Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 04-20-2012, 03:49 PM   #16  
Changing for the better

S/C/G: 268/257/150

Height: 5'8"

When I go to Wendy's I get a 1/2 apple chicken pecan salad with dried cranberries and pomegranate dressing & a small chili

Last edited by TiffNeedsChange; 04-20-2012 at 03:49 PM.
TiffNeedsChange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 04:39 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 205/188/140

Height: 5' 4"

Yeah, I'm not fond of fast food salads either. I will get a small burger with
no mayo and no cheese. It's generally not bad for calories. Then I will go home and eat a salad, lol.

Edited to add: No, it's not weird. If I liked them, I would do it too.

Last edited by tea2; 04-20-2012 at 04:40 PM.
tea2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 05:26 PM   #18  
threenorns

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalCowgirl View Post
only order a salad?

I just went to Wendy's to pick up dinner for later tonight and ordered a salad, mind you this is only once in a while that I go. I normally order salads at restaurants and people tend to think nothing of it. Though at Wendys I was getting strange looks since I ordered just a salad and nothing else. It just felt awkward, I don't care about the stairs but they were like you come to here and order that? I normally make my own but I wanted to change things up, and decided to order the half size spicey chicken ceasar sald at 450 calories. I find their salads not half bad and so much better than their normal meals.

Anybody else do this lol or am I the weird person?
AAAAAAAAAAAAALLL the time, losing weight or not.

what can i say - i like salad.
Old 04-21-2012, 10:32 AM   #19  

Recently I went to McD's (in the UK) because they were giving out free glasses. I had a salad and it was horrid! My boyfriend was sitting in front of me tucking into a huge burger and chips. My salad was wilting lettuce, a bit of grated carrot, a few tomatoes and floppy chicken. But we got two glasses and left without guilt!
Marinor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 04:27 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 172/see ticker/135

Height: 5ft 3.5

I like the apple chicken pecan salad from wendy's. I usually get the small size. We went the other day and I just got a small chili. I think it has 220 calories. I believe Arby's has good salads too, it's been awhile since I have had one though. I try to get salads when we go out to eat, but we do have splurge days, and usually it's just one meal that's a splurge lol. A few weeks ago my hubby was craving 5 guys burger and fries, so we stopped and boy were they good!
want2bskine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 04:51 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 285/211/165

Height: 5'6"

The funniest was when I found a stand that had salads at the county fair last summer. Everyone around me was pigging on deep fried this & that - got a lot of "you are being so GOOD!!!" comments from strangers.

Some of those salads sound good though, I may have to try some next time my son asks for ff... usually I just wait to eat till we get home (or plan a burger into my day)
juliana77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 05:33 PM   #22  

I do eat the Chick fil a salads. Even if we go to a non fast food restaurant it is usually a salad that I order. My DD told me the other day that I should start a salad blog since that is all I order and I should know the good ones vs the bad ones.
lewden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 07:04 PM   #23  

I'm not too crazy about fast food salad either, sometimes it's actually heavier than a burger or any other food in the menu that's considered "junk". When circumstances force me to order something at a fast food, I just skip the dressing and the meat in the salad.
Natasha22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 08:52 PM   #24  
sugar is the devil

LOVE the Apple Pecan Chicken salad from Wendy's. Just looked at the nutritional information page and it's their salad with the least calories, fat, and sodium (altho it has the most sugar). Mmmmmm!
SweetScrumptious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 07:36 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 200/183/150

Height: 5'7

i also prefare home salads.But if i go to el pollo i get a leg and small salad.I love pico de gio on mine
mrslosingit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 10:57 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 184 /179/140

Height: 5'8"

Hmm. Most the time I just can't resist the latest thing or those pictures of the burgers and fries. Ugh, Fries, you are evil. But I actually like the salads. I am commited, next time we go, it's a salad all the way. I can't wait to try the one at Wendy's that everyone has raved about!
clownfish13 is offline   Reply With Quote