Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 09-29-2010, 07:08 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 337.4/322/155

Height: 5'8

I think the line between the two can be thin. I usually just binge, but on 5-10 occasions have purged.
Aclai4067 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 10:04 AM   #17  
improving life!

Height: 5'7"

I agree it is a thin line. I'm sure there are people who make up for their binge every single time, people who do it about half the time, people who do it occasionally and never. I think its more like the same disease at different lines on the spectrum.

I'm bulimic, I always try to "fix" the binge. Usually I'll try to eat nothing the next day, although a couple times I did workout excessively, and I have purged a handful of times in my life (when I was a teenager and some now).
pinkalarmclock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 07:38 AM   #18  
♥Thin is in♥

S/C/G: 137/135/125

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
I don't see anything wrong with eating a lot one day and then exercising for like 3 hours the next day. I do that often actually. It's either exercise those calories off or gain weight, and I choose exercise.
I agree with this. As long as you're still eating small, healthy amounts the day after the binge and you're exercising with care, then why not?
Kristy85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 07:51 AM   #19  
Just keep swimming...

S/C/G: 215/ticker/140

Height: 5'8"

I didn't know this info either, I definitely would severely restrict and over-exercise after binges, yet I never thought of myself a bulimic.
My Michelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 08:24 AM   #20  
Just imagine....

You learn something new everyday, don't you? I have been closely watching myself w/ Anorexia b/c I tend to restrict myself in the extreme at times. When you pull up info on Ana, info on bulima also comes up. I have NEVER taken the time to read it b/c I just didn't think it pertained to me in any way. After reading this thread, I'll be adding bulima to my research list. I had no idea that restricting yourself after a binge or doing extra exercise would qualify you as a bulimic. It just makes so much more sense to me to do that, not for punishment, but for evening out the calorie intake.... Thanks for the eye opener!
Hot Chicka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 08:28 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 302/ticker/175

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
I don't see anything wrong with eating a lot one day and then exercising for like 3 hours the next day. I do that often actually. It's either exercise those calories off or gain weight, and I choose exercise.
How would you feel if you could NOT exercise for 3 hours the next day?
fitkristi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 08:28 AM   #22  
Just imagine....

It’s important to note that bulimia doesn’t necessarily involve purging—physically eliminating the food from your body by throwing up or using laxatives, enemas, or diuretics. If you make up for your binges by fasting, exercising to excess, or going on crash diets, this also qualifies as bulimia.

I just read this when I googled "signs of bulima". I wonder if you aren't thinking about punishment, but to undo what you've done, if it's still considered bulima. Maybe I'm just splitting hairs here....?
Hot Chicka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 08:14 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 271/254/150

Huh. I never knew that either. I've done that for years and years. I never considered myself bulimic because I associated it with vomiting. That's actually quite a wake up call for me.
alliesarang is offline   Reply With Quote