Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 09-07-2010, 09:37 AM   #1  
action,not desperation...

S/C/G: 244/ticker/130

Height: 5' 7"

Default Yesterday=5.681 calories and 520 grams of carbs

Yes, yesterday I binged... there, I had to share it.
I've been doing great from 1 august until yesterday. I stayed everyday at about 1400 cals and 20 g of carbs and all was good. I lost about 19#.
I just hope that I can get back on track and go on with the progress.

I'm not really mad, I'm just... well I don't know how I am, I hope I can get back to normal. From previous experience, I know that one binge can very easily lead to a continuous one... and that means disaster.

I don't know why I've done it, I just know that I really wanted that chocolate and after that I could not stop.

Thanks for reading and good luck to all of you.
Philosia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 10:49 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 229/220/170

Height: 6'0'

I'm proud of you for sharing. I will pray for you!
chickybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 04:41 PM   #3  
A Work in Progress

S/C/G: S-201.5/C-142.5/G-145.0

Height: 5' 6"

Just sending hugs and letting you know you are not alone.

I am just coming to understand that I, too, am a binge eater - and this weekend was a doozie.

I have recommitted to a healthy lifestyle with lower carb eating. I'm doing a 2-day carb cleanse right now, which always helps me to refocus. Having restrictions seems to feel good after being out of control, and limiting carbs really helps remove those cravings.

You can do this. Good for you for coming here & sharing with us.

cherylmn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 05:33 PM   #4  

Height: 5'8"

Do you know what triggered you to binge?

Back on track I think is the right attitude!
Best of luck to you!!
BlueFlower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 05:28 PM   #5  
action,not desperation...

S/C/G: 244/ticker/130

Height: 5' 7"

Thanks a lot girls.
Getting back is not easy. I still struggle, but it has to be ok in a few days.

BlueFlower, I could guess that the binge was triggered by the ugly TOM and the fact that it was the same number on the scale for some days... I know... TOM= water retention and bloating, but I still think that these motives are not strong enough, I should have been stronger.

Thank you again, girls, for your hugs and kind words, I really need them.
Kisses!
Philosia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 05:41 PM   #6  

Height: 5'8"

I had the worst day on Tuesday, and I have no idea why! No TOM or anything. That is so frustrating not knowing WTF just happened!

Can you change something in your routine, as in dramatically, today? Just get OUT, do something different to shake things up? Something fun? I know how down I can get after a binge. I really need to lighten my mood, afterwards, or it just spirals downward.

Have you tried the Midol PMS formula? Not the one with caffeine, but the multi symptom one? That helped me most when I was having bad TOM's.

Hang in there!
BlueFlower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 07:10 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 95/Ticker/70

Height: 170cm

Hi Philosia, I binged too yesterday. I was leaving my current job and had a going away lunch. I was only going to eat salad but then everyone decided to share so ended up eatinga whole lot of things which included fries and pizza. that led to eating lots of cheese and crackers and ended with a martini. I am back on track as of this morning but am so worried that I wont be able to control myhsellf. I know from experience that once i break a diet, i find it hard to get back on the wagon and one binge turns into weeks of binging. But I dont want to gain my weight back, so going to try my hardest to stay within my WOE.
mascara blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 08:36 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 267.8/211/150

Height: 5'2"

I'm sorry. I hope you're able to get back to your plan today and move forward!
Bac0s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 08:41 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 191/143/128

Height: 5'2"

I, too have binged for the last three days. Crazy because I had finally lost the ten lbs I gained from my last month long binge fest. So, as soon as I'm back to square one and on track to lose more weight, I sabatoge myself with another binge. I don't even know what the heck triggered it. I have no excuses or logical explanations. Yesterday was the worst! Over 4,500 calories!!! Today I tried to stay light and cleanse myself. Had yogurt for breakfast and 2 cups of coffee. Lunch was hectic, only ate yogurt and a nutrigrain bar. Then I came home from work....and ATTACKED!!!! I had half a bag of mini marshmallows, a choclate dipped ice cream bar, half a lil debbie brownie and 2 bowls of potato chips covered in nacho cheese. Aye, aye, aye...haven't counted the damage yet.

I wish there was some kind of reasoning to grasp behind why we binge when we do....it should be easier to accept, identify and address...but it's SO frustrating when there is no rhyme or reason behind the chaos.
marielenrdz is offline   Reply With Quote