Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 11-23-2011, 06:01 PM   #151  

S/C/G: 174/167/145

Height: 5'8

Alrighty, I had to make a lot of food today for tomorrow. Mashed potatoes, turnips, candied yams (er... sweet potatoes), and a veggie dish. I snacked on what I was making, fruits, and veggies as my lunch and dinner. I've no clue how many calories I ate, but I'm sure not more than maintenance. Plus, I'm going to the gym.

I'm so worried about this weekend though. I'll try really hard not to have seconds and thirds of pie, but it's hard. Especially when you're left alone...

I'm going to turn a notebook into a 'progress book' and log in every day about binges, accomplishments, how well I ate, urges I had, etc.
I hope this will help me... I'm a little excited about it too!
MeganTheMushroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 06:33 PM   #152  

S/C/G: IDK

Height: 5'9

xbeccax...yeah that's how it started with me too...hiding food in my room and eating when no one is home or when they sleep. but even then i feel nervous because i feel like someone is watching me trough a hidden camera or like someone is gonna suddenly burst into my room. i told myself that once i will be living alone i won't have to do this and all food will be allowed and everything will be stored in the kitchen. that's why i can't wait to move on my own, but it won't happen any time soon.
and i probably binged because i had pms but i usually don't have cravings. but i'm very happy that i got my period again after three months

Last edited by missunshine; 11-23-2011 at 06:34 PM.
missunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 06:29 PM   #153  

well no binging today...no time
Old 11-24-2011, 08:46 PM   #154  
Jessica

S/C/G: 153/132/fit and confident

Height: 5'8"

Good job missunshine! Hope everyone had a great thanksgiving! No bingeing for me! I think the fact that I didn't restrict myself from anything actually worked to my advantage. In fact, I'm not even at my maintinance calories for the end of the day-- and I don't feel deprived. I ought to try being a little nicer to myselfore often, maybe it'll be easier to avoid binges! I'm off to the in-laws for the weekend though and they are crazy food-pushers. Heres to day 6!

I hope everyone had a wonderful guilt-free holiday!
danzingurl77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 06:25 PM   #155  

thanks danzingurl i'm really happy for you for not overeating for holidays!

i did ok today, no binging and also under my calorie range and also my mom made pancakes with nutella for dinner but i didn't have them because it was late when i got home and i also ate at work before.

OT but i just remeber that fruitlady hasn't been here a while. i hope she's not here because she won the battle with binging
Old 11-25-2011, 06:43 PM   #156  

S/C/G: 278/163/143

Hey, guys...I've suffered with bingeing for years...I used to go up to weeks without an "episode" Now it's more like every few days...and it can be soooo ugly and out of control....I'm at work and about to leave...but I'm glad I found this group. I've actually been a member of the Sugarbuster's forum for years and yes, I was close to 300 pounds several years ago...then my average weight was 158-165...sz 10. But my bingening has been crazy for the past couple months and I'm around180 now and a sz 14. I've got to get some sense of control. I will post more throughly about me and my "story" on Monday when I get access to the computer again...I'm so glad to see a group where u don't have to just center it on ur diet plan and weight but can vent...I got a lot of that to do,lol.
heartmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 06:44 PM   #157  

S/C/G: 278/163/143

My ticker is not accurate(unfortuanately)..will change next wk
heartmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 11:57 PM   #158  
Jessica

Thanks missunshine! Where is everyone??
Heartmom- good luck on your journey!
I'm finishing up on day 7, I've hit my maintinance calories for the last two days and I have a feeling that tomorrow will be tough... Good luck everyone!
Old 11-26-2011, 12:18 AM   #159  

S/C/G: 258/229/175

Height: 5' 11"

Well I'm sure I overate yesterday but I did a lot of things to make sure I couldn't overeat as much as usual for Thanksgiving. Only cooked small portions and made mini pies and tucked half of them in the freezer for Christmas. I didn't binge though and that's the big thing for me right now. Lost my internet connection for two nights so it's good to be back. Working on Night 6 here.
Goldie Oldie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 10:07 AM   #160  

Default dessert

I've been working hard and was down 7 lbs. However, today I woke up and was up three. Should I be concerned or could that just be because I had lots of liquids last night? I've stayed away from all the pie and just had lots of fruit for dessert. Could I have gained three lbs. from just fruit?
chocolateluv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 02:00 PM   #161  
Sandee

Height: 5' 2"

I am such a failure...I gave in & ate everything that looked yummy...I think the expression 'peer pressure' is just an excuse for 'being careless/not taking responsibility for yourself' because I did what everyone else did & I ate
Today is Day #1 Again of not Binging & being active for 30 minutes, I stacked wood for our wood-stove & then walked the dog
Good Luck everyone

1 for each 4 pds I Lost
miniDoodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 02:13 PM   #162  

S/C/G: 337/164/160

Height: 5' 6.5" ('cuz the .5 counts!)

I made a plan for this weekend and shared it with my DH. Seemed to work when I made my intentions clear to someone else. So far, so good. If I feel a little iffy, I drink a glass of water. Maybe all the walking to the bathroom can count toward exercise this weekend?!?!?!
ptod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 06:06 PM   #163  

i am sooo tired...working all day and my eating is all over the place..a friend had a birthday so she brought sweets to work and i had pizza for lunch after working all day.i didin't binge and i'm so sleepy and hungry but it's late to eat. my weight is up because of tom ans i feel like a baloon.i've been going trough my old photos and i still can't believe how could i do this to myself...so much effort has been wasted in a few months.
Old 11-26-2011, 10:28 PM   #164  

S/C/G: 217 /*/140

Height: 5'5"

wow, I got through a week. This no binging thing is working for getting my weight back down too.

minidoodles, you are not a failure. You just failed for one day.

missun, I feel your pain, I can't believe how bad I look after a couple of months of bad behavior. It really shows! The thing is we can obtain the victory, we know where we go wrong.

ptod, having someone in your corner helps a lot.

chocolate, that fruit weighs something and is full of fiber--it will take a few days and you will be back down, but wayyyy better than pie!!!
jendiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 11:30 PM   #165  
Jessica

Jendiet- good job on making it a week! And a holiday week nonetheless!

Ptod- I'm glad you've got a good support system!

As for me, I'm laying here sick as a dog. From an actual sickness? No. From overeating. Food pushing family got the best of me. Pancakes for breakfast, pizza for lunch, tacos for dinner, cake for dessert, and chocolate candy thrown in all in between. I'm so sick to my stomach... If anyone has a good "after binge" miracle please tell me. We're supposed to meet for a breakfast buffet tomorrow morning and then, thank heavens, we're going home. Can't wait to get back to being in control over what is served at mealtimes...