Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Closed Thread

Old 03-13-2001, 05:09 PM   #31  

Stephanie,

Thanks for the link! I'll go there and see what I can find out. I did watch the second part of Dr. Phil's 2-parter on dieting and "being fat" but I didn't get to see it all.

Did you ever find the 2nd tape you were looking for?? Does Oprah sell it? If not, she should! I bet there are a lot of us who would buy it.

Chris
Old 03-13-2001, 05:23 PM   #32  

Chris,

I hope you enjoy the link. I have been doing the weekly exercises in my journal. I have not found the 2nd tape but I am hunting it down. There are actually 3 in the series and no they do not sell it. But all the info is on the website. But I like to have the tapes. When I find the 2nd one I will let you know and if I can workit I can send you a copy. I will let you know.
Thanks

Stephanie
Old 03-15-2001, 06:19 AM   #33  

Hey guys! I feel like I've been gone forever! I've had a way too exciting few days! I haven't been that aware of my eating either. Stress always wins doesn't it?
My son (17) got himself arrested Sat night for speeding for competition and alluding arrest with a motor vehicle. I'm so mad at him!!!! He says he didn't run from the police, that the police car went by him after the other guy and he just went ahead and went where he was planning on going. Another cop car got him at his friends. Of course that's his story.....I don't know how much of it I believe, especially after this. I would have left his butt in jail for a few more hours, but his Dad wouldn't let me. Then Monday we had to go to the courthouse for 1st appearance, get a lawyer.....etc. My stress has been terrible! Sunday was the worse...I think I ate anything I could find. Lucky for me there wasn't a lot of junk in the house to eat, but there was enough to make me feel bad about it afterwards. I'm so upset about my son. He is not a stupid kid! He is doing great in school, he's a junior, he's got a great job, and really doesn't cause too much trouble. Other than being a typical teenager. But then when he does something so stupid I really have to be concerned that he's a complete idiot! That is not a pleasant feeling. I'm pretty sure that he will lose his license for this. Here in NC they have graduated driving steps before you get your full license. I know there is some law about tickets, etc. Of course if that happens he won't be able to work, unless we can work out some schedule of dropping him off and picking him up. That's kind of hard to do with both of us working full time. Of course he did this to himself. No one made him, and if he loses his license then it's nobody’s fault but his own. He might just have to get use to not working. And I know he won't like that, because he's gotten use to having his own money.
Sorry, I guess I needed to vent! I'm still in shock over the whole thing. I think I'm getting an ulcer! On top of all that Tuesday night I got a headache and it's still not gone. It's eased up some this morning but it's still there. Guess I'll have to go to the Doctor and get a shot.
I'm glad everyone is hanging in there! I'm really trying to get back on track. Hopefully I can get rid of this headache and get back to the walking. If I can't get in my walking it seems my eating is even worse.
I'll have to check out the Dr Phil you all keep talking about. Although I'm not really sure when I can squeeze in one more thing. Is he a diet doctor? What days is he on Oprah? I guess I could see about taping it. I don't think I've ever heard anyone talking about him except for here. But all I hear here is great things.
Well, I guess I'd better try to get ready for work and go in a little early. I have to see about getting the doctor to give me a shot and then I'm sure I won't be able to work.
Later!
Laura
Old 03-16-2001, 12:24 PM   #34  

Laura!!! I can't believe everything that's happened to you. No wonder you were eating everything in sight. I would have too! What will happen to your son, other then the possibility of losing his license? Did you ground him (or is he to old to ground?). Give yourself permission to deal with this however best keeps you sane!!! I hope your headache is gone. Let us know what happens. I'll be thinking of you.

Chris
Old 03-16-2001, 05:40 PM   #35  

Chris,
The headache's gone! Thanks! I was still sick with it when I went to bed last nigh. Of course, with the headache I didn't eat much. Maybe that made up some for the bingeing I did on Sunday.
Of course I grounded him! I don't care if he is 6" 3".
There are still rules! He can drive to school and work, but tonight when he gets off of work, the truck gets parked for the weekend. If he wants to go anywhere he has to find another way. Although I don't want him to lose his license I think he should. He has to realize that there are consquences for actions. I think he realizes what he did on some level. He told me he felt stupid and if he could go back to those few seconds where he made the decision to race he would have never, never done it. The other boy he was racing feels the same way also. He's a straight A student, ROTC, planning on going into the Naval Academy. If the "Alluding Arrest" charge can not be pleaded out, both of them will have damaged their future more than they can even possibly imagine. I don't think they really realize what that type of record will mean to their future. I'm just keeping my fingers crossed. I know I made some pretty stupid choices when I was his age. I think most of us did. I'm just grateful he wasn't drinking or drugging. I really can on some level understand the racing. Although I would never admit that to him.
I'm really trying to be a little better on the eating but I'm really stressed now. I guess I will be until I have a better idea of what is going to happen. We have a meeting with a lawyer on Tuesday. Maybe I'll know a little more then.
Well, the hubby just got home, and the puppies are ready to play. So I'm out of here for now. I'll keep you posted. It's really nice having this place to come to and share. Thanks to all!!
Laura
Old 03-28-2001, 05:16 PM   #36  

Laura,

When I think of the dumb (!!) and ridiculous things and choices I made when I was younger, I also can't believe I managed to grow up and have a family of my own! How is your son responding to his disappointment of you? That was always one of the hardest things for me to deal with...disappointing my parents. It still is, actually!

How are you doing on the (any) program? I'm doing okay.

It's been quiet on this thread....I think everyone else left! Humph!

Chris
Old 03-29-2001, 02:28 PM   #37  

Default Don't count me out ...

Hi ladies. I am sorry to hear of the things you have been having to deal with Laura, but kids are kids. I know I didn't make the wisest choices as a teen. As long as he has learned from it then hey, lesson learned.

Anyway I am doing well I am really concentrating on the Dr. Phil Program from the oprah show. I think everyone should read his book " Life Strategies" You can buy it at Walmart or Kmart and it is not about a diet it is about the choices we make and the consequenses we pay and how to change it to positives. I hope all of you are doing well. Hang in there.

Stephanie
Closed Thread