Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 04-21-2011, 05:47 PM   #1  

Unhappy stress eating

Latley i have come to realize what behavior brought me to this weight and is keeping me here...stress. within the last year i gave put on close to fifty pounds...this is the first time i really admit that to anyone im so ashamed and embarassed but today(after i ate 2 donuts! eek what am i doing?!?!) it hit me all this started when i started working two jobs my work day is 6am to 10pm and i constantly snack and stress eat...i cant say no either its someones birthday boom im eatting the cake and i hate it.

ive been doing atkins or trying to and its not that im even hungry on the diet, the plan works for me but i break down...alot. i really want to quit my second job, i know i dont need the money but for the past year ive been used to it lol im just scared and scared that if i do quit what if i still fail on my diet?

i do have alot of confidence that it would change if i had some time for myself in my schedual now the question i was going to put in another month here and quit in june but can i really afford to live like this another month...

im so frustrated im getting married in sept and i want this weight gone and the only way its gonna happen is if i have time for me

sorry for venting but i hit a breaking point today
ericamrodrigues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 07:47 PM   #2  
Playing to Lose

S/C/G: 194/ticker/129

Height: 5' 1"

Don't put off what you can do TODAY! If you don't need that second job - which contributes to your stress eating - then ditch it and replace with with a new job. Which is taking care of yourself. Join a gym, start making awesome Atkins friendly meals, spoil yourself before you get married! Sometimes when we work hard we almost feel like we DESERVE those 2 donuts....even if we feel bad about it afterwards. It's a vicious cycle, I know.

So yes, you have to have time for you sweetie. Don't wait till June! And congrats on your upcoming wedding!
ShanIAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 08:15 PM   #3  

Thank you very much it is a vicious cycle i need to get out of that workaholic mind set i started doing two jobs when bills got high but now im settled fine and a promotion at my full time job i cant wait to be able to FINALLY start completing personal goals i set for my self, i saw your stats what diet are you doing? you seem to have very good results
ericamrodrigues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 09:01 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 189/178/140

Height: 5 foot 5 inches

I know just what you mean! I knew I had a problem with stress eating but didn't realize how bad it was until today. I got in a fight with my mom and I ate about 800 calories for lunch!! I didn't even realize it until I was full and done eating I thought back and was shocked at what I ate!!! I didn't even know I had ate that much! Now that I know I do that I am going to have to be so careful! I know my journey just got a lot harder and I am sorry you have to deal with the stress eating I know it is tough. The stress eaters out there just have to be more aware of our mood and come up with ways to get around it
Sonjae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 09:43 PM   #5  
On a Mission

S/C/G: 246/193/169

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonjae View Post
The stress eaters out there just have to be more aware of our mood and come up with ways to get around it
I really think this is it. Retraining and learning new coping skills. You recognize it for what it is so that gives you a leg up on changing your habits.
4star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 08:47 AM   #6  
Playing to Lose

S/C/G: 194/ticker/129

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericamrodrigues View Post
i saw your stats what diet are you doing? you seem to have very good results
LOL – well, I am doing a combination of “this and that”. I am intermittent fasting where all my calories for the day are consumed between 9am and 4pm. I can’t work out on a full stomach so this suits me well. And, for me, working out suppresses my appetite so I am never hungry after my evening workouts. I also do low calorie (started at 1550 and now down to 1250) and low carb (less than 100g a day). And my carbs are consumed in the morning or early afternoon – never after 2pm. My body does not break down carbs very well so the fewer I have in my system to burn during my workouts, the quicker it targets fat. I am certainly not a nutrition expert nor do I claim to completely understand how the body works. But after a lot of research and understanding how my body responds through trial and error, this seems to really work for me. And it’s completely sustainable long term.

Honestly, eliminating carbs from my diet for the most part was the best thing I ever did for myself. My cravings are no longer out of control and increasing protein has really kept me satisfied.
ShanIAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 09:06 AM   #7  
Which round am I at now?

S/C/G: 158/see ticker/140

Height: 5' 5-3/4"

Especially with the getting married, I'm sure the stress will continue

I do a low-carb or "carb conscious" plan as well, and I find I'm less hungry all the time, never get the 3pm low energy slump.

Maybe keeping some good snacks around, OR lots of chewing gum OR some delicious teas can help you stop stress munching. You can replace it with chewing or sipping some lovely tea.
souvenirdarling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 03:31 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 265/175/140

Height: 5'10"

I have the same problem, when my stress level maxes out I'm in trouble. I also find that I eat to stay awake when I'm trying to study when I get home from work. (Life in a nutshell, working full time at a doctors office as a paramedic, full time college student, husband in Afghanistan, Mother that needs help keeping up with her place, house of my own that requires maintenance, Mother in law that's in and out of the hospital constantly, 3 siblings that act as though I'm a bank loan officer and/or psychiatrist) All it takes is one additional stressful event and I'm off to find food.
My doctor put me on phentermine to help stop the as she puts it "hand to mouth syndrome", it's made a huge difference for me. At least on it I can stop at a handful of nuts or a piece of chocolate. Plus it helps me maintain portion control so I'm back to losing weight. Thank God! There for a while I was doing good just to maintain the weight I had lost.
txladymedic is offline   Reply With Quote