Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 03-05-2011, 09:16 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 130/120/110

Height: 5'4

Default Urgh... cannot stop binging...

Sorry this is going to be a boring post...
I just broke up wh my boyfriend, I've been able to be on track at work but since the weekend I've just been driinking myself silly and have been continuously eating popcorn, it's ridiculous, I can't stop...

I've been telling myself that it's normal that people go through this with breakups but I feel so out of control...
sunshinesmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 12:12 AM   #2  
onedayatatimer

S/C/G: 224/ticker/145-155

Height: 5'9.5"

I really feel for you......try to remember.....eating won't help the pain you're going through. Is there any way you can take a walk? Do something nice for yourself? Call a friend? Be good to yourself and treat yourself well....that means taking good care of your health. Whatever you did is in the past. Start fresh and commit to a healthy lifestyle. You can do it....I really hope you feel better asap.
luckymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 01:05 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 134/126/under 124

Height: 5'2.5

You feel bad now, but won't you feel even worse after binging, gaining weight, feeling bloated, etc? Good for you for recognizing your current binging behavior, now recognize that eating more will only make tomorrow even harder.

I agree, treat yourself to something nice other than food! Get a pedicure, a haircut, new underthings, take a walk.

Sorry about the breakup, many hugs ! You will get through this!
indiblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 02:06 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 203/179/145

Height: 5'3

Wow! You really are in need of some self gifting, so go ahead and pamper....but how about loving you at the same time:
-Hot beverage (takes longer and filling)
-Hot bath/or cleansing shower(revitalize)
-Paint your nails amazingly(very hard to misbehave while wet)
-Write and Preform (song,poem,joke) in front of yourself! (mirror?)
-----------You are amazing and this journey is worth it!------------------
happyapple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 09:46 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 130/120/110

Height: 5'4

Thank you everyone for your encouragement and support!! You really put a smile to my face
Today I think I'm a little better... I'm not sure if part of my binging had to do with drinking wine at the same time.(kinda finished a bottle)(I don't have a drinking issue cause I only drink when I'm really upset...) yesterday freaked me out...I seriously could not stop eating..right up until I went to sleep.
so today after the 2 packages of microwave popcorn from last night, I had a reasonble breakfast (I'm on Jenny Craig) am planning to go to work to work extra.
I actually went shopping yesterday prior to binging and went on a date though I felt nothing. it was when I got home though and I just felt like all the feelings that I have been supressing somehow refused to be hidden, and since I didn't feel like crying I ate...
I really am trying to work to a pt where life events are not going to chase me to binge but big events still seem to...

Hope everyone has a great rest of the weekend and thank you again for your kind words! it means alot! I have friends and cousins I can turn to but when I'm in the upset/binging state I shut down and I dont feel like talking to anyone you know?
sunshinesmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 01:12 PM   #6  
I am in control.

Height: 5'9

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshinesmile View Post
I have friends and cousins I can turn to but when I'm in the upset/binging state I shut down and I dont feel like talking to anyone you know?
I hear ya 3FC is a great place to come to b/c no one will judge you, and everyone is so helpful.

I hope you are having a better day. I know it's easier to eat than to deal with emotions, and that's something difficult to work through, but if you feel like crying, then cry ~ it doesn't make you vulnerable, it doesn't make you weak...you just need to release emotions and then you might even feel better!
Emme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 12:03 PM   #7  
Lifes a Journey

S/C/G: 195/Ticker/170

Height: 5'5

Break ups suck. Grab a cupcake and smash it. It'll make you feel better.
MiZTaCCen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 04:55 AM   #8  
struggling through it all

S/C/G: 139/136.6(Apr)->137.4/115

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiZTaCCen View Post
great idea! that is what i need to do
tubbaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 05:16 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 225/210/150

Height: 5' 7"

Do something for you. I know its hard right now, but think of this as a chance for a brand new you. Paint your nails, get your hair done, throw out the clothes you don't wear anymore, and look to the new you.

Also, write yourself little messages to stick inside your cupboard/fridge/biscuit tin that make you think twice about having that extra snack/drink.

I feel for you, but I know you can get through this
MusicalJess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 05:17 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 225/210/150

Height: 5' 7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiZTaCCen View Post
This could work to. In fact I'm going to go do this right now for the **** of it!
MusicalJess is offline   Reply With Quote