Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 05-26-2011, 10:26 AM   #61  
Super Single Mom

S/C/G: HW/SW 275/ CW 266.2 /GW 160

Height: 5'7"

229!
Vixsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 02:27 PM   #62  
Just keep swimming...

S/C/G: 244/see ticker/150

ncuneo- We are all here for you!! I was actually going to tell you today that I happened to come across your goal pictures! I don't know how I missed them, because I thought I read every.single.post. in the Goal section, LOL!
But, I happened to see your's today, and WOOOOOW!!!! You should be so proud of yourself! You look awesome!

Don't let these extra pounds get you down. You CAN do it, and we are all here to support you!!
mamato2boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 02:35 PM   #63  
Just keep swimming...

krampus- Glad you are doing good!! Keep it up!!

Erin- Hope today is going better for you!

firebirdgirl- It's ok. Don't beat yourself up and just keep on going. You can do it!

Krystal- Sounds like you are doing good! Good job not binging on the popsicle! I think this whole process is about living and learning, LOL!

Beila- No! Don't sabotage your plan! I need you to keep me motivated till 30 days! hehe! Congrats on your breakthrough, hoping today is easier on you!

Loving Me- Hang in there!!! Sometimes we just need to go hour by hour. Or, minute by minute. I hope it's going smoothly for you.

Blondie- I weigh daily too, but I really like Krystal's strategy with recording each day, but making the weekly weight 'official'. I think that is a great way, and I'm gonna start that too I think. I know I need to weigh myself everyday to be held accountable, for now anyway...best of luck to you!
Old 05-26-2011, 02:36 PM   #64  
Just keep swimming...

Oh, almost forgot! Today is #22 for me! Annnnnd, I am down 15 pounds total, who hoo!
Old 05-26-2011, 03:29 PM   #65  

S/C/G: 155/Ticker/130

Here is a great article for us all!

http://health.yahoo.net/articles/men...daily-doughnut

Key points:
-Studies show restriction leads to overeating/eating more
-Feeling guilty creates unhealthy reltationship with food
-Allow yourself to eat a small serving of the "bad food" you're always craving, and you'll want it less. BUT ONLY BUY ONE SERVING! Don't keep it in you're house--my suggestion.

Mamatoboys--I am still staying in control. That bleep (*dessert) from yesterday almost made me want to binge. After feeling out of control for those 2 minutes or so of choming away at the dessert, I felt guilty and stopped. I started getting thoughts of eating more and something different like fast food places nearby. It was the guilt of the eating that made me almost lose it! I'm so glad I broke through it. I even thought in the back of my mind, I will get through this, and write about this on 3FC!

Ncuneo--There is NO WAY you'll get back to starting weight of 268 lbs, you simply will not get that way again. You now way too much about health and fitness, so don't be fearful of that. You won't be a statistic. I look up to you and your strength to get through your awful days and binges, and your restarts and how recommitted you are. So, start off by eating better and looking at your enviornment and the triggers and get rid of them and come up with strategies and plans if you come across these hurdles you've been faced with lately. Ex.) Stress at work / too much work / too tired, then call up your hubby or ask for help with preparing dinner. Look at the fast food places that have healthy options. Temptations when you put your son to sleep, then get rid of them. Talk to your son and hubby about what you are doing after they sleep or go to work/school, don't be embarassed, they will understand, and then keep you accountable. If they notice you go to the kitchen when they sleep, they will ask you and you'll stop doing that. Get your family to eat snacks that you eat like fruits etc. Know when your TOM is and be prepared that week for water retention, food cravings, and just get the house free of junk around that time, but use exercise to calm the mood swings and stop the bloating. These are all just my suggestions, but I'm sure you can come up with much better ones.

K9owner--I don't think popsicles are too bad, they are natural fruit juices. Well, I get the ones from whole foods, and they are 365 brand, so you may want to try it. If you like that then you can make popsicles at home using Tart Cherry Juice, Pink Lemonade, Strawberry juice, Chocolate milk, and just freeze it in a small glass bowl. Then when you need a cold sweet fix, just take the glass bowl and put it in the microwave for several seconds, and spoon away your popsicle! My friend does this with the chocolate milk, and it's like her ice cream fix.

Blondie--I don't think 2 pounds per week is too much. You can do it. But the way you're asking me is like "can't i just lose 2 pounds--is that too much to ask for?" You sound frustrated, and believe me I've been there....see my starting weight and how long I've been on 3FC. Zero lbs lost pretty much. But if we look at how many times we've "lost it" and let ourselves binge (think about the cals you consume while binging), and compare how much exercise and days we've been on plan with diet to compensate for this, there's our answer. However, if you never binged on those days that you did, and instead did an hour of exercise, you would really see a difference and probably see 2-3 lbs per week loss. Don't feel sad about not binging again. I think it's sad that you will "miss" it. Do you really enjoy the feeling of guilt and physical pain from binging? I feel too stuffed and disgusted at myself afterwards. And my face looks swollen the next day. You say you just panic and do it anyways, but the panic is not from the thought of not being able to binge anymore. It must be from something else! It just doesn't make sense why you panic about not being able to binge. Maybe you panic from looking at the hard work you must do to lose the weight ie) exercise, diet, not eating the binge food. However no one ever lost weight from binging all the time. It has to stop. Don't be disappointed in yourself, but rather believe that you can lose the weight, 1 lb at a time. If I lost 1 lb every week since I joined 3FC this year, I'd be at goal already! So be happy with every loss, success, breakthrough you come across on this journey. Try to make it to 1 week without binging, then try a month, and you'll see the results! I would weight daily to keep accountable, but do it at the same time every day and with the same clothes / no clothes and same scale. Also expect fluctuations of 2-4 lbs every day due to TOM, water, digestion. Don't let that deter you. It used to make me upset and disappointed and I would give up or feel frustrated. Also look at the way jeans fit, which is another indicator of weight loss. And if you happen to lose 1 lb or 2 lb one day, don't feel entitled to eat more. Just cause you lost a pound doesn't mean you can go back to your old ways, it just means you have to keep pushing harder for the next pound to lose. As you lose more, you'll have to work even harder, cause your body gets used to the exercise and becomes efficient at calorie usage, burning less than before (at least this is what I learned about runners).

LovingMe--Just take each hour/day at a time, and keep your mind occupied with thoughts other than food, reading, going online, doing something active, cleaning. I think I know what you are talking about--the physical pain of cravings--but it's more mental anguish to me. I feel upset inside and want to binge but can't, and I think it's a hormonal thing for me, but I'm not sure. It's definitely a mental thing though, and not physical, like my mind is so conflicted with wanting to binge and feeling committed to not. It's been a while since I've felt that way though. So as long as I keep eating something, like healthy food, I don't feel that way.

Last edited by Beila; 05-26-2011 at 03:33 PM.
Beila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 04:17 PM   #66  

S/C/G: 255/220/140

Height: 5'7

day 16!
aggie2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 06:18 PM   #67  

Hi. I weighed in and indeed did gain ... 1.2 Not the end of the world. Feel better about it all now and have cleaned the offending food from my house. Husband took it all to work to save me from myself, lol! So this is Day 1 and have been very successful-let's keep it positive and upbeat!
firebirdgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 07:21 PM   #68  

S/C/G: IDK

Height: 5'9

oww guys thanks for the support and encouraging words about the wedding event. i still don't know if i will go or not. i will probably decide the last minute. but in the meanwhile i will try to lose a few pounds. i need to shed some pounds till next semester. i really planned about losing at least a few pounds but i feel that my goal is too far away. today i dug out my heels and a sexy mini dress i bought last year in italy when i was almost at goal and never got to wear it because i gained wieght back instantly. so i wore and felt so confident and positive and really sexy and i was asking myself why the **** am i doing this to myself? actually no, who am i doing this for? for my family? why do i want to lose weight if i feel really confident right now whilst when i was three sizes smaller i felt like an elephant. i think i have size image problems :/ most of the time i really don't see myself as fat, but sometimes i feel big as a boat. ok so i felt really amazing in the dress i wore when i was skinny, but then i went to h&m to try some dresses and nothing fit me. that mad me so angry. and there were so many cute dresses and i couldn't zip not one of them. i went to look for a bigger size but 40 was obviously the biggest size. so that really got me down. then i got home and started planning again...oh well...nobodys perfect...and i think some guys even flirted with me while i was on the bus one guy was staring at me all the time and when i looked at him he moved his eyes away shyily and passing the street guys really turn their heads. well it's true that today i was tip top dressed and perfect hair and shoes...that really boosted my confidence..
june will be so hard because i have at least three exams every week. but i'll try my best and i won't give in anymore and i will ride bike to school i know myself, when i want something i usually get it, no matter what it costs,sometimes even mother nature is on my side (long story ).
ok sory for the rambling i needed to do this for me, so i can throw it out and still stay accountable because my goals and plans change daily and sometimes i don't know which plan i'm following...well i'm quite messed up ... i know
now i need you to give me some advice about exercisizin and toning in two months...critical parts are my stomach and my back...which one will give me more muscles 30 day shred or p90x, or just some strength exercises ... i literally have no idea... but i have options like a big gym ball, streching bands, elipticall which i hardly use and a bike. i was thinking of running but it's so hot outside and i probably couldn't do much in two months. so any suggestions? thank you in advance.
most of you are really progressing...i'm so proud of you!! it would be so awesome if we could be able to meet each other one time or organize our own oa meetings
missunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 08:43 PM   #69  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

Day 5. Been so constipated lately there is no room or desire for food. I eat veggies and drink a ton of water and my diet is mostly clean, but it seems there just isn't enough of it to make me go.

Big party weekend ahead. My goal is to stay binge free and resist the temptations of drunk eating.
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 09:08 PM   #70  
~Krystal~

S/C/G: ~175/Too Much/~~ABS

Height: 5'3.5"

Nicole: Thx for the added encouragement. I can always use the extra!
on Day 22 and the 15#! AWESOME!!

Beila: I’d love to have 1 serving of birthday cake—that would be a dream! However, they make them HUGE for a reason, I think—Eat More, Clog the Arteries!
Awesome suggestions for home made popsicles, except I’m detoxing from Carbs
I can have 1/day on the plan, but not the ones I have. Edy’s are fruit bars with real bits of fruit in them. The ones I can have are sf with just juice. However, I could have had a really cold glass of skim milk with a tad of sf choc syrup, didn’t think of that! Congrats on not eating the **bleep**! I have always thought of littering as a VERY BAD thing, but you have proven to me that there is DEFO an exception to the rule!!!

MissSunshine: I can’t tell you –or anyone—what plan to be on, but I can suggest South Beach if you wanna drop some pounds pretty quickly—or just drop processed carbs for a couple weeks. Also, I attempted Ab Ripper X last week It is a fabulaire workout for the abs, but be prepared to work your abs off!!! Sending you a little

Krampus: I’ve had the same issue and finally broke down and bought some sf fiber therapy—it’s an orange psyllium fiber powder. You mix it with water. Finally, after days on end, I got some relief from that this morning. I drank it 3x on Wednesday. I hate that feeling and I also drink a ton of water and eat semi-clean. I have a Carb Clever brand of peaches that I can eat the whole 11 oz can and be free from this for a few days, but with me detoxing, that wasn’t an option. Hope you enjoy your party weekend.

Ncuneo: Here’s a little for you as well

Vix: You rock girlie!! More than ½ a yr now!!! Impressive!!!

to everyone else

As for me, I am wrapping up Day 3, feeling awesome!! That sweet/cold tooth is getting a kick in the pants tonight with 1 cup of sf orange jello-YUMMI
K9Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 09:21 PM   #71  

[QUOTE]
Quote:
Originally Posted by missunshine View Post
...sexy and i was asking myself why the **** am i doing this to myself? actually no, who am i doing this for? for my family? why do i want to lose weight if i feel really confident right now whilst when i was three sizes smaller i felt like an elephant. i think i have size image problems :/ most of the time i really don't see myself as fat, but sometimes i feel big as a boat.
From Oprah's personal trainer--ask yourself these 3 questions before you emabark on any exercise program:

http://www.oprah.com/oprahshow/Weigh...-Best-Advice/2

1. Why are you overweight?
2. Why do you want to lose weight?
3. Why haven't you been successful to date?

Be honest with yourself. If after answering those questions, you haven't figured out how to go about weight loss, try a program that you mentioned, like P90X, Weight Watchers, etc. Otherwise if you can figure out your problem with weight loss, then come up with strategies to tackle the issues, whether it be eating disorder, stress, lack of time to exercise, or just plain bad food choices.

As for your body image issues, I don't know what a size 40 is, but I think that's a normal size in the US. Maybe the sizes are different where you are (are you in Europe?) I think the fact that guys were flirting with you on the bus still means that you got it, and you'll be surprised that WE are our own worst critic. If I posted my real photo here, I will probably get lots of compliments from people here, however, at the moment, I can't stand the look of my reflection in the mirror. We are just so critical of ourselves due to the media, hollywood, and magazines with models etc. But as a woman, your best asset is confidence, and it will show through the way you carry yourself. A pretty girl with no confidence, no personality is the least intersting girl in a room, however an average girl with loads of confidence and is funny and smart is the most interesting girl in the room.

Your exams should keep you occupied and away from food. Just keep studying and when you need to eat, eat healthy brain food (those with antioxidants and omega 6 ie) salmon, fish oil, blueberries, colorful fruits veggies. This helps with brain performance on tests, studies have shown. Junk food will cause you stress and overeating, and lower brain performance.

For exercises to tone your stomach, but, and back, try to do squats...
This is one that will help you lose belly fat and thus help show your muscles more...
http://exercise.about.com/cs/butthip.../aa092900a.htm

I would do these at the gym, or purchase free weights and do at home in addition to your cardio exercises (your bike, and running). All of the workout classes I take at the gym with instructors include these exercises. The squats are the most effecitve because they are your largest muscle group in your body, and when you use the largest muscles, they burn more cals versus just doing situps. Sit ups will not give you abs, you have to burn more cals to remove the fat that is on top of your abs first in order to see the muscles. Squats are also good because they use many muscles at once. If they get sore, then just wait 1 day and do them again. I usually get sore after doing the squats, but after a day, I can do them again and even more. For your yoga ball, you can use it to do sit ups on days you are resting from he squats. These workout your abs. It can also be used to stretch your back after you've done many back exercises, just lay on it and stretch your arms out to the side. It looks like you have everything you need except free weights. The free hand weights can help tone your arms, like doing push ups with them...
http://www.ehow.com/video_4936264_fr...t-pushups.html
The instructors at the gym have us lift one arm at a time with the weight, so it's like you're doing a push up, then lift one arm with the weight to shoulder, push up, then lift the other arm with the weight *couldn't find a video, but you get the idea.

The rest you can look up online or purchase a program like P90x, Insanity, etc.

No matter what, the best exercises are ones that target your largest muscle group, the quads (your thighs), so squats must be repeated throughout your toning exercises if you're doing circuit training.
Here's another advanced way to do squats...
http://www.easyweightlosspro.com/fas...o-lose-weight/

if it's too hot outside try starting your day early to do the exercises, or save up for a gym membership.

Good luck!

Last edited by Beila; 05-26-2011 at 10:00 PM.
Old 05-26-2011, 09:30 PM   #72  
Maintainer since 8/15/09

S/C/G: 173/118.6/110-115lbs.

Height: 5'3

Day 4- I don't even want anything processed. Lost 3.7 lbs. in 3 days!
fruitlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 09:40 PM   #73  
Working hard

S/C/G: 280/272/250

Height: 5'5"

Just wrapped up day 5 woo hoo!
jenfett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 09:40 PM   #74  

Quote:
Originally Posted by krampus View Post
Day 5. Been so constipated lately there is no room or desire for food. I eat veggies and drink a ton of water and my diet is mostly clean, but it seems there just isn't enough of it to make me go.

Big party weekend ahead. My goal is to stay binge free and resist the temptations of drunk eating.
Can you try yogurt? Or Yakult? I know those have the millions of healthy bacteria. But actually if you can find products with BILLIONS of live bacteria, that is better, like pills or other "yogurt shots" or powders / pills. I eat yogurt every day and "go" every day. Multiple times. Sorry TMI. But when I didn't eat yogurt every day, or veg and fruit, like my old binge days, I was also constipated at times. Try the yakult thing. It's easier to swallow down. Oh, and certain veggies can cause bloating. Stay away from those (cruciferous veg like broccoli and cauliflower, they have starches called raffinose and if you're not used to eating them regularly, you don't have enough enzymes to break down raffinose. One more thing, constipation can also be caused by regular use of laxitives. If you drink lax tea (slim tea), or other cleansing teas / pills, they may make you depend on them to go. I used to drink those teas and had trouble soon after I stopped them. So now, I've stopped them all together. No cleansing pills, no teas, just all natural fiber from veg and fruit is what is keeping me regular.

Last edited by Beila; 05-26-2011 at 09:41 PM.
Old 05-27-2011, 03:20 AM   #75  
Resident Cynic

S/C/G: 210/Ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

I've stayed near my calorie goal for the past few days, but I can't call it a success as I've been "spending" all my calories on absolute junk. I feel like crap, frankly.

I'm beginning to wonder if I have some sort of food allergy. Sometimes, as soon as I'm done eating, I experience mild stomach pain, instant fatigue, excess phlegm, itchy eyes and a little bit of coughing. I can't imagine what else would produce that particular combo of annoying problems. Oh well. Junk in = junk out, I guess. Trying to figure out what ingredients are making me feel this way seems like a lot of work, but I just had a Slurpee and nachos/cheese and that definitely did it.
Scoot is offline   Reply With Quote