Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 05-14-2011, 12:25 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 201/ see ticker/135

Height: 5'6"

Default Craving Changes?

So before I started my diet and finally was ready to have the will power to better myself I was obsessed with all things sweet. I had a serious weakness for gummy anything. Gummy worms, gummy savers, fruit snacks, etc. I would get mad cravings and even drive to a gas station in the middle of the night to get a "fix".

last week I was "cruzing" the freezer to decide a next meal and I saw the broccoli and got a mad craving for broccoli covered in cheese. I laughed out loud (literally not the LOL) and my boyfriend asked what was so funny. I realized I traded in horrid cravings for healthy cheats haha. Never thought I'd see the day when I would crave veggies over gummies! I don't even think about those owwie chewie yummies anymore.

Kinda been an interesting trip along this diet, discovering all sorts of new things about my body.
Dog Rescue Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 11:18 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 175/ticker/125

Height: 5'3

Broccoli is honestly my favorite vegetable! I always see people put cheesewhiz on it! yummm!!

congrats to you!!!!
bellaella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 01:32 PM   #3  
Playing to Lose

S/C/G: 194/ticker/129

Height: 5' 1"

Anything smothered in cheese was a problem for me! LOL But yes, I totally relate to you. My current healthy craving is grapes. I went shopping last night and went to the produce section first. (I like buying healthy things first because it stops me from buying the crap I used to love in the frozen food isle on the other side of store). Anyway, I picked up the grapes and half way into my shopping trip I started to eat. I felt kinda bad because theoretically I stole the grapes as there was less to weigh at check out. I confessed to the cashier because there was no way to hide the empty grape stems. She said she forgave me and asked to check my pockets for other items. She was kidding. I think. LOL

Anyway, it sounds to me you have really turned a corner! Congrats!
ShanIAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 09:31 AM   #4  
Ready For Prime Time

S/C/G: 179/175/Fit & Strong

Height: 5'7" Age 47

Cool! I'm the same way, too.

Awhile back, I realized that my body begins to crave whatever I've been feeding it.

With processed foods (sugar, junk, etc), it happens almost instantly. With healthy food, it takes about a week.

It does help to know that the cravings for bad stuff eventually fade, though, doesn't it?
Just Tabitha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 09:48 AM   #5  
one pound at a time

S/C/G: 250/check tracker/150

Height: 5'5"

My cravings have changed. I do crave those healthy snack choices now. But that's not to say I don't still get cravings for a sweet not so good for me snack still either. I still indulge in an occasional piece of chocolate or bite of cake, but all in moderation.

I do have to say one of my favorite sweet snacks now is frozen grapes. YUM!
tschaff04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 10:06 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 163/143/135ish

Height: 5'2

Craisins are what I look for to fill my sweet urges. I've been thinking a lot about red velvet cake and chocolate though. It's because it's that TOM.
RachaelJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 04:18 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 258/244.6/190

Height: 5'7"

Hello all, I recently found this site and am finding my way around. I stumbled on this thread because I saw Dog Rescue Mama talking about GUMMIES. Oh my goodness. I seriously crave gummies all the time. Sour Patch Kids are my down fall. I dont allow myself to buy these foods, because I eat the whole bag in a sitting, but some how I often get my hands on them. You say that you dont crave them anymore. How have you fought your cravings? Thanks
iamerican is offline   Reply With Quote