Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 06-23-2011, 10:49 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 222/ticker/140

Height: 5'9"

Default Very embarrassed...

Ok, so I have been doing so well on my diet for the past 7.5 weeks. I have had minimal binges and even when I did go over it was just a little. Well this week was terribly stressful and I won't bore you with the details but it kind of all went to poo when I drove to the gym tonight and realized that I forgot my tennis shoes. I was so upset and when I got home I binged. This was a pretty bad binge. Well I decided to get in the pool so I got into my swimsuit. All the while, my little brother dragged out the ice cream and I figured I'd have a cup (poor choice I know). So I am standing there in my bathing suit and my sister-in-laws brother walks in as I am eating ice cream! He seriously won't even look at me. It was probably the most awkward moment of both of our lives. He is very shy and I was mortified. So now, I am feeling really bad about the binge and ashamed of this stranger who just saw the most disgusting scene. I might need a little humor to cheer me up. Please, share a moment when you were so embarrassed you wanted to crawl under a rock and die.

Last edited by Sunshine87; 06-23-2011 at 10:50 PM.
Sunshine87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 11:05 PM   #2  
Le geek, c'est chic

S/C/G: 232/see ticker/150ish

Height: 5'2" and change

When I was in seventh grade or so and pretty hefty, I had an appetite to match my size. My sister and I were out and about and I remember complaining that I was getting hungry. My sister told me to wait until we got home because she wanted to stop by her boyfriend's apartment and surprise him with a gift--just a sweater or somesuch--and with the gag gift she'd also gotten him, a pair of strawberry-flavored edible underwear with red licorice laces.

We stopped at the guy's house and he got a kick out of the gag gift, then set it on his bathroom counter so he could go try on the sweater. I couldn't stop thinking about that candy. Sure, it was candy in the shape of underwear--men's underwear, specifically my sister's boyfriend's underwear--but it was still sweet, sweet candy. They'd never notice if I went in there and just shortened the licorice laces a little.

It would've been fine if the bathroom hadn't had TWO doors. I locked one, but my sister, who knew I'd been too quiet and stealthy to just be making a normal bathroom visit, opened the door from the bedroom.

I was caught eating my sister's boyfriend's underwear. In my mind's eye, I can see the licorice strand falling from my lips as I opened my candy-stained mouth in surprise. It may not actually have happened that way, but that's how it looks in my memory--and you'd better believe it was BURNED into my memory.

There was also the time I got my period during my trigonometry final (yes, I was wearing a white dress; no, I couldn't leave the room for any reason).

Then there was the time I tried to hold in a sneeze and wound up farting as I was inviting my first high-school crush to a party (he declined).

Oh, and when my brother helped me move from my first apartment, he upended a nightstand and a "toy" fell out. That was just an awesome experience for everyone involved.

I think that hits all the major embarrassment highlights in my life thus far. I'm not including the various farts, nose-whistles, visible bra straps, mispronunciations, trips, falls, stumbles, and blunders to which I am prone. I'm a silly and embarrassing creature and somehow people still love me, so I guess it's not too bad.

Please don't feel ashamed or embarrassed. Wearing a bathing suit is the best time to eat ice cream--that way if it melts, you can wash it off more easily.

Last edited by Nola Celeste; 06-23-2011 at 11:06 PM.
Nola Celeste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 11:11 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 185/ticker/135

Height: 61"

I was doing crunches at the gym the other day and let out a very loud fart. The woman in the abs room just looked at me. I apologized, but i'm not sure it helped.
dj mayhem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 11:14 PM   #4  
onedayatatimer

S/C/G: 224/ticker/145-155

Height: 5'9.5"

I feel for you! I can totally see myself going through the exact same thing! You will survive this binge....just get back on track, drink lots of water and don't forget those gym shoes!

Ok, this isn't so embarrassing, but it's a moment that has stuck in my mind. I was on vacation with my husband and mom and my son (before I had two...I was pregnant and huge like a tent!). All I wanted to do was eat. My husband was video taping my reaction to finding that he had bought some papayas. Yes, they're healthy but if you saw my reaction on this video, you'd think that I just found a box of puppies or a million dollars in cash! I kept shouting "OOHHH!!! Papaya!!! OOOHHH!!!" It looked like something out of Amercia's Funniest Home Videos, except it wasn't funny to me when I saw how huge I got. Didn't stop me though. I kept on eating and eating and eating.
luckymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 11:18 PM   #5  
Gotta Lose to Win

S/C/G: 209/209/130

Height: 5'6

use that moment as a motivator! i dont remember having an embarrassing food moment other then working at braums and squirting lime in my eye on accident when i was making a cherry limeade LOL i just went in the bathroom and cried then told them i needed to go home haha. i have been one to say the dumbest most random thing around guys tho lol i had a crush on a guy in the 7th grade and as he got on the bus i saw he had a pimple on his upper lip, well so did i! so the first thing i EVER said to him was when i pointed to my lip and said 'i got a pimple' with this cheesy grin on my face (talk about facepalm moments =P)
kimicat76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 11:42 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 217 /*/140

Height: 5'5"

hun, i'm sorry you went through that, but i think you need to understand that what caused you to binge was you sense of "loss of perfection".

You had a plan, the plan was to go to the gym, you probably made many sacrifices to BE ABLE to get to that gym...only to find you didn't have the proper foot wear to be able to workout...

so in defeat, you turned and went home...when you got home the fact that you "failed" and you failed in the past hit you...so you went back into your old ways...

it might benefit you to figure out what you will do NEXT time you forget your shoes or when a plan doesn't work out like you want it to.

an embarassing food moment. Food always fills me with guilt and shame. I can't think of a time when i am heavy that i am not embarassed to eat "junk food".
jendiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 12:19 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 200 / 180? / 140

Height: 5'4"

Okay, here's one:

I don't like spicy food, but one day in college for a cook-out I was helping prepare some jalapeņo peppers. I tried to wash the oils off my hands when done, but I guess it didn't work because later that night, when I was alone in my room and feeling "in the mood," I started having some good personal time -- until the burning sensation started!! I'd remembered not to rub my eyes with the oily fingers, but other parts just didn't occur to me....

That burning lasted for days and everyone kept wondering why I was squirming anytime I had to sit down.
Ferumbras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 03:20 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 209/ticker/170

Height: 5'8"

I wet my pants in the front office of my high school while delivering mail for a teacher... in front of 2 guys I knew. Fortunately, they never brought it back up to me... pretty traumatizing when you're 15!

I also had my husband roll over in his sleep and give me a concussion with his elbow. Try explaining that to your English Lit classmate who's trying to figure out why you're staring at the wall without getting the cops called on your poor innocent/klutzy hubby...
Eydawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 09:39 AM   #9  
Debbie

S/C/G: 317/see ticker/185

Height: 5 10

O.k. you guys seriously have me belly laughing so hard I have tears rolling down my cheeks and I nearly wet my pants. Almost had my own embarrassing moment just reading this thread.
SeeImTryin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 09:51 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

My most embarrasing moment is too embarrassing to tell. This was such a good idea , a great way to start the day with a lot of laughs. We have all had moments we would like to forget. Funny how those embarrasing moments are burned in our memories.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 10:26 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 129.4/ticker/115

Height: 4'11''

I tripped and fell while running down an extremely busy street in the Big City that I live in, just a few weeks ago! Yes, there were bystanders. I even scraped my knee. Then I fixed my hair and ran home.

PS-- I also just laughed until I squeezed out tears and almost peed. Keep 'em comin'!
FatPantsSkinnyJeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 05:17 PM   #12  

I was talking to my mom one day about the possibility of breast reduction surgery for myself. What I meant to say was, "Mom, I want a boob job.". What I accidentally said was... "Mom, I want a blow job.". I wanted to disappear!!!

Now an embarrassing moment with food, hmmm. Well, I really like the taste of diet sodas better than the real thing but I am always embarrassed to order a diet drink with a cheeseburger and fries. Inevitably, I start imagining that the 100 lb. Teen waiting on me must be cackling inside at the 200 lb. Woman ordering a ton of food with a diet drink.
atagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 12:31 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 193.2/188.0/145

Height: 5'4"

Nola Celeste, I wish I lived in Metairie! You sound like my kinda pal!
KatRustler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 07:19 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 222/ticker/140

Height: 5'9"

Thanks guys! I read some of these a few days ago and the rest just now and you guys had me howling! I did get back on track and I feel much better after some company (you) and a good night's rest.

Jendiet- You are right. That is why I did it. I have to work on my perfectionistic thinking because that can sabotage my hard work. On Saturday I decided to start a journal where I just list one thing I learned about dieting or myself (dieting related). I believe that this will help me to remember what I learn when I trip up.
Sunshine87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 07:30 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 215/184/135

Height: 5'7"

This JUST happen on Friday. While my fiance was at work, I went to try on a pair of his pants. He's like 160 and 5'8", so i knew I wouldnt fit them, but i wanted to see how bad. I remember a time I couldnt pull them over my thighs. Anyhoo, i was pulling them up and got them on but then looked down and saw I had yanked so hard the zipper broke away from the other side. FRICK! I had to admit to him what I did and that I broke the zipper, since we are living in a new country with no friends with sewing machines...ugh!
swoody29 is offline   Reply With Quote