Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 11-30-2011, 06:58 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 256/ticker/170

Height: 5'11"

Question Cutting out sugar....HELP!

Well, after last nights binge, I've decided a lot, but mostly that I need to cut sugar from my diet. I don't really eat brownies, ice cream, cakes, etc but my trigger foods are (to name a few) white bread, white pasta, chips, crackers, pizza, ... So would you say sugar plays a big part? But on the same hand, I overeat with potatoes, rice, sandwiches, meat dishes, etc. So I would say that maybe I overrated those things because I truly love the way they taste, because I dont necessarily binge on them, if this makes sense? But my trigger foods need to go ! Where do I begin? Obviously get them out of the house, right? Or declare them off limits. But how do I decide what good sugar like fruit is and where to draw the line? Eek! Such confusion
FatToFitWife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 07:10 AM   #2  

One more question lol I swear!! My co fusion comes in right niw, when I'm looking in my kitchen...honey, Greek yogurt. Bad? Good? Ahhhhhh! I do have the SOS, stop only sugar book that ill look at today.
Old 11-30-2011, 10:39 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 218/207/155

Height: 5'7"

I think you're triggers are more carbohydrates vice sugar. The foods you named, eaten excessively, are carb overload!

Perhaps you can try to switch out all the "white" for whole grains. Instead of white rice, get brown rice. Instead of white bread -> whole wheat/grain. That way you're not feeling completely deprived of carbs.

I'm like you though - I'll pick a fat steak over ice cream and cake ANY day
mammasita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 11:16 AM   #4  

That's exactly how I am too!!! Definitely the steak . Ok, so maybe if I just limit my carbs & make the ones I do eat, whole wheat or whole grain, that'll help? Thanks!!
Old 11-30-2011, 11:36 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 218/207/155

Height: 5'7"

I do think it will help.

There's also whole wheat pasta or brown rice pasta that is pretty good!
mammasita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 02:30 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 133.4/123.2/115

The easiest/most logical place to begin for me is deciding what I will eat, instead of what I won’t.

I don't bring candy/treats into my house because I just don't like them very much, but I purposely don't bring in things like kettle chips or anything salty and delicious like jalapeno pretzels or full-fat extra sharp cheese because they’re so delicious and not worth the calorie bang.

That being said, I do think that it’s good to center your meals around veggies and protein sources, then think of whole grain starches as an accompaniment and not the bulk of the meal.

I love this time of year because I can make stews, soups, chili, etc and they're so delicious and can be light in calories, carbs, and fat. Whenever possible, I pre-portion before I sit down to eat. I have a lot of small Tupperware containers, so I measure, close them up, and put them away in the freezer. That way I’m not tempted to eat any extras AND I have meals that are ready for me on days that I don’t want to or don’t have the time to cook.

I love to browse recipe blogs, magazines, and cookbooks to find new recipes that I can try. I usually make 2-3 dishes on weekends, freeze them in portions, and I always have a varied selection of meals to eat during the week.
Munchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 06:36 AM   #7  

Thanks, I love the idea of making a few pre portioned meals and freezing them. I'm thinking I'm going to make a few soups this weekend
Old 12-02-2011, 07:49 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 130

Height: 5'9

Yes your problem seems to be carbs and not sugar...although the high-carb foods you've mentioned quickly turn into sugar in your blood also creating a sugar-dependacy...the above advice is good to choose healthy substitutes to your current choices (whole wheat, brown rice etc...). My problem is sugar, and hence started a no-sugar/low-carb diet a few days ago. I'm doing ok, its far more psychological-challenging than physical. Good luck
nat123 is offline   Reply With Quote