Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 09-29-2011, 10:18 PM   #1  
Resident Cynic

S/C/G: 210/Ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Default Try, try again

I'm back, I think.

I fell off the wagon for a while, there. Back in June, when I was 194, my doctor and I decided to try the drug Metformin in an attempt to combat my insulin resistance. My doctor said, "It's not a miracle drug, but it'll help you lose a little weight."

I ended up gaining sixteen pounds in a little over two weeks. No joke.

Needless to say, I stopped taking the medication. I don't even want to know how much more I would've gained. I was completely devastated and I've been wallowing in self-pity and numbing my despair with Oreos (though miraculously somehow not gaining more) for the past 3 months.

I could go on and on about how bummed out and disappointed I have been, and how upset I am at having to start from 210 instead of 194, and how the world isn't fair, but that's how I've managed to waste twelve weeks and I don't want to waste any more time.

I've been lurking for a few days now and I think I'm ready to give this yet another shot and participate again. Right now, I'll be thankful if I can make it through JUST ONE DAY without sabotaging myself!
Scoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 06:37 PM   #2  
xty
bright hearted

S/C/G: 240/127/125

Height: 5'6

Congrats on trying again. And just hang in there!
xty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 10:47 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 230/see ticker/130

Height: 5'1"

Yep. Completely understand. I've just finished a week long binge and am struggling to get back onto the site so that I can get back on track. I am surprised about the metformin since it is supposed to help with weight loss. I'm on it right now for diabetes and when I stick to it at least I don't gain weight. But everyone's body reacts differently. I'm sorry yours reacted that way to something that was supposed to help. But in the end at least you're coming back to start again. I'm finding that just announcing my state on this site helps. I avoided it this week because I didn't want the accountability. But I really need the accountability and support. So I think you're stepping in the right direction. I think we just have to figure out how to not let set backs like that derail us completely. If you figure out how then please let me know. :-)
aliasihaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 05:27 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 329/319/140

Height: 5'6

Congrats and welcome back!
lushless is offline   Reply With Quote