Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 09-29-2011, 08:15 PM   #31  
Maintainer since 8/15/09

S/C/G: 173/118.6/110-115lbs.

Height: 5'3

Hi all!

I've been so busy, but did find time to over eat on Monday, LOL I wouldn't say it was a binge. Just all day of eating what I wanted even though I wasn't hungry. But I started over anyway, day 3!
fruitlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 09:13 PM   #32  

Despite yesterday (my Day 10) being kind of craptastic, Day 11 was solid!

Hope all you chickies are doing well and finding the support you need. I sure am! Remember, you are worth this, all of it. You, sitting right there, reading this.

We know how hard this is, but surely we are strong and capable enough to conquer this.
Susie4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 12:23 AM   #33  

S/C/G: 273/133.4/123

Day 4, I'm still on track!
tigrre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 10:36 AM   #34  

S/C/G: 177/142.6/134

Height: 5'5

day 38 These last few days were really tough ones, but I made it thru by praying, exercising and distracting myself anyway that I could.

Keep up the great work Boomerang, Susie, Tigrre, Danzingurl (Thank you for the compliment), Vixsin and Fruitlady.

Paris, where are you?

We can do this together!

Last edited by tyla; 09-30-2011 at 10:38 AM.
tyla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 10:43 AM   #35  

tigrre, congrats on day 4!

tyla, 38 days, wow. You are doing so well and you are very inspiring to me. Maybe it's been getting tough because you are restricting yourself too much? Be confident and trust yourself to do what is right. You've made it so far

Today is Day 12 for me. Here's to a *sensible* and *nourishing* weekend of eating
Susie4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 01:42 PM   #36  
Lifting geek

S/C/G: 130/125/110

Height: 4'9''

Congrats on everyone who's made it so far, you rock!

I'm still on track at the end of day 11, although yesterday was rather idiotic and today was mostly travel and hassle as we moved to Amsterdam from the south of Netherlands. But my refrigerator is now stocked with healthy food from the nearby market and tomorrow I have my first gym session in a couple of weeks, so it's good. I don't foresee any issues on Saturday and Sunday is a planned off-program day. At this point I'm aiming at eating as usual but splurging on some Australian chocolates I got in Maastricht, which are supposed to be seven kinds of fabulous and also with all-natural ingredients, so I need to eat them before they spoil (heh. heh heh!).
Kittenmancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 05:17 PM   #37  

susie, congrats on day 12! Thanks for your concern and encouragement. I think I was going thru some kind of weird phase the last few days. I feel good today. No eating issues. Maybe cause it's FRIDAY, my fav. Thanks again!

Kitten, congrats on day 11, and good luck in your move!

Last edited by tyla; 09-30-2011 at 05:20 PM.
Old 09-30-2011, 06:46 PM   #38  

Height: 1'7.5"

day 21. Three weeks I'm happy!
Jessica, good for you! Is it getting easier?
Fruitlady, wow, you're starting over although there was no binge? That's what I call being super dedicated! I'd have to eat cake all day to call a day of overeating a binge
Susie, love your attitude!Enjoy your weekend!
, you're headed for those double digit numbers! Way to go!
Tyla, I'm using you as my leader! With every new day of yours I look forward to reaching that number myself.
Kittenmancer I'm impressed with your ability to plan through so much travel . I also think that it is a crime to waste ANYthing Australian that you get from Maastricht!
Vixsin and the rest of the gang, have a wonderful weekend!
boomerang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 10:33 PM   #39  

Day 5 for me! Today was the first binge-free Friday in a few weeks. I also did my first 10 mile run this morning so I'm feeling very happy with myself right now!

Tyla - congrats on making it through some tough days!

Susie4 - wishing you a great weekend too!

Kitten - Kudos to you for staying on track despite the stress of moving. Enjoy the chocolates!

Boomerang - 21 days is AMAZING! You inspire me!

Last edited by tigrre; 10-01-2011 at 08:46 AM.
Old 10-01-2011, 12:08 AM   #40  
Jessica

S/C/G: 153/132/fit and confident

Height: 5'8"

thanks boomerang! Way to go on three weeks! I'm cheering for you!
tigrre- a binge free friday plus a 10 mile run... sounds like a great day to me!
kittenmancer- I hope you REALLY enjoy your chocolates and that moving doesnt stress you out too much!
Tyla- I love seeing what day you're on... it gives me hope that getting that far is possible! thanks for the inspiration!
It is getting a little easier each day... partly because I don't want to have to start counting back at 1. So heres to finishing day 11 strong!

I hope everyone has a fantastic and strong weekend!
danzingurl77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 12:51 PM   #41  

I slipped up a little this morning. I was grocery shopping and went overboard with the free samples. I'm skipping lunch to make up for it (I ate all that stuff at about 11:30 AM anyways) so I should still be able to hit my calorie goal for the day. In the past, going off plan like that has triggered a full-blown binge, so I'm posting here just to stay accountable.

Hopefully I'll be checking in at the end of the night to let you know that I'm at 6 days binge free!
Old 10-01-2011, 01:32 PM   #42  
Lifting geek

S/C/G: 130/125/110

Height: 4'9''

Well, I must be doing something right, I haven't felt the need to binge in a while. Today I went into a small shop to ask about papayas (they didn't have them) and stoically ignored the smell of fresh Belgian waffles. My boyfriend was supposed to come home today after a trip to our old apartment, but he called me about half an hour ago to tell me that he has to go to the hospital and won't make it today. Usually in cases like this I get mad at the world and take my revenge with a binge (I know it doesn't make any sense). I'm still worried and frustrated and a little disappointed that I won't be cooking that delicious healthy Greek dinner I was planning for the both of us, so I went and "binged" on some chicken and veggies stir-fry from a nearby place. I like them because the food is both tasty and healthy and I really didn't feel cooking just for myself.
Kittenmancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 02:04 PM   #43  

Day 22. Thank you for the support, Tigrre and Jessica.
Tigrre, OMG, a 10 mile run? Talk about inspiration! Hats off to you and if you can do that, you can do just about anything. When I was a kid I was an athlete and we had to run 3 miles as part of our warm-up and I just hated it. Still do. I can walk for 8 hrs. straight but the running is so very, very hard for me.
Good for you and for the 5 days. I don't see any problem with grazing for lunch. The impressive part is that you are breaking the habit of calling it a "blown day" and ruining the rest of it.
Jessica 11 days is so wonderful and I am glad to hear that you (too) are finding it easier to keep going without breaking your streak. I had to smile when I saw your reason because I am not sure I've been conscious of the fact that this is probably a really good motivator for me not to binge either. I look at some of these numbers and I don't want to have to go back to nr. 1 .
Kitten, not bad as stress "binges" go!
I think it's pretty cool that we're all braking some old patterns and the we manage the "triggers" differently. I can definitely point to this thread and the other one in which I participate, as the key factors for not repeating the same behavior that got me to cycle so many times with my wt. I truly would not have believed that something as "remote" as a forum would stop me in my tracks when I'm about to slip into what comes so naturally.
Have a great weekend everybody!
Old 10-01-2011, 03:12 PM   #44  

Day 39

Boomerang, keep up the great work! Me as your leader? Wow, what a great compliment! Lets keep at this together!

tigrre, thank you! Congrats on your 145 lb. loss and 10 mile run! Now that's amazing!

danzingurl, We inspire each other!

Last edited by tyla; 10-01-2011 at 03:14 PM.
Old 10-01-2011, 04:14 PM   #45  

Definitely Tyla! You are enough days ahead in this no binging struggle that I am SO rooting for you but I can also relate to you . I see those numbers in the 300s and 400s and I have to be honest: I am amazed and SO very impressed but I can't imagine what it is like to be there. THank you for lighting the way
I am a bit anxious today. For the first time EVER I will go to a restaurant for dinner and will keep track of the calories. I hope I will make it. I PLAN to make it. Set's see if I will be entitled to add to these first 22 days