Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 09-25-2012, 07:01 PM   #76  
Lifestyle Changes

S/C/G: 295/sig/175

Height: 5'9

I have been doing pretty great, although a few days ago some donuts literally brought me to my knees! I scarfed 900 donut calories down in 20 minutes, on my knees in front of counter because even in my moment of crumbling lack of self control I remembered that you shouldn't eat standing up. I don't think that's the right application, but at least I was trying.

Anyways, I ate to maintenance calories that day and continued on the next morning, slowly lowering myself down to 1,850. The scale matches my ticker again! That's a win for me.

Today I was tempted by a cookie, which I ate and counted into my calories, but then I was tempted by a cupcake! I looked up the calories and decided it wasn't worth it.

I'm feeling pretty good about a binge free September!
thewalrus0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 05:07 AM   #77  

Height: 5ft3

The scale - oh what a problem it is - it does keep me in check and is scientific proof as to what my weight actually is - but it also affects my emotions - for me and I know that this isn't for everyone - I prefer to weigh every morning - because I can handle the fluctuations that way - if I weighed once a week and after thinking i was doing well the scale was up 2 plus pounds it would be disaster- and drive me into self pity eating mode
Jalsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 10:29 PM   #78  
Jessica

S/C/G: 153/132/fit and confident

Height: 5'8"

Thewalrus- I love that you remembered to sit down ;-) but what I love more is that you ate to maintainance and stopped! Congratulations!

Jalsa- weighing every day is usually what works best for me also. It's those dang "whooshes" of weight loss when I think my subconscious thinks I deserve a reward :P

Today will make 4 days... This weekend we'll be out of town with some friends whose favorite thing is to eat out... But I'm going to prove to myself that I can do it!!
danzingurl77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 06:52 AM   #79  

Height: 5ft3

I'm kinda feeling OK and getting into some sort of new lifestyle and doing new things to give myself me time- the me time was always a problem and I treated myself to clothes that did not yet fit and binges when I felt the need for some TLC , the bingeing still happens - but it appears to be getting less and I am managing to fit in to some of those tight clothes that I bought for a sunny day
Jalsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 01:08 PM   #80  

S/C/G: 152/135/125

Uh, I binged today, after almost a whole month of being binge free. I feel sick. I'll try to get right back on the wagon tomorrow.
I didn't even feel the urge to binge... it just happened, like, out of nowhere.
Amygdala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 06:03 AM   #81  

S/C/G: IDK

Height: 5'9

two days ago i had the most horrible experience which really got me thinking.
i collapsed twice at work after a strong pain struck me in my spine. it all happened during the concert and there were so many people and someone called the paramedics and they took me to emergency even though i was ok right away. i didn't want to go to emergency cause i was so scared that they would find something is wrong with me or my blood results and luckily the results came all normal but the worst part was seeing the people in the waiting room who were ten times worst than me. i don't want to end up with heart attack in my thirties. this food and reaching the perfect weight is getting me nowhere. i've dedicated the last three years of my life to weight loss and weight gain and it has to stop. it doesn't hit you untill you see the consequences and even then it might be too late.
i'm moving tomorrow and i have so much things to do, i'm stressed and tired like a race horse and i had to mark a day in my calendar for relax and rest. :/
good luck with october girls, i hope it brings us more luck
missunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 10:23 AM   #82  
Because I am.

S/C/G: 292/200/165

Height: 5' 7"

Default Almost There

28 binge free days are in the book for me and I'm starting 29. I'm not saying that I didn't cheat on my food program! The week before my period is a super difficult time for me but I managed to keep my cheats at single servings. My worst day was 2 cheats in a day—one in the morning and one in the afternoon—but while I didn't resist the chocolate cravings, I also didn't lose control and binge. My reward for the effort this month? I've lost 10 pounds. I'm so pleased.
worththeeffort2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 09:20 PM   #83  
Jessica

S/C/G: 153/132/fit and confident

Height: 5'8"

Missunshine- how scary! I hope you are doing alright! I'm so glad people were there to help you! I hope you can find the time for some rest and relaxation!

Worththeeffort- that's so great! What an accomplishment!

Amygdala- I'm sure you can get back on track in no time!!

Jalsa- I hope that your bingeing continues to decrease!

I can't believe it but I made it through the weekend away! I ate to maintainance but didn't binge! Tomorrow is my 12 mile run, so I know I'll have NO appetite tomorrow- but come Monday... I'm going to need some encouragement! ;-)
danzingurl77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 04:22 PM   #84  

S/C/G: 152/135/125

Well, another binge day. But tomorrow is the first day of October - maybe that gives me the little extra bit of motivation I need.

Good luck for your run danzingurl, enjoy it!

missunshine, I hope you feel better, this sounds like a very scary experience!
Amygdala is offline   Reply With Quote