Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 12-21-2011, 07:02 PM   #1  

S/C/G: HW200+/SW195/CW180/LW147/GW125

Height: 5 feet, 2 inches

Unhappy mad at myself :(

So I set my long and short term goals last night before going to gym and getting a really good work out. I was really motivated to stay on track today and did well eating all day....but then I broke and ate 6 of those chocolate lindt balls. It feels so impulsive. I know I don't want that junk food but it was literally like I could not stop thinking about it. I feel like a failure and have no motivation to work out tonight and pretty much just want to sit and eat more of those.
katie2689 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 07:10 PM   #2  
onedayatatimer

S/C/G: 224/ticker/145-155

Height: 5'9.5"

I really understand how you feel. But, let's just take a look at what really happened. You had an extra maybe 500 calories at most? That will not make you gain weight...you just won't lose as much. But I get it. It's not just the weight. It's the power that those chocolates had over you. I have been struggling SO MUCH with my eating lately and I will binge all day long or just be good up until 3 pm and then binge the rest of the day, consuming thousands upon thousands of extra calories (my ticker is not updated, btw because I just can't face the scale right now). What am I saying? It could be worse. Just move on and consider the fact that you stopped at 6 a success. Maybe you and I can ask ourselves what we can do to stop ourselves the next time we have a craving. For me, I'm having one right now. I want creamy chocolate and I want to devour everything that I'm addicted to. Instead, I plan to focus on the fact that I actually worked out today and have been on plan so far (it's 4pm here). I also plan to get some gum and some hot tea. I plan on taking it just one day at a time. Not to worry about the past. It's done. Beating ourselves up over our past behaviors only leads to more problems, in my opinion. It's better to look at things from an analytical perspective so as to avoid or limit future slips. I hope it's ok that I'm saying all this, given that I haven't been able to help myself all that much lately, despite every intention of recommitting myself to this journey.
luckymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 06:01 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 203/ticker/120

Height: 5'2"

I don't think you should beat yourself up about it. We're gonna have good days we're gonna have bad days but this does not mean its all over. Like luckymommy said..take it one day at a time. If today wasn't good it doesn't mean that tomorrow cant be great. And remember whatever you do just don't give up!!
Ange120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 08:28 PM   #4  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

Do yourself a big favor and throw them suckers in the garbage ... now!
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 08:31 PM   #5  
Run, run, run!

S/C/G: 204/160/???

Height: 5'4"

Let it go. Start again. If you've got more chocolate get rid of them! I had to spray febreeze on some chocolate to make me stop eating them. Flushing them works too
PrairieGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 06:01 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 202/195/140

Height: 5'3"

"You don't drown by falling in the water....you drown by staying there."
ArtyKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 10:34 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 230/see ticker/130

Height: 5'1"

I did the same thing but with a Chipotle burrito. I was doing really well and then fell of the wagon so to speak. But the main theme obviously is not to beat yourself up about it. I'm trying not to beat myself up about it. After I'd vented on this site a bit, I went out for a walk with the dog. It a- helped me digest and b- made me feel a bit better. I don't really feel like I worked it off, but I at least felt like I stayed even. And I did. I didn't lose anything, but didn't gain anything either.

So now I have to make the decision as to whether I'm going to do the same thing today. This is the hard part for me. Once I start, it snowballs. And I had lots of champagne last night for NYE as well. So I'm definitely craving junk food. But we'll see how today goes and hopefully I'll make better choices.

Good luck to you and Happy New year!
aliasihaya is offline   Reply With Quote