Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 07-05-2011, 03:58 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 155/Ticker/130

Height: 5'7"

Default Healthy Triggers (as opposed to Binge Triggers)

What are your healthy triggers? What gets you going into the healthy eating cycle, as opposed to the binge eating cycle?

They can be anything, from actions, foods, thoughts. List them here!

-Brushing my teeth...a thoroughly clean mouth and flossed teeth helps me resist eating again

-Starting the day with a healthy breakfast...it sets the tone for the rest of the day of healthy eating

-Exercise...even if it's a walk around the neighborhood, just having burned some calories reminds me that I am working out for a reason and to not spoil it with junk food later.

-Putting on gym clothes...it's like a reminder that I need to work out in them at some point in that day.

-Eating organic food...wouldn't want to eat crap after spending double to eat the healthy nutritious organic food.

-Water...drinking a lot of it can be tough as I have to keep going to the bathroom, but constantly doing it gives me the feeling of "flushing" my system of bad stuff. Could be just in my head.
Beila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 04:11 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 196/ticker/125

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beila View Post
What are your healthy triggers? What gets you going into the healthy eating cycle, as opposed to the binge eating cycle?

They can be anything, from actions, foods, thoughts. List them here!

-Brushing my teeth...a thoroughly clean mouth and flossed teeth helps me resist eating again

-Starting the day with a healthy breakfast...it sets the tone for the rest of the day of healthy eating

-Exercise...even if it's a walk around the neighborhood, just having burned some calories reminds me that I am working out for a reason and to not spoil it with junk food later.

-Putting on gym clothes...it's like a reminder that I need to work out in them at some point in that day.

-Eating organic food...wouldn't want to eat crap after spending double to eat the healthy nutritious organic food.

-Water...drinking a lot of it can be tough as I have to keep going to the bathroom, but constantly doing it gives me the feeling of "flushing" my system of bad stuff. Could be just in my head.
All of these!

Also telling someone that I am going to exercise/going to the gym really makes me do it. No matter how much I don't want to!
effie12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 04:42 PM   #3  
Made of Starstuff

Thanks for starting the thread. It's good to keep in mind our good habits, and how they're keeping us healthier.

- Planning meals out for the week... there's no last minute struggle with what to eat, and it's nice to see what a week's worth of balanced meals look like.

- Regular sleep schedule... now, I am not always good with this one, but when I'm sleeping normally my whole day is better. I'm rested, and ready to accomplish things.

- Daily movement... be it a walk on my treadmill while I'm catching up with a show, or a thoughtful round of yoga, or a fun fitness tape... I'm moving more which builds muscle, stretches my limbs, keeps me active, and will ultimately help keep me healthy and fit! The full benefits are too numerous to list out, but moving more is GOOD and makes me feel GOOD.

- Don't hope for the best. Plan for the best.... It's a lot easier to stay on plan when there's a plan to follow. When I go out to eat, or when I see a rough patch I make a plan, even a quick mental plan, so that I'm prepared for what I'm going to do. At the very least I know that I'll be conscious of all my decisions, and vigilant of my choices.

- The little engine that could... I think I can. I think I can. I think I can.
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 07:37 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 143/no idea/120-110

Height: 5'2'' (and a half)

Eating Vegetables - obvious, but sometimes when I eat fruit instead because it is sweet I start to crave other sweet things.

Drinking water and green tea - I think it's because it makes me feel fuller and makes me feel like I'm eating. It's a way of filling time if I'm bored without eating.

Reading the forum - if I'm feeling in a really bingey mood I read the forum to remind myself of all the misery the binges cause.
TheManekiNeko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 07:55 PM   #5  

My healthy trigger, in addition to exercise, is to have my health drinks pre-mixed. Then, when I'm too lazy to make them, I only have to reach into the refrigerator.

Last edited by triasa; 07-10-2011 at 08:04 PM.
triasa is offline   Reply With Quote