Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 09-26-2011, 12:41 PM   #1  
Super Single Mom

S/C/G: HW/SW 275/ CW 266.2 /GW 160

Height: 5'7"

Default Binge Free Challenge: 9.26.11 - 10.10.11

Welcome to the binge-free challenge!!

This is a place where you can come in and talk about binging. Feel free to post about your successes and your struggles and keep track of how many days you've been binge free. You can also vent about anything and everything you feel like getting out. We are here to share our feelings and to encourage and inspire each other.

No negativity! We are strong chicks and I KNOW we all can do this!! And we don't have to do it alone, we have each other to get us through the rough times.

ALL chicks are welcome -- no one is excluded! If you are trying to lose weight, not trying, maintaining, recovering from an eating disorder, in the midst of one, or have ANY kind of problem with food, we would love to have you join us!!

Jump in head first!!! We WILL catch you!
Vixsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 12:41 PM   #2  
Super Single Mom

Today is Day 352.
Old 09-26-2011, 12:51 PM   #3  
Jessica

S/C/G: 153/132/fit and confident

Height: 5'8"

Woo hoo! Thanks vixsin for always keeping this going! Today is day 7 for me!
danzingurl77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 01:05 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 177/142.6/134

Height: 5'5

Day 34!
tyla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 02:32 PM   #5  

Height: 1'7.5"

Hello everybody. Day 17.
Tigrre, I am so very sorry that you had a difficult weekend. I hope that whatever made it rough has or will work itself out. What matters now is that you are focusing on TODAY and starting over
I almost joined you yesterday and I had no reason. No hungrier than usual, no unusual events, just felt like eating. The only thing that stopped me is that I lose wt. extremely slowly and I did not want to backtrack.
Fruitlady, how nice that you are feeling better and listening to your body as well as your head. You've done so well and learned so much while doing it that staying on track, though probably not easy, in some respect perhaps feels like second nature. Can't wait to get there too.
Way to go everybody!
Copied my post from the wrong thread on which I posted this morning
Old 09-26-2011, 03:01 PM   #6  

Hi boomerang, tyla, danzingurl77, and vixsin! Popping in quickly to say I'm on Day 8! Holy smokes! Having a Monday where I'm not ridden with guilt by what I ate over the weekend is pretty awesome. All of you made it, too!

Let's make this a great week. I am rooting for all of you
Susie4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 04:05 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 262/165/135

Height: 5'4"

Way to go!! That is fantastic! Here's hoping you and all have a fantastic week!
obesa50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 05:46 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 220/204/125

Height: 5'3''

Just found this today and I think it's a great concept for a thread! Ummm, I'm going to have to start tomorrow but I'm on board! Exactly what I needed to read today, thanks!
luvinit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 07:53 AM   #9  

Day 9 Have a strong Tuesday!

I have made a great discovery. I have a part-time job at an amazing grocery store, so you can imagine during and leaving work, there are temptations everywhere.

Here it is - I love eggs, and I started eating three eggs before my shift (not one, not two, but three!), and I also sprinkle some chia seeds on them. I have found that it is incredibly filling (all that good protein and fat, and fiber from the seeds). Last night we had a department meeting with free food. Since I ate my eggs right before, I had a small slice of pizza and good serving of salad. *Usually*, during the rest of the meeting, I would be still be so hungry (either physically or emotionally), thinking about all the leftovers that no one was eating, it would drive me crazy. And that would lead to me buying lots more food to eat that night.

By eating an extra 70 or 140 calories (those eggs), it saves me THOUSANDS of calories later on. I truly didn't feel tempted to eat more pizza, etc. Maybe it has to do with suppressing a spike in my blood sugar? I don't know, but it has really helped.

Last edited by Susie4; 09-27-2011 at 07:55 AM.
Susie4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 09:39 AM   #10  
Super Single Mom

Default Good Morning!!!!

Let's start it off right... AHH!!! I'm such a hugger! LOL

Today is Day 353 here. Getting close to a year.

Susie: Congrats on Day 9! Today should be double digits for you!! OUTSTANDING discovery last night at work! Reading your post was "music to my ears"! You are spot on with your theory about your blood sugar. When we keep it regulated, there aren't those horrible peaks and valleys that cause us to be SUPER hungry. I used to refer to those times as the moments where I stood in front of the fridge and unhinged my jaw like a snake and HAD at it! LOL Anywho, great job! There are and will continue to be many revelations on the binge free journey.

to luvinit and obsesa. You'll love it here.

Boomerange: Great job on Day 17!

Tyla: You go, girl!

danzingurl77: Great job on making it a full week!!! Keep it going!
Old 09-27-2011, 11:29 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 177/142.6/134

Height: 5'5

Day 35

Hi Everyone!

I'm a little late for work, so I'm just going to give you all a hug.

Let's stay strong.
tyla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 12:04 PM   #12  
Lifting geek

S/C/G: 130/125/110

Height: 4'9''

Do cheat days count as binging? I have a cheat day per week, when I eat over my maintenance level in terms of calories and also eat way more carbs than the rest of the week, usually in the form of sweets.
Kittenmancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 01:05 PM   #13  

Hi everyone, day 18.
Kittenmancer I am not quite certain what you mean by "cheat". I call that kind of day a "planned off program day". I keep mine to about 1-2/month since I lose very slowly. I would be reluctant to call mine a "cheat" day, just because of the implications. I may think "oh well, I cheated anyway so what's the difference, I might as well eat what I want and start again tomorrow". For me, that may mean the start of a binge week, month...year. If I PLAN an off program day, however, once it is over, I continue with my normal eating. If it works for you to call it a cheat day and it does not snowball, if you continue to lose weight, if the things you eat do not affect your health, I think it may be a different way of living with your eating program. Many people plan higher calorie levels on the weekends and that works fine for them. Some people even find that they lose a bit better if they keep their calorie count variable. Good luck

Tyla , seeing that second digit go up, following your "3" makes me for you!!! Great job!
Vixsin Had to laugh at the image you presented. One of the cartoons that always tickled my funny bone due to the fact that I SO recognized the feeling was Garfield holding John by his shirt collar and saying " I WANT FOOD, LOTS OF IT AND RIGHT NOW!!!" That's ME!!! Can you believe that you are at almost a year???? Way to go!!! and thank you for keeping us motivated, by keeping the thread going

Susie, you work WHERE???? OMG, I always thought that if I worked ANYwhere near food, I'd weight 500#! I have such respect for you, for being so close to temptation and managing to do what you do! We are told to eat before we go shopping but for me it never worked. Just seeing and smelling the things in stores where food is available would turn me into a vacuum. Your plan is so awesome! Congratulations for seeking and finding interventions that help you stay on your plan. Clearly it works; 9 days!!!
luvinit How is your first day going? I found this thread the most motivating of places. Knowing that I need to come here every day and post my number has stopped me from binging several times during the last almost three weeks. Seeing the numbers in the 300s and 400s, posted by my role models proves that IT CAN BE DONE! Good luck and

obesa50 How is your day going?
Fruitlady, hope you are still feeling well.
Have a great day everyone.
boomerang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 01:26 PM   #14  
Lifting geek

S/C/G: 130/125/110

Height: 4'9''

"Planned off-program day" sounds better than "cheat day", indeed. The idea is to cycle both calories and carbs to keep my body from going into starvation mode and hoarding fat. The next step is to reduce it to half a day a week.

So, not counting the planned off-program day, day 8 here and going pretty well, hardly had any cravings.
Kittenmancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 01:52 PM   #15  

Kittenmancer 8 days is fantastic! Way to go!
boomerang is offline   Reply With Quote