Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 01-11-2013, 02:49 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 396/351/160

Height: 5'7"

Default Feeling Hopeful

This has been the longest that I've stayed on any kind of weight loss plan in years. Aside from the fact that it's nice to see the pounds drop off, I've been trying to figure out what's different. Here's what's working for me. Care to share what's working for you to keep the binges away?

1) Mindful eating -- new rule: I can only eat at a table with the TV off and no book. Gets boring after awhile instead of realizing there are no more chips left in the bag.
2) Post on 3FC EVERY DAY. Either a post here or in my blog.......which I've had to password protect due to spam, but just writing down my thoughts have helped.
3) Dieting buddy. We're sharing our ups and downs. And we know we'll be seeing each other periodically so we can be supportive and wow our families.
4) Look at the mini-goal pictures here -- they are so inspirational to me as in my mind I'm still that young, thin girl instead of this old fat lady. But at least I can eventually look like a "mature" thin lady one day.

Maybe I'm playing mind games with myself, but it seems like I'm concentrating more on the what I'm doing and when I'm eating as opposed to giving in to an urge to eat something forbidden.
betsy2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 02:57 PM   #2  

Great post Betsy, I can identify with everything you wrote!

I think sometimes I am playing mind games with myself too but I have to! And it's working!

I do spend much too much time online now whether it's my laptop, tablet or phone. But reading these posts are therapeutic for me and keep me on track.

As far as keeping the binges away, I don't have any impulse foods in my house as I really can't be trusted with them. I also track every single piece of food, drink, everything in MFP and I really do not want to log something that makes me feel guilty (I know I shouldn't feel guilty about food but I am on a special diet that I am dedicating a lot of time and effort to and don't want to hurt my progress).

I love posts like these. I learn so much from other people plus I have to think about my own situation. Thank you for starting this, I can't wait to read all of the other replies!

Last edited by elvislover324; 01-11-2013 at 02:57 PM. Reason: typo
elvislover324 is offline   Reply With Quote