Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 07-11-2011, 05:04 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 190/180/144

Height: 5'6

I have had plenty of butt crack moments.... they are the worst.
Shmoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 02:39 AM   #17  

I'm not sure if this embarrassing moment can be categorized as 'humorous' but when I was a senior in high school I decided to walk through the grass instead of taking the pavement because I was 'cool' and 'fearless' after a day of rain. I slipped in front of my entire class and got mud all of the right leg of my jeans; I spent the rest of the next class period in the bathroom crying and cleaning off my jeans with a wet paper towel in my underwear, lol.

Also, one time I was having a conversation with 2 'cool' girls in high school and in mid-sentence my gum fell out of my mouth and onto my chest... eugh!

Feel better, hun
RosieBones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 10:56 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 345/see tracker/200

Height: 5'7"

Okay, this embarassing moment just happened this week. This is awful!

There's this cute guy at my gym and I see him there all the time. Well, I was on the elliptical machine and he was just one over. So of course I started showing off and pushing myself a little harder to impress him. Then I felt it-I was going to fart. I tried everything to stop it but there was no use!

It was incredibly loud (or in my very embarassed mind it was) and even with my best poker face on I could contain not my embarrassment. I thought "well maybe he didn't hear it." Oh no....he heard it. He gave me this weird stare for a second and then looked away.

Needless to say-I will be avoiding him (or he'll be avoiding me) at the gym from now on!

Last edited by NYFLAgirl; 07-20-2011 at 10:57 AM.
NYFLAgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 01:07 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 133.4/123.2/115

I was at a public pool in middle school in my bikini, (well-endowed/voluptuous for my age) talking with a group of people. One pointed out a huge bug that landed right on my breast. I immediately freaked out, trying to shoo the bug away, but instead swatted my bikini top down, exposing my breasts to the entire group and public pool.
For the next year, I had the boys at school telling me "there's a bug on your shirt."
Munchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 01:24 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 277/269/145

Height: 5'7"

hahahaha!!!!!! I just LOVE you guys...I have laffed til tears are runnin down my cheeks reading these.......lol....... Thank you Sunshine for being so vulnerable here and starting this thread! Here's my little contribution... one day I was racin around the house getting ready for work and just got out of the shower. My ex was ironing and there was just a narrow space to go by between him, the dresser and the ironing board ...I was rather fluffy back then too. He was laughing and told me to be careful or he might burn my butt... he held up the iron real fast JUST as I raced by.....and BURNED MY BUTT! I cleared our king-size bed in a milli-second and screamed at him never to touch me AGAIN! ....went to work and had to sit on the edge of the chair for a week...youch!! oh...that was not the end....to this DAY...years later...he tells people this wonderful story.. sigh.. (EX!!)
betharooni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 03:08 PM   #21  
Don't give up.

S/C/G: 195/195/165

Height: 5'0"

Default Great Thread! I'll share my own story, too.

When I was in college, back when I first started gaining the weight that I'm trying now to get rid of, I stretched myself far too thin in terms of commitments and obligations. I suppose bingeing was my way of taking in more than I was expending, although it's pretty shoddy logic. I'd gained the freshman fifteen (or 18), a noticeable amount in a person who is only 5 ft tall and stocky to begin with despite regular exercise, and my family decided that they wanted to monitor what and how I ate to keep me in line. In the dorms, I had eaten a diet primarily comprised of pasta, in an effort to be vegetarian, but later discovered that I'm hyperinsulinimic and need more protein than carbs, etc., and I generally only ate in the cafeteria and seldom brought snacks to the dorm room. At any rate, my family just assumed I had grown fat simply from eating a lot of junk food when no one was around to keep an eye on me ad decided that I was untrustworthy and incompetent; today, my fatness is still cited as a reason for my failure in life, despite 3 (nearly 4) graduate degrees and many awards in a competitive field. Why is it that poor control of the body is often seen as a sign or poor mental control in women, so often? Erasing that assumption would go a long way to helping people become more responsible about their nutritional habits and less ashamed of their weaknesses! (rant over). However, my sweet tooth is only occasional and I don't often buy candy, except in times of serious stress or depression or a feeling of loss of control, except for chocolate which I crave every month when it's that time of the week. I don't deny myself a little bit, then. Bad habit, but I'm being honest about the embarrassing experience, here.

One day, during summer vacation, exhausted from work (two jobs over the summer) and battling an out of control depression and being that time of the month for me, I was reading a book at home when my cousin (who lived with us for a while) brought home an enormous bag of chocolate bunnies. They were on sale (after Easter) and she got them for a bargain and figured she could give them away or make gift baskets or something that used these bunnies which were roughly the size of my forearm. Everyone else had a taste, but I wasn't allowed to have any because of my weight and my diet (I didn't actually ask, though I was definitely tempted). I didn't want the chocolate so much, but I must have been bothered that I didn't have the choice to say no. I didn't give it much more thought, but the bunny must have haunted me or something because it apparently called me out of my sleep to eat it (joking).

Somewhere in the middle of the night, I woke up and wandered over to the closet where the chocolate bunnies had been placed (there were more than two dozen in there). I took one of the bunnies, opened the package, and ate it's ears. Instead of replacing the partially headless bunny, it seems that my somnolent self put it under my pillow. I have absolutely no recollection of doing this -- not of going to the closet, not of eating the bunny, and not of placing its chocolaty torso under my pillow. Since I was a kid, sleepwalking has been an issue for me, and so has talking in my sleep, but only twice that I can think of have I been guilty of sleep-eating. On one separate occasion, I woke up and found myself eating ice cream in the kitchen that I had refused earlier in the day; horrified and disturbed by this turn of events, I threw the rest away before going back to sleep, unobserved. It seems that the other time was this bunny incident and while my recollection hasn't changed, I can assume this is what happened, only my shame in this instance was far less private.

The next day, my sister went into the closet and found the empty wrapper and wanted to yell at whoever would leave an empty wrapper out as ants could get into the closet, but no one took responsibility for leaving the wrapper. I, having eaten part of this bunny in my sleep, did not even know I had done it and so, obviously, didn't fess up. However, my sisters (generally quick to jump on my faults as a way of feeling better about their own, as I was a "goody two shoes" in childhood) decided that it must be me because no one else had admitted to it. They decided to search my room for evidence and eventually found the headless chocolate bunny under my pillow. Such a ruckus of laughter and humiliation ensued! I swore up and down that I didn't put it there, but they insisted that I was lying. Assuming that this was an incident of sleep-eating, like the ice-cream, I eventually just explained that it might have been that I ate it in my sleep, but didn't know. They laughed for a long time at what they thought was my lying in an effort to evade my diet and subversively be a glutton.

I have never been so ashamed or embarrassed before or since that day. Of course, the story now gets repeated often for its comedic value at family gatherings involving reminiscing about the past. I've come to find it funny, myself.

I can say this to you about your experience: one day it will seem funny, even to you; you could use this as an excuse to hide and repress your feelings, or just own up to your emotions and be positive in your efforts to better cope with your sense of failure, whatever it might be. So, you're not perfect, so any possibility of an illusion of control might have been burst in that moment, so what? You don't have to be perfect! Just don't let that momentary low defeat you. Think about the day when you'll be the size you want to be, super-hot and sexy and in a bikini on the beach savoring an ice cream and everyone watching you will think you're subversively naughty in the best way because you have learned how to balance the desires of your tastebuds and the fitness demands of your body while still enjoying yourself; and then your own love of yourself and your accomplishments in that moment will be even richer because you overcame a moment of humiliation and shame that overlapped it and defeated it.

Anyway, great thread! I'm enjoying hearing all of your stories. It takes courage to admit the embarrassing things, but, that vulnerability does make us stronger in the pursuit of our goals, I think.
neon_zephyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 11:50 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 228/220/140

Height: 5'9.5

I never do those weight classes at the gyms because sometimes a girl is gassy and any kind of lunge and dip and twist could be a potential fart fart fart moment.
This is why I love the crowded spin classes with the loud music so just in-case one slips it'll be anonymous. hehe I have to admit its hilarious trying to hold one in and hoping it'll go back up while doing double time on the cycle machine.

Another thing don't you hate it when you fart privately and someone comes up right behind you.. urgh its happened so many times that I'll be straight up and say "listen, I just farted so i think you should move from there" Its always a good laugh moment.
LastTrain2Para is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 11:57 PM   #23  

Oh my goodness this is the best thread ever! Thank you so much for giving me such a great pick me up ladies )
LiLLy19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 12:06 AM   #24  
LGW
#justfortoday

S/C/G: 270/ticker/170

Height: 5'

I don't have one but my mom sure does....now I'm hoping she doesn't sign up like I suggested :-) At any rate, she LOVES eating grocery store samples. So when we went to the grocery store she was absolutely DELIGHTED at all the samples they had and told me how much she enjoys them and ate one after the other. The next thing I know she's calling me from the bathroom to buy her a pair of pants and meet her because it was coming from both ends! My mom is so great, so we both laughed until we cried!!!
LGW

Last edited by LGW; 07-23-2011 at 12:07 AM.
LGW is offline   Reply With Quote