Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 03-25-2011, 03:58 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 210.5/160/130

Height: 5'3"

Default learning moderation

how do you or are you able to learn to eat things you enjoy in moderation. i think i do best if i plan ahead. i am coming close to the end of my weight loss journey and want to think about how to incorporate sweets into my future. when i was losing it was best if i just said no because it would affect my losses. about once a month or every two i would have a binge. i'm now wondering if my very strict diet was the reason i wanted to binge, because i wouldn't know when the next sweet would come. i'm thinking about allowing myself one indulgent meal and one sweet a week and doing it on weekends when we usually go out to eat. i also don't keep sweets in the house so i am not tempted.
also i am going on vacation next month and i know i will want to indulge at restaurants we don't have at home. any tips for moderation. i was thinking of sharing the "bad" stuff, drinking lots of water and working out while on vacation, only having one treat per day. any thoughts or tips?
skinnyby25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 04:32 PM   #2  

I would say the key would be in the planning. When you know where you'll be eating, give some thought beforehand what you can/should eat there. Decide if the bread(for example) is worth the extra carbs/calories or would you rather have alcohol, pasta or potato or dessert? Then order accordingly - otherwise if you just wing it and give into temptation with each course, you can end up going way overboard.

I've been on a combo - work/vacation for almost 10 weeks and have had to do this EVERYDAY all this time. I put weight loss on hold and have strived for maintenance. I've tried to make it more of a game/adventure since it takes up a good part of each of my days/nights and have been successful even with plenty of treats here and there. I have gotten really adept at scanning a menu all the way through b4 I order anything and work it out in my head whenever possible before I even go o a place I'm familiar with.

Another tip -use oil,vinegar and a squeeze of mustard for your salad dressings -it's good and lo-cal -so you can save your calories for other things. Whenever possible I order sides of veggies -like sauteed escarole or broccoli rabe or a roasted veg. platter since we eat a lot of italian food. Believe it or not, I find these the easiest restaurants to do well in.

By all means, try to get some exercise in -hopefully a swim or something fun -incorporate a walk with sight-seeing or a museum visit...

You've done great with your weight loss - so you deserve some fun on your vacation -but you really can eat well and not gain -especially if you are active. Best of Luck and ENJOY!!
newbieblogger3 is offline   Reply With Quote