile. I guess I've been a bit lonely and not being able to workout (hurt my knee when a car nicked me at the crosswalk Monday!) has exacerbated the whole thing. So I've made an appointment with a therapist. This has not worked for me in the past but I did have male therapists and asked for a woman this time. Anyone ever find help this way?
laceyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 12:13 PM   #94  

S/C/G: 260.8/248.8/150

Height: 5'7"

Day 7... It's been a hard few days, but I keep reminding myself that binging is not an option.
BethC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 01:39 PM   #95  
SkinnyGina

Height: FiveSix

Default Control issues

Hello- will there be a challenge starting in June? I am having really bad episodes of binge eating and could use some support and tips to get back some control. I am having trouble making it through one week. Thanks!
SkinnyGina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 07:54 PM   #96  
*Embrace Power*

S/C/G: 332/279.8/195

Height: 5'5

I have been doing really good with not binging. Even when there is tempting food around, I only have a bit. This is very new for me, I feel like I am finally getting a grip on myself and understanding what my triggers are. Even tonight I had a very small piece of a super delicious dessert I make for my husband and I and I didn't go overboard. I've been good since May 6th, and I think I can keep it up!
Pink Hurricane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 07:09 PM   #97  

S/C/G: 116/116/110

Height: 5'2

Hi everyone, I hope all those in the States like me are having a great holiday weekend. I am on Day 2 of no binging and am feeling sane again. I got my first workout in after a week, an 4 miles on the treadmill and 20 minutes on the stairclimber, and I can't believe how much better I feel. I succumbed to the morbid curiosity to see how much I gained. About 4 or 5 pounds, but I'm hopeful some of it's water weight from a full on week of binge eating. I swear, it's never been that bad before! My once a month binge would devastate me but this was really an eye opener and took me to a really dark place. I'm sure you all can relate.

Charin, I've read a few of your posts, great job on all your hard work! It seems like you are on the right track. I like reading posts from other shorties because it can be more of a challenge to keep the weight off.

Pink Hurricane, congrats on the streak! Good luck and I am glad you treated yourself!
laceyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 06:42 AM   #98  

S/C/G: IDK

Height: 5'9

skinnygina there's a thread for every month so don't worry

i decided to stay on track today, no more binging for the rest of the may. i gained about 4-5 pounds and it's not just water weight. i'm so close to my starting weight from three years ago. i can't let myself gain all back and then return home in the summer and hear all the critics from my family. i know i can do this. why is it so hard for me to lose 20 pounds and easier to lose 50???
missunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 10:07 AM   #99  
*Embrace Power*

S/C/G: 332/279.8/195

Height: 5'5

Charin~ Way to go girl!! Keep it up, you are creating a new habit for sure!
Lacey~ Good for you for getting back on track! I always feel soooo much better after a workout. Granted before and during I am cursing the workout itself, but I never regret doing it after, and I love how my mood and overall mental state lifts after!

Day 21 and I am feeling really great! Last night my husband and I ended up having some Bryer's Birthday Cake ice cream and it was super yummy but I didn't go overboard!

I think it helped that we had just did our Plyometric Insanity workout. I think keeping in mind that I didn't want to undo all my hard work kept me in moderation!
Pink Hurricane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 01:32 PM   #100  

S/C/G: 201.6/137/135

Height: 5'2"

Thanks laceyj and pink hurricane, one day at a time!!! I am breaking both the bingeing AND purging habit which go almost hand in hand for me.

I am re-reading the book "Made to Crave" by Lysa Terkeurst which helped me a lot at the beginning of my weight loss journey to realize how much I was trying to fill a void with food when I could be filling myself up with God and His Word. I think along the way I lost sight of that so I am refreshing my memory .
Charin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 10:59 PM   #101  

S/C/G: SW 136 CW 105 and maintaining

Height: 5.2

I am not bingeing but I am not eating healthy either, and my running is really poor these days. I will try to pick myself up, but I really find it hard to eat my veggies and prefer to eat crackers and fruit, cheese and candy... That is all comfort food for me. I'll have to take a deep breath and see if tomorrow I can do it better!
inglesita64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 07:38 AM   #102  

S/C/G: IDK

Height: 5'9

inglesita64 i have the same problem. carbs over veggies anytime.

so i'm on day 3 but i already crave cupcakes sooo much and i just want to give in. i already lost some water weight and made a new plan as to where i want to be 2 months from now but with all the exams and studying i'm affraid i'll just gain more. :/

good luck to all of you. 3 more days to go till the end of the month.
missunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 01:55 PM   #103  

S/C/G: SW 136 CW 105 and maintaining

Height: 5.2

Come on, missunshine! One day at a time. Think of where you want to be today, and day by day you will get where you want to be.
Just a couple of days and we beat May! Standing a fight is winning already.
inglesita64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 11:49 AM   #104  
SkinnyGina

Height: FiveSix

Thanks Miss Sunshine... and I have the same problem to. I think this is where mindfulness comes into play. I have trouble maintaining even longer then 2-3 days recently but I know we can do this I just finished school and can understand how stressful it all is! But the cupcakes will just make you feel more stressed in the long run.
SkinnyGina is offline   Reply With Quote